Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1131975 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #1775 on: March 04, 2017, 05:09:30 PM »
Totally isolated. Not sure what else he could have done, also Sakho was man of the match.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1776 on: March 04, 2017, 05:11:32 PM »
Totally isolated. Not sure what else he could have done, also Sakho was man of the match.
Not to mention the poor passing in his direction 99% of Today.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1777 on: March 04, 2017, 05:12:06 PM »
HRK was a lot more involved in the game when he came on and has always showed better movement than Rondon. Cant blame it all on the teammates.

HRK looks to be more involved because he often has support from Rondon when both are on the field and the team shape is often different for the last 30 when he comes on. He is not a better player than Rondon  - he is a different sort of player

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1778 on: March 04, 2017, 05:35:48 PM »
Not to mention the poor passing in his direction 99% of Today.
what passing  >:(? pure hoofball mostly, Rondon needed wings to have any chance of getting at those balls we pumped clear today. he would have had frostbite of the forehead at the end of the game.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1779 on: March 04, 2017, 05:42:04 PM »
what passing  >:(? pure hoofball mostly, Rondon needed wings to have any chance of getting at those balls we pumped clear today. he would have had frostbite of the forehead at the end of the game.
Yeah i meant that , i find it hard to knock him with service and support like today.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1780 on: March 04, 2017, 06:00:22 PM »
Very isolated today and showed some nice touches. Did seem to win more headers than usual too.

However, as someone stated on this topic before, strikers are made and judged by those little moments that change the game. When the ball fell kindly to him and he took a poor first touch in their area shows why I said this needs to improve.

Forget the stats, a better touch there and we have a serious goal chance. Other than that we didn't offer anything going forward today at all. Obviously not solely Rondon's fault though.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1781 on: March 04, 2017, 07:22:54 PM »
He is supposed to be a striker no shots or headers on target, couldn't control the ball rubbish in the air bad positional sense and goes down like a ballerina on ice. Apart from that not to bad.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1782 on: March 04, 2017, 07:42:02 PM »
Hate it when we lose because the blame game starts just a bad day at the office leave of Solomon they were all rubbish barring Foster

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1783 on: March 04, 2017, 08:01:24 PM »
He looked totally shot of any confidence today and really could do with a few games out of the firing line BUT we have no serious alternatives up front.
Mind you his support was no existent today from the rest of the team.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1784 on: March 04, 2017, 08:13:49 PM »
He is supposed to be a striker no shots or headers on target, couldn't control the ball rubbish in the air bad positional sense and goes down like a ballerina on ice. Apart from that not to bad.

Another ridiculous post. How is he meant to shoot or head the ball on target when he didn't get the ball within 20 yards of goal or have a cross go near him?

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1785 on: March 04, 2017, 08:40:53 PM »
Shane Long, on the other hand, would have thrived on the service provided today.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1786 on: March 04, 2017, 11:35:56 PM »
Shane Long, on the other hand, would have thrived on the service provided today.
Ha,ha pathetic just like Rondon

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1787 on: March 04, 2017, 11:39:54 PM »
Another ridiculous post. How is he meant to shoot or head the ball on target when he didn't get the ball within 20 yards of goal or have a cross go near him?
Yes he did get the service but he did nothing with it you must have been watching a different game to me. How many games is that now without a goal?

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1788 on: March 04, 2017, 11:44:52 PM »
Like most of the team he didn't look totally up for it today.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1789 on: March 05, 2017, 12:10:01 AM »
Great /good Albion no 9s, forwards, strikers
Ronnie Allen
Jeff Astle
Cyrille Regis
Bob Taylor
Andy Hunt and for is time here Peter Odemwingie.
 not so good no9s,forwards,strikers
John Thomas
Paul Williams
Luke Moore
Stuart Evans
Brown Ideye and Solaman Rondon!

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1790 on: March 05, 2017, 01:04:47 AM »
Yes wasn't his best game and he did very little but as did every single man in a blue and white striped shirt. Big Sam set up perfectly to stop us and it did just that. Also for the first time for a long while pulis starting line up and subs were like the days of old.

Think if Brunt had played left side and chadli through the middle we would have had a better outcome. No width no tempo which saw us lump it to rondon. Yes he didn't control much but he had no real chance as there was no service movement and it was all so predictable.

Needs a rest his confidence is shot
O Albion we love you

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1791 on: March 05, 2017, 07:12:16 AM »
Yesterday Rondon had more touches of the ball in his own box than he did in the opposition box. The lack of support and service was appalling there isn't a Centre Forward on this Earth that would look good in those circumstances.

That said it still wasn't the best of performances and in an ideal world we would at least be able to rotate him out of the team.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1792 on: March 05, 2017, 12:18:29 PM »
Very isolated today and showed some nice touches. Did seem to win more headers than usual too.

However, as someone stated on this topic before, strikers are made and judged by those little moments that change the game. When the ball fell kindly to him and he took a poor first touch in their area shows why I said this needs to improve.

Forget the stats, a better touch there and we have a serious goal chance. Other than that we didn't offer anything going forward today at all. Obviously not solely Rondon's fault though.

Okey dokey, noted and will do  :)  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1793 on: March 05, 2017, 12:24:23 PM »
Yesterday Rondon had more touches of the ball in his own box than he did in the opposition box. The lack of support and service was appalling there isn't a Centre Forward on this Earth that would look good in those circumstances.

That said it still wasn't the best of performances and in an ideal world we would at least be able to rotate him out of the team.

Fully agreed on both points.

He would have felt like sherpa Tenzing after jumping for those high balls while carrying their back four on his back for 90+ minutes.

As stated by Dexy, he must have had frost bite of the forehead at the final whistle.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1794 on: March 05, 2017, 12:43:06 PM »
ALBION 59 was at another match to me yes Rondon was rubbish like the rest of the side but as for service there was non, we had no width no crosses no corner`s  so how on earth did he get service 59 just hate`s Rondon with a passion and no matter how well he plays he wont have a good word for him

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1795 on: March 05, 2017, 01:57:40 PM »
Boys

Lets do it like grown adults...

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Jimbo Baggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1796 on: March 05, 2017, 09:07:44 PM »
He was rubbish the weekend like a good few, such negative tactics, one attempt on target al match, fecking awful.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1797 on: March 06, 2017, 09:52:07 AM »
I'm a big Rondon fan, but he was poor at the weekend, as were they all, I certainly wouldn't single him out as being any worse than the rest.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1798 on: March 06, 2017, 10:02:03 AM »
I'm a big Rondon fan, but he was poor at the weekend, as were they all, I certainly wouldn't single him out as being any worse than the rest.

I don't see what a lot of others see in him but agree he shouldn't be singled out in a very poor team performance. I would say that he had no need to go down when challenged by Cabaye and could maybe have got a shot off if he'd have stayed on his feet.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1799 on: March 06, 2017, 10:14:31 AM »
I don't see what a lot of others see in him but agree he shouldn't be singled out in a very poor team performance. I would say that he had no need to go down when challenged by Cabaye and could maybe have got a shot off if he'd have stayed on his feet.

Agreed on that one, it did annoy me that his first thought was to go down as opposed to going for goal.

Not the match thread I know, but I am still livid after Saturday. I never leave early but I was that frustrated with the performance that I felt I had to on Saturday; it has been a good few months since I have seen such a lack of effort and endeavour from us.