Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1131914 times)

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #2050 on: April 18, 2017, 05:58:38 PM »
another thing that's buggging me is that If 79 wasn't given false info and Rondon is really throwing tantrums like that then WBA being part of a "football experience" that's scheduled to take place in Venezuela next month surely comes at a very weird time. I keep trying to find an article in English but only Venezuelan media seems to be covering it.

http://www.liderendeportes.com/noticias/futbol/entrenadores-de-la-premier-dictaran-taller-en-vene.aspx

Del 24 al 29 de abril de 2017, Venezuela recibirá “The Great Football Experience”, un programa piloto en desarrollo comunitario y promoción del fútbol base en el país, que contará con el apoyo de la Premier League, la liga profesional de fútbol del Reino Unido.

“The Great Football Experience” es una iniciativa conjunta de la Embajada Británica en Caracas, el British Council de Venezuela, la Premier League, el equipo profesional West Bromwich Albion FC (donde juega el futbolista venezolano Salomón Rondón) y la organización no gubernamental Deporte para el Desarrollo.

Como parte del programa, los entrenadores británicos Adam Lea (de la Premier League), Lee Meacham y Chloe Kate Harper (del West Bromwich Albion FC) dictarán un taller para entrenadores comunitarios que beneficiará a 36 instructores venezolanos, procedentes de la Federación Venezolana de Fútbol (FVF), clubes profesionales, y organizaciones deportivas enfocadas en el trabajo social en zonas de vulnerabilidad.

El programa se iniciará el 24 de abril con un evento de lanzamiento en la Residencia Oficial del Embajador Británico, seguido de cuatro días continuos de capacitación deportiva para los técnicos venezolanos.

“The GREAT Football Experience” se clausurará el sábado 29 de abril con el torneo “Fútbol sin Fronteras”, en el Estadio Olímpico de la Universidad Central de Venezuela (UCV), con la participación de aproximadamente 100 niños de comunidades de bajos recursos."

In summary, something called "The Great Football Experience" will be happening in Caracas (Venezuela) from April 24th through the 29th. "The Great Football Experience" is sold as some kind of pilot program in community development and promoting of football in the country and it is said to count on the support of the Premier League. "The Great Football Experience" was created jointly by the British Embassy in Caracas, the British Council of Venezuela, the PL, and West Brom, along with non-government Venezuelan organization.

That article goes on to state that as part of the program British coaches named Lee Meacham (WBA sports development coach) and Chloe Kate Harper (can't find anything on him) from WBA and Adam Lea (can't figure out who that is) will direct some sort of workshop for community trainers that will benefit 36 Venezuelan instructors from the FVF (Venezuelan FA), professional clubs, and sports organizations focusing on social work in vulnerable areas. The event is set to launch on the 24th at the residency of the British Ambassador and come to a conclusion on the 29th with a tourney (I assume football) in which approximately 100 kids from low-income communities will participate.

Assuming this is actually a thing surely this all came to happen due to Rondon's presence at WBA,which makes it so odd that an event like that would be happening at the same time Rondon is "not training properly for months", "refusing to train properly at all on a day to day basis", and "refusing to take his match shirt and throwin it back at the coaching team saying he's not taking that shirt with him" as well as "actively saying he wants to go to China".

Bizarre bizarre bizarre

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2051 on: April 18, 2017, 06:20:59 PM »
Rondon looked quite happy in the mini series when he was pratting around with Yacob. will be difficult to keep this under wraps if its true but they kept the Berahino drug incident quiet. think he's inebriated of both with his own form and not getting the deal to China.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2052 on: April 19, 2017, 12:03:38 PM »
If Baggie79 says this happened im very likely to believe it if im honest, his posts have always been spot on

You can choose not to believe but dont run someone down who is sharing this information with us
Who is running anyone down, as for always spot on - do me a favour.

Everything that is being said about Rondon contradicts everything I have been told about him by someone who worked close to the first team up until recently.

Furthermore Pulis was highly complimentary about him only a week or so ago, which absolutely did not sound like lip service to me.  Garner was also  in the local press last week saying how Rondon has been back to his bubbly self after his family issues had improved.  No straight bats, no smoke screens, both comments seemed genuine.  Therefore I don't buy it.
"This crack is really moreish."

