Author Topic: 1 Oct 2016 Sunderland 1 Albion 1  (Read 43734 times)

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #225 on: October 02, 2016, 01:40:30 PM »
I felt with 70 minutes gone. Rondon was looking leggy and we really needed to bring on a Anichebe type of player.

A fresh pair of legs who could hold the ball up for a decent spell while our tiring midfield could pushed up in support, while still hassling the very fragile Sunderland defence at every given opportunity.

Unfortunetly there is nobody like that in our squad anymore so Rondon had to play another 90 minutes.

I really hope this is something we address in January

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #226 on: October 02, 2016, 09:49:47 PM »
I relied on wm radio and Charlie Nicholas on sky sports for match up dates,both programmes said that the sunderland left back was a centre half on loan who looked well out of sorts and should have been targeted so what does pulis do puts gardner on and leaves leko on the bench,previously away at stoke when we were losing he bought Morrison on to push forward and it worked I believe we have the personel to attack the weaker teams and we are currently dropping points by not doing so

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #227 on: October 02, 2016, 10:35:05 PM »
I relied on wm radio and Charlie Nicholas on sky sports for match up dates,both programmes said that the sunderland left back was a centre half on loan who looked well out of sorts and should have been targeted so what does pulis do puts gardner on and leaves leko on the bench,previously away at stoke when we were losing he bought Morrison on to push forward and it worked I believe we have the personel to attack the weaker teams and we are currently dropping points by not doing so
I'm relying on the sky 30 minute highlights, but Phillips and Dawson did have some joy down the right. Phillips' work led to 3 or 4 chances for others....and he did have the assist for Chadli's goal, though Chadli had plenty to do to finish it. We did have 17 shots with 7 on target compared to Sunderland's 7 shots with 2 on target.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #228 on: October 03, 2016, 08:14:15 AM »
Only going off BBC Final Score programme and MOTD but we seemed to be the better side, stats appear to bear that out to: more shots; more on target.

What did annoy me about their goal was that it is the 2nd time in 2 weeks that a player has been allowed to run unchecked into the box and score. Phillips should have stayed with him or at least given someone a shout to alert them to van Aanholt's presence.

With better anticipation Rondon would have put McCleans first half cross/shot into the net and Rondon(?) or Gardner would have put Chadlis late effort in to, also their keeper made 3 really good saves.

Feels like 2 points dropped but a point away is okay.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #229 on: October 03, 2016, 11:23:54 AM »
I do think Gardner receives some unfair stick at times - his set piece delivery is very good and we have to remember that he is not a winger so is being played out of position a fair bit.

That being said, he was the wrong sub to bring on. Leko or Morrison would have been better choices and his pass to give the ball away before their goal was plain stupid.