West Brom Dot Com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: THE ALBION ASSEMBLY - PLEASE READ
« Last post by TheBrom on Today at 03:34:36 PM »
It isn't the club. The club has to give permission to raise funds on their property - which they have by allowing money to be raised inside the ground. Outside the ground is subject to approval of other parties, including the police. I've seen people trying to raise money for some completely unrelated cause moved on from outside the ground because they don't have approval.

The club was blamed for the hassle that occured during the Jeff Astle Foundation collections when those involved went against the pre-arranged rule surrounding them being there. Part of the reason they limit / set out collection areas beforehand is to prevent someone coming along with a bucket and conning people pretending to be raising money when they aren't. If the charity involved sticks to the areas they've set out then should anyone be collecting elsewhere they can be checked. I seem to remember it being brought up during a shareholder meeting explaining why these measures were in place and mostly the clubs hands were tied and the measures the club took that were deemed 'bad PR' were in the most part to protect the integrity of the collection.

Exactly this, you need a permit from the council to collect outside the ground. As mentioned if you Google collecting money for charity outside football ground, it shows that every club advise this not just west brom
General Football & Sports / Re: Anything Stoke
« Last post by WBAinDEVON on Today at 03:08:18 PM »
is he their new lean mean goal scoring machine
I reckon it'll be...

Myhill

Nyom   Dawson   Hegazi   Wilson

Yacob  Field

Leko   Chadli   McClean

Rondon
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Tony Pulis
« Last post by baggiejohn on Today at 01:47:30 PM »
One of my point's from earlier is that our general status as a club(fanbase/stadium etc) and geographical pull of London instantly puts us at a disadvantage in the transfer market when you see some of the names people want us to go for or that we've  "missed" out on, it's just not realistic.  COYB

Does anyone else think our location is a problem?

Our Head Coach lives on the South Coast, two of our last season's squad travelled down from Manchester every day.

Most of our first team squad are wealthy enough to have a daily commute by helicopter.

I'm not sure our location is a big issue, I'm not even sure our playing style & Head Coach is a big issue.

When other clubs are offering to double his wages to attract our captain, & when the person who has the final say is procrastination personified, that's a big issue.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Tony Pulis
« Last post by section5 on Today at 01:33:08 PM »
Apologies for going slightly off topic,

We are out performing in respect to who we are, BUT, look at what we could be
a) we are one of the 30 richest clubs on the planet,
b) we are the only premier league club in a caption area of circa10 million, (w.mids 5.7m, worcs 0.5m / warks 0.5m / glos 0.8m / s.staffs 0.4 / shrops
 0.3 ........
c) History, founding club, league winners, cup winners (*5)
d) international players ...

The club NEEDS to shed its small town mentality, hopefully Lai & Palm will do this, The start point has to be marketing the brand better IMHO.

Don't entirely disagree with you but your points also raise the question why aren't we a bigger club by now? Why aren't we filling out the stadium giving the owners the necessity to expand the stadium and bring it in line with other modern capacities /stadia. Being in the top 30 richest doesn't mean an awful lot as a lot of premier league teams run at losses, something jps model ensured we were always in the black. Although we're in the 30 richest teams that doesn't mean that much and turning that into being one of the world's 30 biggest teams would require at least 10/20 years of work unless we have a season like Leicester. As for international players there's a plethora of them in both premier league and championship wouldn't read too much into that. I think the fanbase definately have a role to play if we want to achieve any sort of top 7 team status.  I remember going down to the Hawthorns knowing it would always be packed and we'd back the boys and manager for 90 mins and wouldn't shut up. Now it's like a chore for most people,  i understand, as fans we want ambition, but to reach that it has to be measured and gradual. The points you raised yourself definately suggest we have the foundations to really push on as a club, however these factors haven't changed for about 9/10 years now we've become an established premier league team,so for anyone to say TP is holding us back as a club needs to look at the bigger picture (not saying you are just a general feeling). I understand the frustration and share the ambition but dont want to see us like the villa down the road. One of my point's from earlier is that our general status as a club(fanbase/stadium etc) and geographical pull of London instantly puts us at a disadvantage in the transfer market when you see some of the names people want us to go for or that we've  "missed" out on, it's just not realistic.  COYB
They've only lost one competitive game at home in 2017. A tough game.

I'm inclined to agree. Easy to overlook a founding member club of the FA that fell out of the leagues in the sixties... but brilliant 80s milk ad notwithstanding, think they are slowly resurgent.

(sets tone for us winning 4-0......)
                                                          Myhill

Wilson               Dawson                      Hegazi         Nyom

Field           Barry

Leko                     Morrison                Chadli 

Rondon

Subs: Palmer, O'Shea, Brunt, McClean, Livermore, Harper, Rodriguez                     
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: THE ALBION ASSEMBLY - PLEASE READ
« Last post by PsalmXXIII on Today at 01:07:11 PM »
Hardly a "target".

Bound to be the club - there was something similar with Jeff Astle if I remember correctly.

It isn't the club. The club has to give permission to raise funds on their property - which they have by allowing money to be raised inside the ground. Outside the ground is subject to approval of other parties, including the police. I've seen people trying to raise money for some completely unrelated cause moved on from outside the ground because they don't have approval.

The club was blamed for the hassle that occured during the Jeff Astle Foundation collections when those involved went against the pre-arranged rule surrounding them being there. Part of the reason they limit / set out collection areas beforehand is to prevent someone coming along with a bucket and conning people pretending to be raising money when they aren't. If the charity involved sticks to the areas they've set out then should anyone be collecting elsewhere they can be checked. I seem to remember it being brought up during a shareholder meeting explaining why these measures were in place and mostly the clubs hands were tied and the measures the club took that were deemed 'bad PR' were in the most part to protect the integrity of the collection.
Albion police on twitter have stated that there have been over 1200 tickets sold
there was a piece on the O/S yesterday stating that tickets were still on general sale.

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2017/august/accrington-stanley-on-general-sale/
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10