Author Topic: Official: Jonny Evans joins Leicester  (Read 428937 times)

Topman

• Youth Baggie

Re: Official: Jonny Evans joins Leicester
« Reply #525 on: August 19, 2016, 05:32:58 PM »
The only slight negative with Evans is he is prone to injury. I doubt he'll go long before he tweaks his hamstring. It would be the only consideration to selling him for silly money

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #526 on: August 19, 2016, 05:59:35 PM »
We are are small fish in a big pond and if the big fish want what we got they'll take it or it will unsettle the player we lose both ways, if we sell the money never seems to be ploughed back into the team, or is that just my imagination, maybe things will change when the new owner get to grips with things I don't know.  I won't be holding my breath, as for Evans the united fans I know can't believe we hold him in such high esteem.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #527 on: August 19, 2016, 06:00:38 PM »
I did say days ago he will go,and it's nobody's fault.
Let's just admit that Arsenal are bigger, good players have ambition and everyone wants to earn more.

Worst outcome is we haggle and leave it to late , best is anything north of 22m or a really good midfielder as part of the deal.

Unbelievable  that people actually want us to sell our best players even though we have not signed anyone.
Sometimes i doubt i am on an Albion board.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #528 on: August 19, 2016, 08:16:34 PM »
We are are small fish in a big pond and if the big fish want what we got they'll take it or it will unsettle the player we lose both ways, if we sell the money never seems to be ploughed back into the team, or is that just my imagination, maybe things will change when the new owner get to grips with things I don't know.  I won't be holding my breath, as for Evans the united fans I know can't believe we hold him in such high esteem.
A Yanited fan told me he was gutted with the Ibra signing.  ;)
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #529 on: August 19, 2016, 08:17:56 PM »
Campbell and Gibbs as part of a deal?
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #530 on: August 19, 2016, 09:57:19 PM »
Unbelievable  that people actually want us to sell our best players even though we have not signed anyone.
Sometimes i doubt i am on an Albion board.
Kindly point out where I said that?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #531 on: August 19, 2016, 10:05:51 PM »
It all hinges on Arsenals bid for Mustafi, if he signs we are fine if not expect Evans to go for £25m or so. Although it does look like Mustafi will sign for Arsenal.
Gera, Gera, Gera

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #532 on: August 19, 2016, 10:25:28 PM »
In my opinion it would be stupid if not suicidal to let him go.
He is a rock in our team.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #533 on: August 20, 2016, 09:03:18 AM »
Kindly point out where I said that?

It's the apathy i am relating to on this board.
Someone comes after our players it's, Oh well they are a bigger club and we are little Albion. Someone beats us to a signing and it's, Oh well if he gets injured they will be screwed i am glad we aren't in their shoes, we dodged a bullet there. We don't sign anyone and it's, Oh well, why are people panicking, it's only May and players are on hols, it's only June and players are at the Euro's, it's only July, plenty of time yet, it might be August but we have until the end of it, the season has started but we still have a couple of weeks left, we will sign someone once other clubs start buying, ooh it should be interesting to see who we will be signing on the last day.
Oh well, we have got some big earners off our wage bill, glad we make a profit we could be like Leeds or Portsmouth. :)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #534 on: August 20, 2016, 09:16:50 AM »
It would be madness to let Evans go and given he has a contract with us to 2019 there is no compelling reason to do so.

However there is a point when it gets tough to say no and frankly saying no would just alienate the player to the point that he downs tools (wrong I know but that is the reality). Evans is 28 in the form of his life and a shot at the big time beckons with Arsenal at £16m the club can easily say no, less so at £20m but at £25m the player is likely to feel aggrieved.

There are two reasons that this might not happen firstly Arsenal signing of an alternative and Mustafi does look likely and the willingness of Arsenal to go beyond £20m.

For the sake of clarity I don't want to sell Evans but every player at every club does have a price but in many instances that price is prohibitive. Did Juve really want to sell Pogba? Probabably not, but the deal was done and Juve are a lot closer in stature to Man U than we are to Arsenal.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #535 on: August 20, 2016, 10:04:44 AM »
Williams has explained in his statement that prices bring quoted for players are, quite frankly, too high.

