Author Topic: 16 Apr 2017 Albion 0 Liverpool 1  (Read 36899 times)

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #150 on: April 17, 2017, 08:01:15 PM »
I'd agree with this but what I will say is Rondon gave Phillips the ball too late; by that time, any toich Phillips took gave Mignolet the chamce to rush out.

are we watching the same play?  :-\

https://youtu.be/XnEVGbm3KEM?t=4m20s

baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #151 on: April 18, 2017, 07:20:25 AM »
Genuinely didn't think we deserved to lose that game, we weren't at our best but neither were Liverpool. A little luck in front of goal with the chances we had we would likely be on here saying it was a decent performance against one of the top sides. I've seen someone on twitter genuinely compare it to what we had to watch under Buckley for crying out loud.

Only real criticism of them was the performance of Fletcher and to a slightly lesser degree Chadli. Fletcher had the worst game I've seen from him, if he just did the simple thing and make a short pass when he has the chance like Yacob does instead of getting caught on the ball for too long he would look half decent. As for Chadli he simply looks devoid of confidence and quite frankly lost, to get more out of him we have to use him in that number 10 role so he has some freedom away from having to have too much defensive responsibility that he clearly isn't used to having or doing.
Totally agree , Chadli's best games for us has been sitting behind Rondom , one of the reasons he started on the bench so often at Spurs, was because they had to many quality central midfield players , and in my view he is not a flank player, to get the best out of him he has to play no 10 position, also whilst I admire his endeavour , Fletcher is increasingly trying to do the difficult thing instead of the simple one , he is constantly turning into traffic instead of playing the simple ball , which for a player of his experience and pedigree is very painful to watch.
having said that we deserved a point, but same old story nobody can finish

baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #152 on: April 18, 2017, 07:21:40 AM »

He knee'd it back.
correct and under the rules it is not a pass back

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2017, 09:33:23 AM »
Woeful, utter garbarge.

Terrible defending , how people see positives from Craig Dawson is beyond me. Useless. More negative chyte from Pulis again, poor finishing from a league one striker in Kanu, and the worst performance of the season from Captain Fantastic.

Really unsure whether or not to renew, with the uninspiring , negative cap in charge.
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #154 on: April 18, 2017, 10:03:35 AM »
Woeful, utter garbarge.

Terrible defending , how people see positives from Craig Dawson is beyond me. Useless. More negative chyte from Pulis again, poor finishing from a league one striker in Kanu, and the worst performance of the season from Captain Fantastic.

Really unsure whether or not to renew, with the uninspiring , negative cap in charge.

Apart from that though it was alright wasn't it?  ::)
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2017, 10:05:33 AM »
 ;D

Oh ye, fantastic

RuncornBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2017, 12:50:54 PM »
During the game, I was adamant (Not Adam Ant) that there was a pass back to Mignolet who picked it up but on Skysports match highlights it never even got a mention.  It was not given but we were all sure that it was. 

I was at the back of the SME. 

Anyone else see this?
Heyyyyyyy, Tim Sherwood, Oooh, Aahh, I wanna knowwww..........Why you're such a.............

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2017, 01:14:19 PM »
During the game, I was adamant (Not Adam Ant) that there was a pass back to Mignolet who picked it up but on Skysports match highlights it never even got a mention.  It was not given but we were all sure that it was. 

Anyone else see this?

Think you may be referring to the knee back to the keeper mentioned elsewhere on the thread.

Perfectly legal.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2017, 01:26:55 PM »

Anyone else see this?

Has to be with the foot.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2017, 03:30:37 PM »
Has to be with the foot.

Or from a throw-in  :P.

Here's the rule:

The offense rests on three events occurring in the following sequence:
The ball is kicked (played with the foot, not the knee, thigh, or shin) by a teammate of the goalkeeper,
This action is deemed to be deliberate, rather than a deflection or miskick, and
The goalkeeper handles the ball directly (no intervening touch of play of the ball by anyone else)

When, in the opinion of the referee, these three conditions are met, the violation has occurred. It is not necessary for the ball to be “passed,” it is not necessary for the ball to go “back,” and it is not necessary for the deliberate play by the teammate to be “to” the goalkeeper.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #160 on: April 19, 2017, 09:47:10 AM »
I agree, but I wouldn't hold your breath if I was you...

After so many years of supporting the Albion, I never do.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #161 on: April 19, 2017, 09:35:40 PM »
Not sure if it's already been mentioned but what was with the 'long' throws ? Mostly by Phillips but also Morrison. They never looked like reaching one of our shirts and we didn't seem to have anyone positioned to help them on. Can we knock this tactic on the head now please TP ?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #162 on: April 19, 2017, 09:45:07 PM »
Not sure if it's already been mentioned but what was with the 'long' throws ? Mostly by Phillips but also Morrison. They never looked like reaching one of our shirts and we didn't seem to have anyone positioned to help them on. Can we knock this tactic on the head now please TP ?

Its one that Leciester seem to have started using with Fuchs becoming the new Rory Delap

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #163 on: April 19, 2017, 11:31:17 PM »
Its one that Leciester seem to have started using with Fuchs becoming the new Rory Delap
Yeah I haven't really seen how successful it is with Fuchs but our version seemed to under-powered and hand the ball back to Liverpool.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #164 on: April 20, 2017, 12:05:17 AM »
Yeah I haven't really seen how successful it is with Fuchs but our version seemed to under-powered and hand the ball back to Liverpool.

Underpowered is an understatement. Phillips has got what can only be described as a short throw.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2017, 12:33:13 AM »

First goal at Palace last week came from a Fuchs throw I believe, straight onto Huth's head

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2017, 09:44:15 AM »
Our attempts at them were laughable and about summed our performances of late up.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #167 on: April 20, 2017, 11:00:37 AM »
Yet we insisted on continuing to use them!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #168 on: April 20, 2017, 11:36:00 AM »
Bring back Andy Legg

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #169 on: April 20, 2017, 07:42:44 PM »
Yet we insisted on continuing to use them!
That's what I couldn't understand, was it a cunning plan to let Liverpool have the ball back even quicker ?