Author Topic: Slaven Bilic  (Read 670593 times)

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Slaven Bilic
« Reply #3175 on: November 29, 2020, 06:31:14 PM »
Not sure what you want. Chances of us steamrollering any side is unlikely at this level, certainly  right now as we try to re-establish ourselves. I'd take a few more wins like that. Great win in the circumstances, with the pressure that was on both sides.

If we can play the Blades at home every week maybe we’d get a few more wins this season.

Last nights game was a much needed win for Bilic, if anything. A great win on the other hand would have seen us beat the team at the bottom of the league comfortably without hanging on by the skin of our teeth for large periods.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3176 on: November 29, 2020, 06:38:19 PM »
If we can play the Blades at home every week maybe we’d get a few more wins this season.

Last nights game was a much needed win for Bilic, if anything. A great win on the other hand would have seen us beat the team at the bottom of the league comfortably without hanging on by the skin of our teeth for large periods.

Nobody is taken in by this negative drivel. Only Chelsea have hammered Sheff Utd this season. Man City only beat them by a single goal. Just goes to show how agenda driven your posts are. We are all delighted by the win yesterday.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3177 on: November 29, 2020, 07:38:00 PM »
Well, I for one am shocked, absolutely shocked, that you think last night was anything but a very, very lucky win for us...
A bit lucky maybe, but I think it is to easy to focus too much on the hairy last 20 mins, there were periods when we were very much on top.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3178 on: November 29, 2020, 07:53:48 PM »
I don't understand why Slaven keeps making these pre-determined subs around 65mins.  Robson-Kanu offers virtually nothing.  I think Edwards would be a better option than an over the hill Phillips.

I think we almost need 5 in Defence and also 5 in Midfield!!!  Bartley and Ivanovic are slow and need the assurance of a quick Ajayi.  Despite Gallagher we are still too slow with either Sawyers or Livermore.

Concerned about Grant, he looks poor and lacks confidence.  I would drop him and go with a False 9.  It needs to be all hands on deck to protect the defence.

We are going in the right direction with the ratio of goals conceded per match coming down.

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3179 on: November 29, 2020, 08:01:35 PM »
We were more than a bit lucky last night.

Let’s see how our luck fares against the Eagles and Magpies.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3180 on: November 29, 2020, 08:11:10 PM »
We were more than a bit lucky last night.

Let’s see how our luck fares against the Eagles and Magpies.
Do you mean this is one for the birds?Throstles, eagles and magpies.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3181 on: November 29, 2020, 08:48:13 PM »
I don't understand why Slaven keeps making these pre-determined subs around 65mins.  Robson-Kanu offers virtually nothing.  I think Edwards would be a better option than an over the hill Phillips.

I think we almost need 5 in Defence and also 5 in Midfield!!!  Bartley and Ivanovic are slow and need the assurance of a quick Ajayi.  Despite Gallagher we are still too slow with either Sawyers or Livermore.

Concerned about Grant, he looks poor and lacks confidence.  I would drop him and go with a False 9.  It needs to be all hands on deck to protect the defence.

We are going in the right direction with the ratio of goals conceded per match coming down.
Or just leave a striker on?? Have we had a game where whoever started up front has actually completed 90 mins.
Its like a rule that the striker must be subbed.

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3182 on: November 29, 2020, 09:10:28 PM »
Do you mean this is one for the birds?Throstles, eagles and magpies.

Ah, like what you did there Droitwich 👍🏻

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3183 on: December 06, 2020, 01:52:28 PM »
Bilic made a strange decision at half time with introduction of Krovinovic for Diangana, when an extra defender would have been an obvious call. Thought we coped well after joke of a card till half time but his change gave us no outlet.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3184 on: December 06, 2020, 01:55:46 PM »
Bilic made a strange decision at half time with introduction of Krovinovic for Diangana, when an extra defender would have been an obvious call. Thought we coped well after joke of a card till half time but his change gave us no outlet.

Personally I understood the decision. It didn’t work. We already had a back 5 in effect and it was 1-1 so to add another defender would have been strange.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3185 on: December 06, 2020, 01:58:19 PM »
Bilic made a strange decision at half time with introduction of Krovinovic for Diangana, when an extra defender would have been an obvious call. Thought we coped well after joke of a card till half tim5e but his change gave us no outlet.
We played the remainder of the first half with 10 men quite well , we offered a threat .
All Bilic did was sit them back and invite 5 quality players to camp around our area.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3186 on: December 06, 2020, 02:00:37 PM »
No problem with the sub at half time, however the reaction of the team after their second and third is disgusting. He’s got to go for me, played well against Man U and Spurs but sheff u game should have been a similar score line to today as well.

We don’t seem able to get up for the games against teams around us which is worrying. Our form in 2020 has been awful including in the championship.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3187 on: December 06, 2020, 02:00:50 PM »
Goti t wrong again from HT onwards. As stated we were doing well until then.

