Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1131898 times)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #2375 on: August 31, 2017, 08:12:53 AM »
He is getting fed, but usually with long 30 metre plus 'passes' with nobody nearby to help him. I fear, you would get the same problem with virtually any other player playing in a loan role up front in the Pulis system. However, when he has had clear chances, he has not been very prolific or clinical. I reckon his shots to target ratio must be quite low. His link up play along the ground is not that great. He is one player we should be prepared to offload if the right offer came in.

It was something like 8.3%, the lowest in the league.  this has always been my issue with Rondon he is far too wasteful. Take Sunday for example and the chance he had at the end, I know he was stretching for it but it went out for a throw in!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2376 on: August 31, 2017, 08:51:40 AM »
If JRod gets injured and given his record it's probable, we will definitely need Solomon to think we will not is daft
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2377 on: August 31, 2017, 09:28:13 AM »
It was something like 8.3%, the lowest in the league.  this has always been my issue with Rondon he is far too wasteful. Take Sunday for example and the chance he had at the end, I know he was stretching for it but it went out for a throw in!
I've been a big supporter of his but I have to admit, i think he's shot (no pun intended). He just doesn't seem right and looks depressed half the time. Think his head's gone.
Reminds me a bit of Koumas towards the end where we all hoped and prayed that he would sort himself out and come good again but it never happened.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2378 on: August 31, 2017, 11:28:00 AM »
I've been a big supporter of his but I have to admit, i think he's shot (no pun intended). He just doesn't seem right and looks depressed half the time. Think his head's gone.
Reminds me a bit of Koumas towards the end where we all hoped and prayed that he would sort himself out and come good again but it never happened.

I digress but Koumas was man of the match in his last game for us (Wembley) and superb all that season under Mowbray.

I think it's only a section of our fans who don't rate Rondon. He's got a difficult task the way we play and never shirks responsibility. Still our best striker.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

bry

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2379 on: August 31, 2017, 11:34:02 AM »

I digress but Koumas was man of the match in his last game for us (Wembley) and superb all that season under Mowbray.

I think it's only a section of our fans who don't rate Rondon. He's got a difficult task the way we play and never shirks responsibility. Still our best striker.
He might be our best striker but is he a good enough striker. I think JRod will always score more goals than him, we can debate if he is a striker or a forward.

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2380 on: August 31, 2017, 12:10:48 PM »
He might be our best striker but is he a good enough striker. I think JRod will always score more goals than him, we can debate if he is a striker or a forward.

In my opinion yes.

Being the most defensive team in the division has to mean our style of football over-values the genuine ability of our defenders and subsequently undervalues the genuine ability of our strikers/forwards

To what extent though is up for debate

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2381 on: August 31, 2017, 12:22:44 PM »
Personally I still don't think we play to his strengths. For me he would greatly benefit by having balls supplied to him on the ground, not ones that he has to pick out of the stratosphere... I do like him but his lack of goals is becoming a worry and I sometimes think that he is not picking the best positions. Would like to see JRod at 9 to see if it makes a difference..... I have a sneaky suspicion that it would....
MAGA!

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2382 on: August 31, 2017, 12:23:56 PM »
I think he's fine. Most strikers would struggle to score with our tactics.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2383 on: August 31, 2017, 01:25:58 PM »
 Solomon is a target man first & foremost when played alone upfront then a goal scorer

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2384 on: August 31, 2017, 01:33:52 PM »
He's a good target man.
His finishing leaves a little to be desired.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2385 on: August 31, 2017, 01:37:17 PM »
TP is first and foremost a pragmatist, if Salomon is part of a successful side (not loosing in TP terms) then he will be kept doing that job,
Its worth considering that you do not have to score goals to not lose.

Cynical but .
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2386 on: August 31, 2017, 01:40:18 PM »
TP is first and foremost a pragmatist, if Salomon is part of a successful side (not loosing in TP terms) then he will be kept doing that job,
Its worth considering that you do not have to score goals to not lose.

Cynical but .

This. Like it or lump it, we are a very pragmatic side. TP has made a career playing the percentages and its what makes him stand out in current football.

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2387 on: August 31, 2017, 01:43:54 PM »
I thought we looked a much better side against Bournemouth with JRod leading the line

SirTonyPulis

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2388 on: August 31, 2017, 01:49:31 PM »
Rondon is hardly a target man. Poor at heading, poor at winning headers and poor at holding the ball up

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2389 on: August 31, 2017, 01:50:28 PM »
Rondon is hardly a target man. Poor at heading, poor at winning headers and poor at holding the ball up

How many other players have scored a hat trick of headers in the last 5 years? ;D

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2390 on: August 31, 2017, 01:50:47 PM »
I thought we looked a much better side against Bournemouth with JRod leading the line

I thought we looked better during the first half in particular.

But I also felt this had more to do with the ball being played to Rodriguez's feet as opposed to Rondon's throat.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2391 on: August 31, 2017, 01:51:32 PM »
I think even kane would struggle by the fact we seem to think the floor is lava when it comes to passing the ball to players

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2392 on: August 31, 2017, 01:55:19 PM »

I think Swansea would disagree with you on the heading part .........
MAGA!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2393 on: August 31, 2017, 02:04:41 PM »
In some ways, you have to feel for him. A couple of times on Sunday, he had to beat 4 Stoke defenders to lay the ball off to somebody, there were no Albion players within yards of him.
Someone sitting near to us made the point that, with our narrow game, the whole defensive back four can focus in on Rondon.

I think he's more heavy artillery than precision, but I do think he's capable of getting goals
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2394 on: August 31, 2017, 10:04:59 PM »
starting for Venezuela in the game just starting vs Colombia, I'll report back

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2395 on: August 31, 2017, 10:22:31 PM »
woah, REALLY NICE move just now against Murillo (Inter) with his back against goal on the right wing, got rid of the defender who fouled him in frustration and got a yellow

mateinone

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2396 on: August 31, 2017, 10:41:31 PM »
I think Rondon is still a very good footballer and it is hard to play as a forward at a club like West Brom.
You are not going to get the same number of chances, who have to scrap and fight holding the ball up without any real chance of getting off a shot time and time again, just to wait for that 1 or 2 half decent chances a game and when you miss, you know that is a good chance it was going to be your best shot in the game.

I am not Anti or Pro Pulis really, but I can acknowledge that it is hard to play a striker for him and it would be the same if we had Lukaku up front.

Anyway, hope he gets his way back into form, because if he does, he could be our best 'signing' this season

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2397 on: August 31, 2017, 10:48:27 PM »
I think Tp needs to give him a chance in a 2 man front line. JRod and Rondon would be a handful for any back 4.
If we had a decent attacking/ link up midfielder that would help too.
Rondon can only do so much on his own

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2398 on: September 01, 2017, 12:50:31 AM »
had a good game in a 0-0 draw vs Colombia at home in which he played 90 minutes. 1-on-1 he gave both Murillo and Zapata (AC Milan) fits and this made me wonder how often I've seen him in those situations at WBA. Not MOM by any means but a good game.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2399 on: September 01, 2017, 09:35:59 AM »
had a good game in a 0-0 draw vs Colombia at home in which he played 90 minutes. 1-on-1 he gave both Murillo and Zapata (AC Milan) fits and this made me wonder how often I've seen him in those situations at WBA. Not MOM by any means but a good game.

Out of interest did he have any chances and if so how did they go?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill