Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1131906 times)

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #2550 on: September 22, 2017, 08:31:16 PM »
[quote author=Adder link=topic=16860.msg561613#msg561613 date=1506088977

Rondon has scored very few set piece goals.

Our corners are thought out and deliberate. Rondon often attracts a key marker from the opposition and if you watch our set pieces, he is often a diversion or a blocker rather than the target of the cross. He has scored a few from wide free kicks for us, probably when he is free to make his own movement unlike corners. That's not a criticism of Pulis as our set-pieces are generally effective over the course of the season.
Exactly, they are thought out and there's lots going on but the 3 CBs are the prime targets - I'm not criticising Rondon for that.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2551 on: September 25, 2017, 09:18:12 AM »
Hope he starts tonight. Our best striker.
the regime don't like it man

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2552 on: September 25, 2017, 04:03:22 PM »
Hope he starts tonight. Our best striker.
ai hope he don't! If he does it will just be hoof ball and we will continually be under the cosh as usual.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2553 on: September 25, 2017, 04:24:18 PM »
ai hope he don't! If he does it will just be hoof ball and we will continually be under the cosh as usual.

I don't think that will be anything to do with Rondon being up front

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2554 on: September 25, 2017, 04:25:12 PM »

lol it's ALWAYS hoof ball regardless of who starts up front

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2555 on: September 25, 2017, 05:16:36 PM »
it wasn't hoofball second half against city, it was quite enjoyable and would love us to play that way more often. we used the width of the pitch with a good degree of success and the pole ran the midfield. grates with me why we don't play that way more often instead of sitting back and inviting teams onto us.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2556 on: September 25, 2017, 05:16:55 PM »
lol it's ALWAYS hoof ball regardless of who starts up front
who's faults that then??

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2557 on: September 25, 2017, 05:58:10 PM »
it wasn't hoofball second half against city, it was quite enjoyable and would love us to play that way more often. we used the width of the pitch with a good degree of success and the pole ran the midfield. grates with me why we don't play that way more often instead of sitting back and inviting teams onto us.

I'd love to see a performance like that out of the gate even if you can't keep it up for 90 minutes. Can't remember the last time I saw that. Maybe the season opener.

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2558 on: September 25, 2017, 09:19:40 PM »
Anybody seriously think HRK is a better option than Rondon needs to give their head a wobble. Absolutely dreadful.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2559 on: September 25, 2017, 09:52:00 PM »
Nondon strikes again. Will he score before fat boy at stoke I wonder . HRK always a better bet
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2560 on: September 25, 2017, 09:53:41 PM »
If he played in the first half when we created chances I am positive he would have scored.
the regime don't like it man

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2561 on: September 25, 2017, 09:56:33 PM »
Anybody seriously think HRK is a better option than Rondon needs to give their head a wobble. Absolutely dreadful.

There both dreadful not much between them.

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2562 on: September 25, 2017, 09:57:43 PM »
whipping boy status CONFIRMED. Played the final 30 minutes in a game in which we only showed up in the first half but right after the game the criticism comes to him. Unreal.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2563 on: September 25, 2017, 10:05:14 PM »
When was the last time he scored, so he should be the whipping boy. Like somebody said he can't be arsed

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2564 on: September 25, 2017, 10:11:48 PM »
As a Rondon fan I have to say he looked totally half arsed for his 30 odd mins tonight , really poor.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2565 on: September 25, 2017, 10:13:40 PM »
As a Rondon fan I have to say he looked totally half arsed for his 30 odd mins tonight , really poor.

You would if HRK started in front of you. Watch it back, you'll see Rondon holding it up much better than HRK and rarely did he actually do anything that warranted negative reactions.

As for the selection, tactics and gameplay as a whole, I will post in the Pulis thread.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2566 on: September 25, 2017, 10:16:33 PM »
You would if HRK started in front of you. Watch it back, you'll see Rondon holding it up much better than HRK and rarely did he actually do anything that warranted negative reactions.

As for the selection, tactics and gameplay as a whole, I will post in the Pulis thread.
Cobblers mate , I looked at the clock when he came on. 30 mins to show us something , get on the ball whatever.
Doesn't matter whose in front of him , he should be busting a gut to get that shirt back. As I say , I'm a fan but he looks well off it.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2567 on: September 26, 2017, 03:17:09 PM »
When was the last time he scored, so he should be the whipping boy. Like somebody said he can't be arsed

1st half last night we created enough QUALITY balls into the box to have scored 3-4 goals 
its been many a moon since we created more than 1 in the whole of any game or played two up front.
Rondon ant for you & thats fair play & if he missed has many chances has some did last night i'd be starting to be thinking along the same lines myself.
If Chadli isn't in TP future game plan he needs to be replaced along with a upgrade for Morrisson
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 03:18:43 PM by geoff »

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2568 on: September 26, 2017, 04:50:55 PM »
thought we suffered when both Morrison and Rondon came on, not as effective as HRK and Jrod up front, I like Rondon but we are getting nothing from him.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2569 on: September 26, 2017, 07:36:08 PM »
thought we suffered when both Morrison and Rondon came on, not as effective as HRK and Jrod up front, I like Rondon but we are getting nothing from him.

We suffered from the whistle that started the 2nd half full stop rubbish is too kind a word. Can you or any other fan remember any clear chance that Rondon missed

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2570 on: September 27, 2017, 01:34:31 PM »
For all his workrate, he just doesn't have enough quality in front of goal. If someone were to have a statistic on his chances to goals ratio, it would be dismal. I think he's out of his depth at this level. HRK has a slightly different style, and we can interchange between the two of them during matches, but ultimately we need someone more clinical in front of goal. 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 01:38:24 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2571 on: September 27, 2017, 01:52:04 PM »
J-Rod caused problems and could have scored two in the first half, whereas Rondon never has any movement or anticipation to pose a threat and when the balls finds him (rather than him finding the ball) his touch, awareness and basic ability is awful. He spends more time looking lost and falling over at the slightest contact than anything else. He is just not good enough and has been found out. He ran out of excuses a long time ago.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2572 on: September 27, 2017, 02:14:47 PM »
He seems a nice enough bloke, but we need someone with a bit more guile up front.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2573 on: September 27, 2017, 02:49:27 PM »
J-Rod caused problems and could have scored two in the first half, whereas Rondon never has any movement or anticipation to pose a threat and when the balls finds him (rather than him finding the ball) his touch, awareness and basic ability is awful. He spends more time looking lost and falling over at the slightest contact than anything else. He is just not good enough and has been found out. He ran out of excuses a long time ago.

spot on with your assesment, last chance saloon with me when he started chucking the shirt

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2574 on: September 27, 2017, 05:39:09 PM »
It's all gone a bit Anichebe, hasn't it?