Author Topic: Caleb Taylor  (Read 9996 times)

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Caleb Taylor
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2024, 02:29:08 PM »
Apparently Bolton are trying to sign Caleb Taylor on loan.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2024, 02:30:44 PM »
Apparently Bolton are trying to sign Caleb Taylor on loan.

would be a good level for him to develop at. On balance I would let him go (on loan only)
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2024, 02:34:38 PM »
would be a good level for him to develop at. On balance I would let him go (on loan only)
No
For me he stays and plays
Sell or release Bartley & Pieters (and I like both) to free off the salary
Keep Semi,Kipre,Taylor and the lad from Villa …
Taylor doesn’t gain from going out now .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: Under 23's / Academy Thread
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2024, 02:55:35 PM »
Caleb Taylor to Bolton seems pointless

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2024, 02:56:47 PM »
No

I agree with this but Taylor won't start a game here this season IMO. CC prefers experience.

Don't forget we also have Kelly on the books still.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

Re: Re: Under 23's / Academy Thread
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2024, 02:59:08 PM »
Caleb Taylor to Bolton seems pointless

Another example of CC not trusting the youngsters. Fellows won't get many starts whilst Wallace is fit. Also is Mikey Johnston going to offer any more than Malcolm would?

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2024, 02:59:32 PM »
I agree with this but Taylor won't start a game here this season IMO. CC prefers experience.

Don't forget we also have Kelly on the books still.
Kelly is on the books …but 😀
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: Re: Under 23's / Academy Thread
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2024, 03:08:40 PM »
Another example of CC not trusting the youngsters. Fellows won't get many starts whilst Wallace is fit. Also is Mikey Johnston going to offer any more than Malcolm would?

Season wasted for the lad.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2024, 03:12:22 PM »
Not a bad move if he isn't going to break through and as everyone is fit it would seem unlikely. Does need game time.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2024, 03:16:26 PM »
No
You can only sell players if somebody wants to buy them !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2024, 03:32:26 PM »
Seems a sensible move, he will hopefully play reguarly at a team challenging for promotion and come back better preseason.

In an ideal world the older players would go but people have to want them and we arent in a position to pay them up, fortunately a few are out of contract in the summer.

We have a centre back overload, CC was happy for any of one Kipre, Ajayi or Bartley to go but nobody came in, and then Kipre and Bartley have gone on to form a good partnership, Taylor may get a few mins here and there but Ajayi and Pieters can do that role and let Taylor get regular game time.

Not sure its a youth or experience thing, current centre backs have played well and dont deserve to be dropped, let Taylor get mins elsewhere.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2024, 03:35:15 PM »
DONE DEAL VIA OS

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/caleb-taylor-joins-bolton-wanderers-loan

Waste of time. We know he stands out at that level. We needed to know if he can do it at the Champo level this season.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2024, 03:38:11 PM »
DONE DEAL VIA OS

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/caleb-taylor-joins-bolton-wanderers-loan

Waste of time. We know he stands out at that level. We needed to know if he can do it at the Champo level this season.
This has me more disappointed than the result on Sunday 🙄

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2024, 03:39:38 PM »
If he’s not going to play for us (and it’s highly unlikely until we lose a few CBs) then going and getting games is best for him. Hopefully he comes back ready to take up a spot in the first team squad next year when we’re likely to be without Bartley and possibly Kipre. All things considered a sensible move.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2024, 03:42:14 PM »
If he’s not going to play for us (and it’s highly unlikely until we lose a few CBs) then going and getting games is best for him. Hopefully he comes back ready to take up a spot in the first team squad next year when we’re likely to be without Bartley and possibly Kipre. All things considered a sensible move.

Makes the re-signing of Pieters even more ridiculous

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2024, 04:07:42 PM »
Good experience for him I think. Top end of the table and hopefully some  decent game time alongside Santos but also in a team that play passing football and move it out from the back. If Ashworth doesn’t go permanently then they’ll get experience together. I don’t mind it - of course I would much rather we didn’t re-sign Pieters back in summer but if somebody is going to get 10 mins ish off the bench for us now and then I’d rather it’s the experienced one at the end of his career than the young lad that needs full games to develop.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2024, 04:28:10 PM »
Yes, a decent move for the player and the club I think. We will need him next season for sure but dont particularly need him now given the excellent form of the current 2 in the side.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2024, 04:30:56 PM »
With Pieters, Kelly, Bartley and Kipre out of contract in the summer I expect Taylor will be in the first 11 next season (if we don’t get promoted).

The club must be fairly confident of bringing Chambers in, which will improve the first 11. Something Caleb can’t do at this moment in time so sending him on loan until the summer makes sense.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2024, 04:31:27 PM »
I don't think that CC had any intention of picking him regardless. He really should have gone out last summer ideally to a lower Champ side.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2024, 04:35:10 PM »
He needs to play but we also need him to sign a new contract. I can see him doing really well if he goes on loan and in the summer I think he only has 12 months remaining. Would love us to be braver and play him. I think it’s worth the risk

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2024, 04:35:55 PM »
I don't think that CC had any intention of wetting him regardless. He really should have gone out last summer ideally to a lower Champ side.

Yep, we have the same CBs now as we do at the start of the summer. If he was going to go out and play at a level he's already succeeded at it should have been then. Joining a 'better' team at that level just makes things even easier for him.

CC said he's good in a 2 but doesn't know how to play in a 3, looking at their last few games it does look like they play in a 3 at the back at least.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2024, 04:39:26 PM »
He needs to play but we also need him to sign a new contract. I can see him doing really well if he goes on loan and in the summer I think he only has 12 months remaining. Would love us to be braver and play him. I think it’s worth the risk

Aye, we need to know if he can hack it or not, to sell him or sign him rather than let another walk for free.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2024, 04:43:05 PM »
Yep, we have the same CBs now as we do at the start of the summer. If he was going to go out and play at a level he's already succeeded at it should have been then. Joining a 'better' team at that level just makes things even easier for him.

CC said he's good in a 2 but doesn't know how to play in a 3, looking at their last few games it does look like they play in a 3 at the back at least.

Played in the centre of a 3 at Cheltenham.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2024, 04:43:20 PM »
Played in the centre of a 3 at Cheltenham.

CC told us porkies :(

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2024, 05:22:04 PM »
Really good move for him IF he plays every week. I expect a new deal will be coming up soon or why develop him any further by send him on loan, his wages would be small so no reason there to save money by sending him out. CC hasnt given him any real chance unfortunately.
Gera, Gera, Gera