Author Topic: 10 March 2018 Albion 1 Leicester City 4  (Read 43138 times)

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #250 on: March 10, 2018, 08:11:24 PM »
if the pole was the best on the pitch for us we are in the shyte, he's ordinary at best and nowhere near worth £100k pw.

Stick him in a team that isn't utterly useless and we would see. At one point in the game he was literally stood there, ball at feet, telling Burke where he should be running.

As with Rondon he will make a number of people look very silly next season

chippyclarke

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #251 on: March 10, 2018, 08:17:29 PM »
I just cannot believe how lazy a player Phillips is.
His positional sense is atrocious and he won't get stuck into a tackle. In the couple of seasons that he's been here, he admittedly has had a few, very brief moments of "greatness" (I can't think of a suitable word)!
I think its a shame that Burke hasn't been given more of a run out instead of this waster.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #252 on: March 10, 2018, 08:29:57 PM »
Pathetic Performance today at least the villa beat the dingles 4-1 at there hole
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

Raglan

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #253 on: March 10, 2018, 08:45:29 PM »
Looks like Jeremy is right, championship here we come.Still ,, if the club offloaded by current owners, he could make a few more bob eventually.!!

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #254 on: March 10, 2018, 09:25:21 PM »
I know it is all about opinion but Burke will never make a premiership player from what I have seen. One good cross don't make a player.  As for Vardy, I applauded his goal but when the twonk goes to our fans and giving it the big one makes my blood boil even his own team mates was trying to drag him away, celebrate by all means but he was well out of order.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #255 on: March 10, 2018, 09:26:54 PM »
I know it is all about opinion but Burke will never make a premiership player from what I have seen. One good cross don't make a player.  As for Vardy, I applauded his goal but when the twonk goes to our fans and giving it the big one makes my blood boil even his own team mates was trying to drag him away, celebrate by all means but he was well out of order.

Why on earth would you applaud an opposition goal?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #256 on: March 10, 2018, 09:39:01 PM »

Why on earth would you applaud an opposition goal?

Cause it was well taken.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #257 on: March 10, 2018, 10:08:05 PM »
I feel really low at the end of today.  Leicester are a team we have always been competitive against and today it could have been 1-6.  I had to endure Vardy goading us again and a management and team that really do not appear to have a clue or at the moment care very much either.  Even mercenaries tend to have some pride in doing a job.  Ours seemingly do not.  I am at the stage when my brain cannot do more football and I certainly cannot see it again on match of the day. I fear that we are not suddenly going to become a winning Championship team.  It is going to be tough next year as well.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #258 on: March 11, 2018, 05:46:02 AM »
He could have taken any one of that midfield off, Krychowiak was no worse than Brunt or Livermore but to then stick Field out wide and leave Brunt in the middle was laughable

Utterly pathetic. It's as if he's setting Field up to fail. He's a young kid that needs handling properly, Pardew is just throwing him to the sharks and since when has Brunt ever been any good in the middle? So we have a central midfielder out wide and a wide man central. Fantastic.

Week by week the team is actually getting worse and worse. We're not even defensively competent anymore.

He's got to go Pardew.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #259 on: March 11, 2018, 07:02:06 AM »

Yet when he went off it was 1 all. The best of the 5 in midfield by far.

Not a great recommendation though is it?
I'm probably better than 4 of them.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 07:04:50 AM by tuamigos »
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #260 on: March 11, 2018, 08:40:28 AM »
Cause it was well taken.
Horrible chav but agreed , superb goal.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

pensnett stu

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #261 on: March 11, 2018, 10:22:58 AM »
Walking away from the game every fan i talked to said the same thing what was Brunt doing in the middle of the park and Field is sitting on the bench.On a lighter note there was a skip Lorry parked on the road out side in Halfords Lane.Wonder if you can fit 11 players in it😀

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #262 on: March 11, 2018, 11:34:07 AM »
Walking away from the game every fan i talked to said the same thing what was Brunt doing in the middle of the park and Field is sitting on the bench.On a lighter note there was a skip Lorry parked on the road out side in Halfords Lane.Wonder if you can fit 11 players in it😀
and the Management team and Willimas
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

pensnett stu

• WBA Newbie

Poor refereeing
« Reply #263 on: March 11, 2018, 01:12:40 PM »
Although we deserved to lose yesterday,I thought Bobby Madley made poor decisions against us. Especially Wes Morgan who ought to have been sent off for blocking  Rondon off at least 3 times. The last one especially when Rondon would have been clean through.Although he would probably have missed,and the deliberate foal on Brunt wasn't punished.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

Re: Poor refereeing
« Reply #264 on: March 11, 2018, 01:21:54 PM »
I'm glad you started this topic, I'm not normally critical of refs, but I thought Madely was really poor yesterday.

Apart from the Wes Morgan block on Rondon, which he didn't even give as a foul, he should have punished Vardy for inciting the fans
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #265 on: March 11, 2018, 01:51:28 PM »
I'm glad you started this topic, I'm not normally critical of refs, but I thought Madely was really poor yesterday.

Apart from the Wes Morgan block on Rondon, which he didn't even give as a foul, he should have punished Vardy for inciting the fans

I too struggle to understand how that chavy rat Vardy (good player mind) was not booked for that. If you get a card for jumping into the crowd to celebrate or taking off your shirt then surely you should for goading the opposition fans.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #266 on: March 11, 2018, 02:00:23 PM »
We always give Vardy a load of stick so expect back as well!

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #267 on: March 11, 2018, 02:25:42 PM »
Did I see it wrong or did son of steptoe tell Madely  to F off after he spoke to him about his post goal antics.  If so then he should certainly have seen red. Or is it ok if you play for England and are not an Albion player.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #268 on: March 11, 2018, 02:49:37 PM »
I couldn't get to the match or even get DAB on the radio because I was in Lincoln, but I listened to 5 live updates and was happy when I heard Rondon scored. Every week I keep thinking surely...but then on hearing they equalised I had that oh too familiar feeling creep over me that it was going to end in tears. Again.

When I heard the final score I felt devastated. Total capitulation. It's just been an awful season all round. Fans who think it will be a case of getting relegated and promoted again straight away may need to reconsider their hopes for next season. We've been out of that league for 8 years or so. It has changed, it's a lot more competitive and there is a higher quality in general.

If we don't have fight in us, it doesn't matter what league we're in, we'll lose matches. Championship is way more physical than the PL.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #269 on: March 11, 2018, 02:52:28 PM »
Did I see it wrong or did son of steptoe tell Madely  to F off after he spoke to him about his post goal antics.  If so then he should certainly have seen red. Or is it ok if you play for England and are not an Albion player.

I said at the time it's always the big clubs that get the decisions in their favour  ;)
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #270 on: March 11, 2018, 03:04:23 PM »
Vardy didn’t do a lot wrong for me, he celebrated by pointing to himself and saying ‘it’s me again’. He then got dogs abuse and did the hand behind the ear gesture. If that’s inciting the crowd it says more about our fans than it does about him.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #271 on: March 11, 2018, 03:39:05 PM »
My concern too 17 , we don't have a midfield which can dominate games like we used to, we don't have prolific strikers and we don't have a solid defence . This squad needs at least five first team starters to make it look like a top six championship team. On top of it all, they're possibly the weakest squad mentally we've had since in the late 90s!!! I wouldn't trust Hammond to rebuild either - not after his recent work with Pardew and signings this season!

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #272 on: March 12, 2018, 05:31:42 AM »
I feel really low at the end of today.  Leicester are a team we have always been competitive against and today it could have been 1-6.  I had to endure Vardy goading us again and a management and team that really do not appear to have a clue or at the moment care very much either.  Even mercenaries tend to have some pride in doing a job.  Ours seemingly do not.  I am at the stage when my brain cannot do more football and I certainly cannot see it again on match of the day. I fear that we are not suddenly going to become a winning Championship team.  It is going to be tough next year as well.

I know exactly what you mean mate. It really sucks doesnt it, especially given the leicester players got their act together in a similar situation to us a few years back, but nah, not our lot. Relegation is not a nice feeling as we could well be stuck in the championship now and uncertainty is the biggest killer. One thing is for certain, SO much needs to change at the club if we are to compete in the premier league again.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #273 on: March 12, 2018, 08:05:15 AM »
We played well for about 10 minutes at the start , got the goal and then that was it.

I thought the midfield were dreadful, so many misplaced passes from everyone.

At first Burke did well out wide but after we scored he kept coming inside and often when we had possession in the centre of the park you could see Brunt and Krychowiak looking to play a ball out wide to him but he was nowhere to see seen.
On more than a couple of occasions both Brunt and Krychowiak played the ball anyway which was pointless and needlessly gave the ball to Leicester.
Someone should have told Burke, "stay out wide, you've got the beating of the defender (Simpson? Chilwell?) and as soon as we get possession in the middle get on your bike and we will find you with the ball".

Defensively we were a shambles, the worst I've seen Hegazi and Dawson play.

I still expect Pardew to be here until the end of the season though as it would be pointless to change now and unfair on any replacement to have relegation hung around their neck like a losers medal made of polished turd.

Great run and ball in from Burke and Rondon took the goal well.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 10:48:51 AM by Hull Baggie »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill