West Brom Dot Com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Announcements, Feedback & Questions / Re: New forum site?
« Last post by don1thedon on Today at 02:57:38 PM »
Glenn is adjusting a few things
OK, thanks Oldbury.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Sam Field
« Last post by TheBrom on Today at 02:53:43 PM »
He didn't get booked for holding onto the ball. The ref let that go. He asked Field to move away from the touchline in the aftermath twice. Field ignored him and got booked.

Surely he was just trying to give the ball back  :P
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Ahmed Hegazi signs official
« Last post by Albion79 on Today at 02:52:21 PM »
I do still think he has a mistake in him but recently he has improved massively with his consistency, probably now getting used to the pace of the game, etc.

I thought a few months ago he was a backup defender but of late he would be one of the first names on the teamsheet and at the right price its a no brainer to sign him.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Claudio Yacob
« Last post by alex1 on Today at 02:50:22 PM »
I think Claudio is tops at what he does. Ball winning and man marking. However, he's been a victim of the previous regime which overloaded the squad with defensive midfielders.
You cannot play 4 defensive midfielders in one team. Even Pulis didn't play all 4. With Field you have 5 to choose from.
Maybe though a couple are capable of playing a more attacking role, though I don't think Claudio would be one of them.
« Last post by TheJacko2000 on Today at 02:49:18 PM »
He didn't get booked for holding onto the ball. The ref let that go. He asked Field to move away from the touchline in the aftermath twice. Field ignored him and got booked.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: F.A. Cup Round 3 v Exeter City (A)
« Last post by TheBrom on Today at 02:47:41 PM »
They'll be looking for the replay to get as much revenue as possible. My mate at work is an Exeter fan and said their manager has already come out and said he wants to bump the prices up for the game so that they can sign a player in the January window! Apparently when they played Man Utd, it kept the finances ticking over for a couple of years.

Edit: I see they have already increased the prices for the home fans.
« Last post by TheBrom on Today at 02:45:46 PM »
Was quite funny. Thought it was a soft yellow, the Liverpool players were just getting wound up because they couldn't score against us and he only held the ball behind himself after one of them pushed him. What would have been the outcome if that was a ballboy?
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Darren Fletcher
« Last post by TheBrom on Today at 02:44:09 PM »
My Stoke mate says it looks like his legs are gone and he's lacking a yard on most other players. May have been interested in him for another year in and around the squad, but certainly not the 2 year extension he was after.

Could also argue that Field has flourished since he's been gone as he was virtually a guaranteed starter every week.
Last Match Forum - 13/12 Liverpool (A) / Re: After Match Debate
« Last post by Fritzl Palace on Today at 02:44:02 PM »
But I'm sure after saying that Murphy also said he wished it had stood too

Yes, as a Liverpool fan.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Ahmed Hegazi signs official
« Last post by caravanc58 on Today at 02:34:22 PM »
Really hope we sign Hegazi permanently,he's getting up to speed with this league now and a more than adequate replacement for Ollson.at the reported £5m asking price it's a steal these days.he was immense last night against some top quality players.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10