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2053 on: April 19, 2017, 12:25:19 PM »

Everything that is being said about Rondon contradicts everything I have been told about him by someone who worked close to the first team up until recently.

Furthermore Pulis was highly complimentary about him only a week or so ago, which absolutely did not sound like lip service to me.  Garner was also  in the local press last week saying how Rondon has been back to his bubbly self after his family issues had improved.  No straight bats, no smoke screens, both comments seemed genuine.  Therefore I don't buy it.
As a Rondon fan i hope you are right , that said the club did similiar with the Saido saga up until he left.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2054 on: April 19, 2017, 12:29:55 PM »
With any player the club are hardly going to tell the world what a shithouse a player is if they are going to try and sell them are they? Pulis kept saying how Berahino was great around the place and a smashing lad while he was serving a drug ban. Something is wrong with Rondon and facts are he hasn't scored since the interest from China came.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2055 on: April 19, 2017, 12:32:52 PM »

He was complimentary about Berahino too....we all know how that turned out

Like I said, I know Baggie 79 personally and know that the information he shares is pretty much spot on everytime.

You dont have to believe him but by saying what yourself and others have you are in my eyes running him down.

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2056 on: April 19, 2017, 01:29:00 PM »
If its true his head has been turned by the money from China and we get a similar offer in the summer to what we received in January then we have to sell. I get the impression the club wanted to sell anyway this summer to be perfectly honest with you. Rondon is probably on around 70 grand a week to score goals and he hasnt done that since December. I know people hit form and dip out of it but he drops in form so much its beyond frustrating. I can see him being sold for big money in the summer which will then hopefully go towards funding his replacement. If his head has been turned by the money i totally understand as the money is madness over there but it goes to tell you alot about a person. Like i said before he is probably on around 70k a week (nothing compared to China but still a stupid amount of money) here and playing in the best league in the world and he wants to throw that away to move to a country with no history in the sport for money. For that Rondon you can jog on for me and we will get someone in who appreciates they are playing in the best league in the world for a club going places.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2057 on: April 19, 2017, 02:07:53 PM »

You dont have to believe him but by saying what yourself and others have you are in my eyes running him down.

Well there must be some very thin skinned people on here if that is deemed as running someone down.

As for Berahino Pulis was not complimentary about him during his last 6 months, listen to his comments and press conferences, he played the Berahino situation with a straight bat every time, 'he needs to get fit' was the usual response.   Looking at his comments on Saido and Rondon and you'll find he is positively gushing over Rondon in comparison.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 02:19:12 PM by Signor_Maresca »

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2058 on: April 19, 2017, 02:17:01 PM »
He seems like a good guy to me, his confidence has hit rock bottom though. It's a shame because a few months ago he was looking a really good player for us.
the regime don't like it man

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2059 on: April 19, 2017, 02:29:24 PM »
Well there must be some very thin skinned people on here if that is deemed as running someone down.

As for Berahino Pulis was not complimentary about him during his last 6 months, listen to his comments and press conferences, he played the Berahino situation with a straight bat every time, 'he needs to get fit' was the usual response.   Looking at his comments on Saido and Rondon and you'll find he is positively gushing over Rondon in comparison.

Then I'm thin skinned  ::)

And he was very complimentary about Berahino as others have also said

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2060 on: April 19, 2017, 03:03:23 PM »
Then I'm thin skinned  ::)

And he was very complimentary about Berahino as others have also said

And no he wasn't.  Not when s**t hit the pan with him (last 6 months) "Saido needs to get fit" was his standard response, nothing like how he talks about Rondon.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 10:02:55 PM by OldburyWBA »

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2061 on: April 19, 2017, 03:23:33 PM »
Well obviously, probably why most of the guys I go up with have been banned off this site over the last 12 months but that's another issue I guess.
And no he wasn't.  Not when s**t hit the pan with him (last 6 months) "Saido needs to get fit" was his standard response, nothing like how he talks about Rondon.

And I totally disagree with you on Berahino, saido needs to get fit was one comment, there were other comments from Pulis about Berahino which were very praising indeed. Lets forget he said those though hey?

« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 10:03:09 PM by OldburyWBA »

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2062 on: April 19, 2017, 06:09:16 PM »
wouldn't it be harder to sell him for a huge some now anyway, might be wrong but I  thought the Chinese introduced a cap on foreign players and only they would offer £32 m for a striker whose form is so poor.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2063 on: April 19, 2017, 07:26:43 PM »

Like I said, I know Baggie 79 personally and know that the information he shares is pretty much spot on everytime.

Baggie79 said himself its what he heard from someone else... rightly or wrongly.

Therefore should we NOT run rondon down before we know exactly whats going on?  ???

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2064 on: April 19, 2017, 07:56:40 PM »
I believe every word 79 has said it fits . 1st down the tunnel at final whistle body language looks all wrong . Not starting games Why don't he get his head down till end of the season score some goals with pulis knowing he wants to go in the summer . While all kept in house .

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2065 on: April 19, 2017, 08:07:48 PM »
I believe every word 79 has said it fits . 1st down the tunnel at final whistle body language looks all wrong . Not starting games Why don't he get his head down till end of the season score some goals with pulis knowing he wants to go in the summer . While all kept in house .

No he wasn't, it was Livermore...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2066 on: April 19, 2017, 08:09:01 PM »
I can't believe some members questing Baggie79 integrity, he is a poster whose post's over the years i have enjoyed reading.
In my opinion a long time ITK poster.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2067 on: April 19, 2017, 08:31:09 PM »
Baggie79 said himself its what he heard from someone else... rightly or wrongly.

Therefore should we NOT run rondon down before we know exactly whats going on?  ???

Let me just clarify when I said rightly or wrongly I was questioning whether a member of the backroom staff should be discussing this with the general public, I wasn't questioning whether the information is correct as he is in the dressing room for all games and why would he lie?

I have had other priorities for the last year or so and haven't posted much but this got me feeling let down so I decided to post it and that's the only reason, I am a huge admirer of Rondon and will argue all day with people that he is a very very good striker but I guess things just haven't worked out.
Gera, Gera, Gera

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2068 on: April 19, 2017, 08:59:26 PM »
Let me just clarify when I said rightly or wrongly I was questioning whether a member of the backroom staff should be discussing this with the general public, I wasn't questioning whether the information is correct as he is in the dressing room for all games and why would he lie?

I have had other priorities for the last year or so and haven't posted much but this got me feeling let down so I decided to post it and that's the only reason, I am a huge admirer of Rondon and will argue all day with people that he is a very very good striker but I guess things just haven't worked out.

Maybe this is the summer we see Rondon leave and the striking department gets a ovarhaul. Ive been told on multiple occasions by different reliable people that TP wants Benteke. Maybe Rondon will leave and Benteke could very well come in.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2069 on: April 19, 2017, 09:17:41 PM »

Cheers for sharing Mukka.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2070 on: April 19, 2017, 09:49:02 PM »

Just my opinion that's all, it's a very strong accusation to make that 'rondon and the club are finished based on 'he said she said'.

Not trying to 'run you down', I'm just saying maybe we should see how it pans out before turning against a striker just because of what one person has said.

He don't half seem pretty happy to be at the club though all over social media considering he refused his shirt and somehow still managed to get on the pitch.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2071 on: April 19, 2017, 10:11:13 PM »
Just my opinion that's all, it's a very strong accusation to make that 'rondon and the club are finished based on 'he said she said'.

Not trying to 'run you down', I'm just saying maybe we should see how it pans out before turning against a striker just because of what one person has said.

He don't half seem pretty happy to be at the club though all over social media considering he refused his shirt and somehow still managed to get on the pitch.

The ITK posters can't win can they, Hung if they do & hung if they dont.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2072 on: April 20, 2017, 12:13:10 AM »
No one is disputing the veracity of the claim. The implication I am drawing is the source has an axe to grind with Albion or Rondon or that they don't know the full story.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Downunder Stripes

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2073 on: April 20, 2017, 03:44:45 AM »

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2074 on: April 20, 2017, 06:31:48 AM »
Looks happier off the pitch than on it, that's for sure. In my opinion, whether the tale is true or not, if we can get a good offer get rid. If his problem is the situation is the situation in Venezuela, then that ain't about to change anytime soon. Any other reason for his loss of form, and in particular his loss of appetite for the "battle" are unacceptable.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride