Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 718392 times)

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #1675 on: April 15, 2019, 03:13:40 PM »
I'd rather have had Bob Ross. At least he could have painted a less bleak picture lol
I'd rather Diana Ross if it's a choice. 😀

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1676 on: April 15, 2019, 03:19:50 PM »
so our choices are Dross or Bros ?   Only at the Albion !

I thought Dross had enough chances previously  ! ;D
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1677 on: April 15, 2019, 03:43:50 PM »
Alan Nixon on twitter is stating that Jokanovic is too expensive - as was Moyes. Then goes on to say the board need to need to 'get real' after not being able to tempt Neil here.

Maybe that will put to bed any hope of us getting in the ex Fulham boss anytime soon.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 03:58:27 PM by Mister AT »

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1678 on: April 15, 2019, 03:54:26 PM »
Alan Nixon on twitter is stating that Jokanovic is too expensive - as it Moyes. Then goes on to say the board need to need to 'get real' after not being able to tempt Neil here.

Maybe that will put to bed any hope of us getting in the ex Fulham boss anytime soon.

Jesus, we are in a parlous state then.

Shan till its too late
We're in a state
With our heads hanging down
Tony Pulis balked, Alan pardew walked
And Darren Moore fell down.......

Sorry  ::)

https://www.google.com/search?q=chantilly+lace+song&oq=chantilly+lace&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0l5.6382j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1679 on: April 15, 2019, 04:09:52 PM »
We are DOOMED with the present owner. Get out Lai. No-one wants you.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1680 on: April 15, 2019, 04:23:42 PM »
Jenkins too. We need strategy not (just) financial management - his specialty.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1681 on: April 15, 2019, 04:31:37 PM »
If  we are looking at that kind of appointment then we should be seriously looking at someone like Mark Robins way ahead of the Sunderland bloke !!!
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1682 on: April 15, 2019, 04:42:52 PM »
If  we are looking at that kind of appointment then we should be seriously looking at someone like Mark Robins way ahead of the Sunderland bloke !!!

Saved SAF job, who knows, he might just save Jenkins’s. Poor attempt at irony :D ;D :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1683 on: April 15, 2019, 05:02:37 PM »
As I said at the time of DM's appointment, I think there was a degree of cynicism from the owners.  In appointing DM, if he succeeded, everyone was happy, if he didn't then the owners could blame him for the failure.  All the time not having to invest in a more experienced Manager.  As we head to the play-offs I cannot see any appetite to do more.  Meanwhile we understand from the E&S that Wolves are about to spend £40m on their next acquisition.  Even Villa have more ambition than we do.  We are in the play-offs for goodness sake, but we are still relying on our youth manager to run the first team.  This is madness.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1684 on: April 15, 2019, 05:09:18 PM »
Alan Nixon on twitter is stating that Jokanovic is too expensive - as was Moyes. Then goes on to say the board need to need to 'get real' after not being able to tempt Neil here.

If you look at the tweet again, it's Nixon's opinion. he has no more idea on what's going on than anyone else.

Paying out the Pulis & Pardew contracts cost us an absolute fortune, I think I'd be a bit cautious before committing us to high value contracts again.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

baggie steve

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1685 on: April 15, 2019, 05:16:21 PM »

Wouldn't cost a fortune and he's done a good job with no funds for Coventry , always cones across very well when interviewed , destined for bigger and better than Coventry ..... Would sooner see us go for him than any of the merry go round type

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1686 on: April 15, 2019, 05:40:00 PM »
If you look at the tweet again, it's Nixon's opinion. he has no more idea on what's going on than anyone else.

Paying out the Pulis & Pardew contracts cost us an absolute fortune, I think I'd be a bit cautious before committing us to high value contracts again.

Pardews appointment is more baffling the longer you think about it. At least he and his mate Nicky Hammond got a good pay off for failing...

superkev

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1687 on: April 15, 2019, 05:46:49 PM »
if we are aiming low what about Paul Cook at wigwam, they play good football and fight for the manager
"

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1688 on: April 15, 2019, 06:54:31 PM »
It’s crazy that a club of our stature is supposedly looking in the bargain basement for a new manager. I hope these rumours are unfounded. If we are to attract quality yet unproven young players that won’t cost the earth we need a top class manager even if it means we pay more than we have done in the past.

mr multivac

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1689 on: April 15, 2019, 08:51:59 PM »
Surely a manager who is out of work and who wants to work would be better off coming to us for whatever is on the table than doing nothing for no pay , if they’re successful then if successful next contract would mean more money or at least makes them more
attractive to other clubs to come in with offers of more money

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1690 on: April 15, 2019, 08:55:04 PM »
Birmingham Live now understands that Jack Ross, the Scot, named PFA Scotland Manager of the Year after guiding St Mirren to the Scottish Championship title in 2018, and current Sunderland boss is not on Albion’s radar.

Phew!!
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1691 on: April 15, 2019, 09:08:11 PM »
Great news

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1692 on: April 15, 2019, 10:06:14 PM »
Albions radar??? Albion do not have a radar.

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1693 on: April 16, 2019, 01:55:53 AM »
We are DOOMED with the present owner. Get out Lai. No-one wants you.
I wouldn't be upset with a new owner but I'd just like to point out a small fact about Albion.
We are only 7 games away from a place back in the Premiership.  I have given up caring who manages us as at this late stage I'm not sure they'd have any impact on the team anyway.
We're stuck with what we have and need to make the most of it. Lets just get behind the team, Shan and the tea lady and help them get over the line in 7 games.

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1694 on: April 16, 2019, 08:12:23 AM »
Albions radar??? Albion do not have a radar.

is it cause we can't afford one ?

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1695 on: April 16, 2019, 08:39:23 AM »
I wouldn't be upset with a new owner but I'd just like to point out a small fact about Albion.
We are only 7 games away from a place back in the Premiership.  I have given up caring who manages us as at this late stage I'm not sure they'd have any impact on the team anyway.
We're stuck with what we have and need to make the most of it. Lets just get behind the team, Shan and the tea lady and help them get over the line in 7 games.
This is my point, we have a really good chance of promotion and we're in disarray as a fanbase. It's not the right time for it! If we fail to get promoted i can understand that, but out of the three relegated teams we've given it the best shot, and we just need to focus on getting to wembley now. Screw the mentality about playing villa in their form if we come up against them, its the playoffs, anything can happen.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1696 on: April 16, 2019, 08:41:55 AM »

Absolutely correct, we probably only need to win two more games to return to the top flight
Baggie in Southampton

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1697 on: April 16, 2019, 08:54:08 AM »
Absolutely correct, we probably only need to win two more games to return to the top flight

Provided it's the last two games

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1698 on: April 16, 2019, 08:56:05 AM »
Surely a manager who is out of work and who wants to work would be better off coming to us for whatever is on the table than doing nothing for no pay , if they’re successful then if successful next contract would mean more money or at least makes them more
attractive to other clubs to come in with offers of more money

I'd be really disappointed, if the approach is this scattergun.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1699 on: April 16, 2019, 10:12:51 AM »
From the Birmingham Mail Online

West Bromwich Albion are finally set to clarify the club’s mystifying managerial situation in the next 24 hours.

Jimmy Shan has been in caretaker charge since Darren Moore was unexpectedly sacked, with the Baggies fourth in the table, on March 9.

Albion were strongly expected to make a play this week for Alex Neil, who took his Preston side to The Hawthorns on Saturday.

But the 37-year-old moved to rebuff a potential approach by signing a new three-year deal on Sunday.

Retaining Shan as interim boss for the rest of the season looks the most likely option for chief executive Mark Jenkins and technical director Luke Dowling, who are chiefly responsible for recruiting a successor to Moore.

I can see Brunty and Morrison taking on roles as Player / First Team Coach
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部