Author Topic: 6 Mar 2024 Queens Park Rangers 2 Albion 2  (Read 9994 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2024, 08:33:17 AM »
Pretty strong bench for us.

It is.

Disappointing to see Diangana keep his place, but hopefully he repays the faith from CC and actually does something for us for once

Any chance of the Lottery numbers please lads? If they come in £37 for a game that's on TV during the week wouldn't seem remotely unpalatable and even a tenner would take some of the edge off ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2024, 10:16:32 AM »
Any chance of the Lottery numbers please lads? If they come in £37 for a game that's on TV during the week wouldn't seem remotely unpalatable and even a tenner would take some of the edge off ;D .

Sorry to butt in here but this maybe my fault. I posted in here it's the same xi as last time I think when it was meant to go into the Cov game pre match chat,not this here QPR pre.match chat.

I then deleted my comment from here but FP has already quoted me so apologies to FP for making him look psychic

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2024, 12:11:44 PM »
There are no easy game especially this time of year with teams near the bottom fighting for their lives this one will be no exception with QPR picking up in recent weeks.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2024, 09:06:46 PM »
I saw Chair scored today. I read in the papers he was jailed, what happened?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2024, 09:54:46 PM »
I saw Chair scored today. I read in the papers he was jailed, what happened?

By the sounds of it they don't really do jail in Belgium although according to recent changes they should

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2024, 08:41:25 AM »
I still remember that 67 Wembley final i was 15 years old and i wore a huge blue & white baggies rossette proudly pinned on my coat that was the first and only time i actually cried at a football match, we will always owe QPR for stealing that game, just thinking about it when did that fashion for wearing risettes finish? Anyone know? 0-2 baggies

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2024, 10:35:54 AM »
QPR have won three on the bounce and they are fighting hard to avoid relegation. Their tails are up. This is a huge banana skin if ever there was one.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2024, 12:21:14 PM »
Anyone know the difference between upper tier gold and silver apart from fact silver is 31 quid and gold is 37?

buzzingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2024, 12:29:24 PM »
QPR have won three on the bounce and they are fighting hard to avoid relegation. Their tails are up. This is a huge banana skin if ever there was one.

I'd happily take a draw providing we win at Huddersfield, or vice versa...

We're picking up away too, important not to lose to keep momentum going away.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2024, 12:40:02 PM »
QPR are the 2nd worst home team in the league according to some statto on twitter

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2024, 01:23:22 PM »
QPR are the 2nd worst home team in the league according to some statto on twitter

That may be the case but the encumbrance that was Gareth Ainsworth has left the building. Unfortunately. Without knowing the bloke personally his only likeable trait for me was being a woeful manager for QPbloodyR.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2024, 02:02:24 PM »
That may be the case but the encumbrance that was Gareth Ainsworth has left the building. Unfortunately. Without knowing the bloke personally his only likeable trait for me was being a woeful manager for QPbloodyR.

Agree he was a large part of their downfall. Shame he's not there tomorrow

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2024, 06:00:23 PM »
Is that lipstick genitalia Marsh still kicking
Hope we beat them for his discourteous comments about us

zac

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2024, 07:48:43 PM »
I know it might be a bit harsh but i would bring Bartley back in on Wednesday. We looked a lot more calm with him on the pitch at the end of the Coventry game and his leadership was key.
Smethwick..

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2024, 07:24:59 AM »
no doubt they will be on a high after beating Leicester, a point will be a good result here on their tight pitch compact stadium
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 07:44:08 AM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2024, 12:17:11 PM »
Over the last 6 games QPR have won 4 drawn 1 and lost 1 which means they’ve taken more points than us over that period.  Over the last 10 matches we’ve both got 17 points.

I didn’t realise how buried they must have seemed considering they are still only on the same points as 21st. Their new manager is doing a good job and this now looks like quite a tough game. 

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2024, 01:18:00 PM »
Over the last 6 games QPR have won 4 drawn 1 and lost 1 which means they’ve taken more points than us over that period.  Over the last 10 matches we’ve both got 17 points.

I didn’t realise how buried they must have seemed considering they are still only on the same points as 21st. Their new manager is doing a good job and this now looks like quite a tough game.

agree, take a point here at the moment.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2024, 04:44:42 PM »

Their recent run is as impressive as Leicester's has been unexpectedly poor.

You cannot predict the twists and turns of this league.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2024, 01:21:07 PM »
This post is positively dripping with double entendre. Could I have let it pass without comment? Yes. Was that likely? Not really  ;D .

I do admire a man with self control  ;)
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Aussie Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2024, 10:58:53 PM »
I almost want to disregard QPRs good form and ask the simple question - are we better than them on paper?

Despite their great results of the past few games, do we have the better players to win?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2024, 08:06:35 AM »
I almost want to disregard QPRs good form and ask the simple question - are we better than them on paper?

Despite their great results of the past few games, do we have the better players to win?

For me form or momentum is more important than having supposedly better players.

Yes we have a better squad but we have seen over the years that it matters very little.

Leeds have a better squad than us yet we've taken 4 out of 6 points from them. We have a better squad than Huddersfield yet lost at home to them.

When were were in the Pl we regularly beat the big teams with better squads.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BagAlbion123

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2024, 10:30:34 AM »
5 wins and maybe a couple draws just to be sure out the last 11 should be enough to secure a po spot, if we can get these back to back away wins we're almost halfway there!

But yeah these won't be easy at all but going for a 2-1 Albion win, coyb!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2024, 12:41:49 PM »
Tickets on sale until 1pm the website says. Already down by midday in reality. Even though Lai is gone his legacy of incompetency lingers.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2024, 04:52:43 PM »
Saint's game against Preston today has been called off due to a big fire next to the ground and is going to throw a spanner into the various points calculations until they pull back the game in hand it gives them
I'm thinking more about the points difference with Preston than the 11 points Southampton have on us
COYB
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2024, 05:01:40 PM »
Corberan has said that Townsend and Assante will be out. He mentioned Pieters/Pipa/Reach as replacements for Townsend.