Team lacks discipline, their 3rd goal was embarassing to watch. Nearly everyone is mentally weak and gives up at the first chance.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3188 on: December 06, 2020, 02:05:48 PM »
No problem with the sub at half time, however the reaction of the team after their second and third is disgusting. He’s got to go for me, played well against Man U and Spurs but sheff u game should have been a similar score line to today as well.

We don’t seem able to get up for the games against teams around us which is worrying. Our form in 2020 has been awful including in the championship.

We weren’t actually good against United or Spurs. On both occasions the team we played were poor but still we barely laid a glove. The controversy’s in the United game cloud the opinion because we should have had a penalty. If that had been given we may have got a point or even won, but it is possible to not play well and win.

I don’t think he will be sacked after this. In some ways the recent controversies help him because it gives his supporters something to cling too. Newcastle next week could be the end of the line though.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3189 on: December 06, 2020, 02:08:11 PM »
I can't see them sacking him, it would cost money we don't have. Both parties will just wish each other well at the end of the season and walk away. The relationship is virtually non-existant as well so should NOT be continued.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3190 on: December 06, 2020, 02:12:39 PM »
Personally I understood the decision. It didn’t work. We already had a back 5 in effect and it was 1-1 so to add another defender would have been strange.
can you explain it too me because I'm baffled with it? Hold what you have when down to ten frustrate opposition

P Anderson

• Site Donator
  • Junior Baggie

« Reply #3191 on: December 06, 2020, 02:16:20 PM »
How do you raise a team that are constantly getting done by poor refs, week in week out? The players gave a good account of themselves, playing against a superior team, in a superior league, and crooked officials. I still have a lot of time for Bilic.

Submariners go deeper

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3192 on: December 06, 2020, 02:20:00 PM »
How do you raise a team that are constantly getting done by poor refs, week in week out? The players gave a good account of themselves, playing against a superior team, in a superior league, and crooked officials. I still have a lot of time for Bilic.
thought they gave up after second goal to be honest but weren't helped by coach with half time change.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3193 on: December 06, 2020, 02:32:35 PM »
I know a lot of people don't buy into analytics with their xG and xS and xP stats, but enough top sides are now buying into it so it must be on to something. According to these metrics, we are comfortably the worst performing side in the division. We have some good attacking players, but no defensive structure, concede far too many chances and don't have a cohesive attacking shape either.

We like Bilic's passion, he is a good talker and a decent motivator. He isn't a good enough club football coach, not in the modern game. Our best hope of keeping this very limited side up is with a different manager.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 02:52:35 PM by Baggies »
Boing Boing

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3194 on: December 06, 2020, 02:38:30 PM »
can you explain it too me because I'm baffled with it? Hold what you have when down to ten frustrate opposition

6 at the back would have been over kill and asking for it.  5 at the back and an extra midfielder to keep the ball made more sense. It didn’t work, but we were still in essence going to try to hold what we have and frustrate. 

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3195 on: December 06, 2020, 02:42:01 PM »
He’s gorra gew Tom.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3196 on: December 06, 2020, 02:46:29 PM »
I don’t think Bilic can survive that second half.  That was worrying.

They have given up and waived the white flag - how can you possibly continue with the head coach after that? It’s merely delaying the inevitable.

This side do not know how to defend - they do not know whether to sit deep or press. The space between our lines is not closed down well enough. The midfield do not offer any protection to the back three. We are so easy to play through and that’s why we concede so many chances.

If you feel subject to an injustice then your personal instincts of digging in, making yourself bloody hard to beat should come to the fore. Instead, we waived the white flag and suffered a hammering.

That is the lowest point.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3197 on: December 06, 2020, 02:47:13 PM »
I know a lot of people don't buy into analytics with their xG and xS and xP stats, but enough top sides are now buying into it so it must be on to something. According to these metrics, we are comfortably the worst performing side in the division. We have some good attacking players, but no defensive structure, concede far too many chances and don't have a cohesive attacking shape either.

We like Bilic's passion, he is a good talker and a decent motivator. He isn't a goof enough club football coach, not in the modern game. Our best hope of keeping this very limited side up is with a different manager.

Before the game he said we need to be solid and compact as we have been the last few weeks , well Sheffield could have scored four and palace have scored 5 . It is possible to make things difficult with 10 men but the second half was a training exercise for Palace . We gave up and that is unforgivable.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3198 on: December 06, 2020, 02:47:53 PM »
Bilic needs to go, bloke has got no fight in him just like his team. Pathetic post match interview with regards to red card, SLAVEN NOT A RED CARD IN A MILLION YEARS.

mig

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3199 on: December 06, 2020, 02:48:08 PM »

Agree with this - other criticisms can be levelled at him for sure but I think it's too early to say he has lost the players, when actually dealing with every decision going against us week after week must be incredibly disheartening for them as it is for us.