So how much would we have to pay for a proven premiership player at an established premier club, with international experience, trophies under his belt and the best player at his club? In the current climate....

How much will Sunderland want for Lamin Kone or Burnley for Keane or Stoke for Shawcross? Evans is arguably better than all.

So if Arsenal come asking, the price Mr Williams should quote should be, quite frankly, too high.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #536 on: August 20, 2016, 10:33:32 AM »
Everyone's got a price, I wouldn't the begrudge the club for selling him for £35m-£40m and replacing with quality for £20m (providing the fee was warranted to the players ability), but I just cannot see how we would pull that off. If we could bring in quality then it would not be an issue, for me though, Evans is pure gold and I'd love to see him stay but if sill money comes knocking then we would be silly not to take it providing we replace him. 

I think we all need to give it a year from September 1st 2016 and see what we are dealing with our new owners and chairman. Rome wasn't built in a day and with the new ownership, any conclusions to how we will operate are premature, as they need time to bed in. Any signings made will need time for us to judge (remember when everyone was slaughtering Rondon last season??), it's the same thing with the new owners and chairman. JW is well respected and knows what is needed, let's give the new regime a chance.
mate you have hit the formula on the head when it comes to transfer negotiations everybody's got a price, any chance someone who's ITK could inform the transfer department

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #538 on: August 22, 2016, 10:57:40 PM »
About what we would need to replace him, seems fair.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #539 on: August 22, 2016, 11:09:53 PM »
Too late for a club like us to replace Evans plus I don't see Wenger spending that much on him.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #540 on: August 23, 2016, 08:36:46 AM »
Talksport have just said Arsenal to offer £25million for Evans.

That ain't Championship change, Interesting to see what we do.
No matter where I roam, I will come back to the Brummie road, Cause no bonds, can ever tempt me from thee. The Jam (nearly)

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #541 on: August 23, 2016, 08:38:32 AM »
TalkSport may as well be called Talk pooh.

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #542 on: August 23, 2016, 08:40:07 AM »
TalkSport may as well be called Talk pooh.

My mistake WBA have apparently slapped a £25million valuation on Evans.
No matter where I roam, I will come back to the Brummie road, Cause no bonds, can ever tempt me from thee. The Jam (nearly)

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #543 on: August 23, 2016, 08:41:02 AM »
To be honest I don't believe we have put a valuation on any of our players.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #544 on: August 23, 2016, 08:44:39 AM »
As I read it, from the Telegraph, we will not sell him for any less than £25 million, with a club valuation of £30 million - not sure where that's come from, but if it's from the club, it's a mighty dangerous tactic.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #545 on: August 23, 2016, 08:50:27 AM »
As I read it, from the Telegraph, we will not sell him for any less than £25 million, with a club valuation of £30 million - not sure where that's come from, but if it's from the club, it's a mighty dangerous tactic.

Arsenal are a victim of there own making. If we aint careful people will start ramping up the prices the more desparate we get.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #546 on: August 23, 2016, 08:54:18 AM »
Arsenal are a victim of there own making. If we aint careful people will start ramping up the prices the more desparate we get.

Slightly off topic Jim, but you would hope we have identified our targets & are well on the way by now, but it does show just how difficult the window has been this year & is probably set to get a whole lot worse.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #547 on: August 23, 2016, 09:00:42 AM »
I just don't see how we can possibly sell Evans this late in the window, it would leave us bare arsed in 2 positions, CH and LB. Doesn't matter how much we get, I just can't see us getting replacements in in time. Would be an unmitigated disaster.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #548 on: August 23, 2016, 09:01:09 AM »

I agree. I think we are in to desperate territory now. It's fairly obvious who our main targets were and we've been unable to sign them. Going for the likes of Galloway and Rodriguez highlight this for me. I'll be surprised if we make another 2 signings. I don't think the window has been difficult and other teams have managed to make signings. We've made it difficult for ourselves by narrowing our market to British based players.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #549 on: August 23, 2016, 09:02:41 AM »
Not really, we don't want to sell him, so if they want him they can pay up big time.