Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1131951 times)

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #1425 on: February 01, 2017, 11:33:17 AM »
The blame game has started there is nothing wrong with Rondon that a goal won`t put right he is the same player who had a great first half of season and anyone is entitled to there opinion but if they think HKR [ who i like ] is better than Rondon your in cloud cuckoo land.

Did he have a great first half of the season though? Bar his hat trick against Swansea he really hasn't done much.

People said on here last season that we should give him a year to settle in and then judge him on his form this season. Sadly that has been lacking and he hasn't shown me he's good enough to be in a team 8th in the premier league.

That coupled with the fact as a team we are scoring much more goals this season, he really should be bagging more.

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1426 on: February 01, 2017, 11:39:22 AM »
Everyone of the bottom half clubs would rip our arm off to get Rondon.

I wouldnt swap the lad for anyone at any of the bottom clubs.

Unless we spent £35m+ we wouldnt find anyone better than him.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1427 on: February 01, 2017, 11:46:17 AM »
The blame game has started there is nothing wrong with Rondon that a goal won`t put right he is the same player who had a great first half of season and anyone is entitled to there opinion but if they think HKR [ who i like ] is better than Rondon your in cloud cuckoo land.

always the same you are, shooting folk down. its an opionions board and for me i think HRK would do a better job at the minute
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1428 on: February 01, 2017, 11:54:53 AM »
Everyone of the bottom half clubs would rip our arm off to get Rondon.

I wouldnt swap the lad for anyone at any of the bottom clubs.

Unless we spent £35m+ we wouldnt find anyone better than him.

Really?

Would Watford swap him for Deaney?
Would Palace swap him for Benteke?
Would Bournemouth swap him for Wilson?
Would Swansea swap him for Siguardson?
Would Leicester swap him for Mahrez or Slimani?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1429 on: February 01, 2017, 12:28:37 PM »
Did he have a great first half of the season though? Bar his hat trick against Swansea he really hasn't done much.

People said on here last season that we should give him a year to settle in and then judge him on his form this season. Sadly that has been lacking and he hasn't shown me he's good enough to be in a team 8th in the premier league.

That coupled with the fact as a team we are scoring much more goals this season, he really should be bagging more.

I agree he should be scoring more but it's a bit harsh to write off his early season form.  He may not have scored but he was causing mayhem in the oppositions backline giving room to others.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1430 on: February 01, 2017, 12:33:00 PM »
Nothing wrong with Salomon, he has one of the hardest roles in the prem.
Yes he has had a few which he could / should have scored, but name any striker that isn't true of.

As for comparisons with Benteke / Deeney / Slimani who have all had long barren streaks. I would take Salomon everytime.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1431 on: February 01, 2017, 12:37:43 PM »
For our system and set up he is ideal and does a great job. As we have seen recently if we sell him who do we bring in that we can get who would be better? if they are already established as a top striker they won't come to us. To get a top class "target man" and regular goalscorer is rare, can't think of many.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1432 on: February 01, 2017, 12:41:39 PM »
Really?

Would Watford swap him for Deaney?
Would Palace swap him for Benteke?
Would Bournemouth swap him for Wilson?
Would Swansea swap him for Siguardson?
Would Leicester swap him for Mahrez or Slimani?

Neither of those are strikers
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1433 on: February 01, 2017, 01:08:18 PM »
Nothing wrong with Salomon, he has one of the hardest roles in the prem.
Yes he has had a few which he could / should have scored, but name any striker that isn't true of.

As for comparisons with Benteke / Deeney / Slimani who have all had long barren streaks. I would take Salomon everytime.

Benteke is far superior IMO. His goalscoring record mainly at struggling clubs is exceptional. Given the opportunity Pulis will replace Rondon like a shot I reckon.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1434 on: February 01, 2017, 01:10:35 PM »
If you don`t like my comments tough I am a supporter of The Albion and I believe Rondon is a lot better player than HRK. As for shooting folk down well if to me a supporter is as the[ dictionary says]]is to support get behind encourage and some of the comments that some posters come out with are not doing that. I WILL STICK UP FOR MY TEAM NO MATTER WHAT .We all want a successful Baggies team and getting behind them now that we are doing that will only Help

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1435 on: February 01, 2017, 01:31:36 PM »
If you don`t like my comments tough I am a supporter of The Albion and I believe Rondon is a lot better player than HRK. As for shooting folk down well if to me a supporter is as the[ dictionary says]]is to support get behind encourage and some of the comments that some posters come out with are not doing that. I WILL STICK UP FOR MY TEAM NO MATTER WHAT .We all want a successful Baggies team and getting behind them now that we are doing that will only Help

So basically unless you say everything is rosey and every player is great, you aren't supporting the team???

You carry on sticking up for your team no matter what - you'll probably find the majority here will support the club no matter what, doesn't mean they have to agree with everything we do!!!

I seem to remember you not being a fan of Berahino (like many of us on here)...surely, going by your comments, you should have got behind him as a player of this club?

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1436 on: February 01, 2017, 01:34:09 PM »
maybe if you took other posters opinions for what they are instead of twisting it into some imaginary anti- albion agenda would help.
from the posts I've read no ones blaming rondon so don't see how the blame game accusation started.
no ones saying HRK is a better player than rondon just some poster would give him a start, there's a difference here.
they are all Albion fans like yourself.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1437 on: February 01, 2017, 01:42:52 PM »

Its not the blame game no one can deny that Rondon does a good job for the team. The fact is he will not score 15 premier league goals a season and may struggle to get 10. If we want to move up a level then we need a regular goal scorer (like Odemwingie was but without the trouble)

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1438 on: February 01, 2017, 02:21:59 PM »
ASHD if you read my comments properly you will see that I will not respect any player who disrespects our club I will not boo them but I just wanted them gone. The likes of Hughes Anelka Berahino  did just that.I`m not twisting anything Rondon at the start of the season was superb on his own up front never stops running but all some fans seem to see are the chances he`s missed

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1439 on: February 01, 2017, 02:27:33 PM »
We've got what we've got with Salomon.
If he was a 20 goal a season striker he probably wouldn't be playing here.
He runs around a lot. Is that enough? Not in my book, he's a striker and needs to do what it says on the tin.
He missed one last night that was easier to put in, he's not on his own in that respect.
I don't think anyone is slagging him off but to progress as a team we either need to get him some help of directly replace him with a striker that has more goals in him
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1440 on: February 01, 2017, 02:49:00 PM »
OK all I take your points on board and will try to ring myself in and try to see some other way of viewing your posts starting now with Rondon some fans would like him replaced but with who as outside the top 7 sides in the Premiership there are only 3 strikers and I mean strikers who have scored more than Rondon that is  Llorentte , Benteke and Defoe

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1441 on: February 01, 2017, 04:00:01 PM »
OK all I take your points on board and will try to ring myself in and try to see some other way of viewing your posts starting now with Rondon some fans would like him replaced but with who as outside the top 7 sides in the Premiership there are only 3 strikers and I mean strikers who have scored more than Rondon that is  Llorentte , Benteke and Defoe

I do understand the concern with Rondon but what seems to make us different from a few other teams is that everyone in the team with the exception of Yacob  and Foster are capable of scoring -  we have goals from every position.

Even though Rondon is not banging them in he really does cause problems at times.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 04:10:03 PM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1442 on: February 01, 2017, 04:52:57 PM »
Quote about Rondon...

The Welshman insists he is doing everything possible to keep the former Zenit man "focused" for the rest of the campaign. Pulis said: “There’s lots of stuff going on around Salomon and I’ve got to make sure he’s focused. “It’s not football stuff. It’s nothing to do with the speculation. It’s a personal thing to do with his family back in Venezuela."

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/west-bromwich-albion/rondon-dealing-with-family-issues---pulis-1840375.html
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1443 on: February 01, 2017, 05:50:55 PM »
Quote about Rondon...

The Welshman insists he is doing everything possible to keep the former Zenit man "focused" for the rest of the campaign. Pulis said: “There’s lots of stuff going on around Salomon and I’ve got to make sure he’s focused. “It’s not football stuff. It’s nothing to do with the speculation. It’s a personal thing to do with his family back in Venezuela."

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/west-bromwich-albion/rondon-dealing-with-family-issues---pulis-1840375.html

Read somewhere that he risks kidnap at home. Also that his family are not allowed to leave for fear of reprisals against THEIR family.

Not a very pleasant place to be a success Venezuela by all accounts.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1444 on: February 01, 2017, 05:51:47 PM »
It's a shame to hear he has some personal issues back in Venezuela, maybe family members who are ill (total guess of course).

That said, his form has declined recently which is normal for a striker, so it wouldn't hurt to give Robson-Kanu a start. Rondon has started all but one of our premier league games this season so could probably do with a rest. Maybe getting the chance to come on against tired defenders might be quite useful for him.

As a side note, he has scored 17 goals in just over one and a half seasons. That is a good enough return for me personally.
Boing Boing

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1445 on: February 01, 2017, 06:01:05 PM »
Read somewhere that he risks kidnap at home. Also that his family are not allowed to leave for fear of reprisals against THEIR family.

Caracas is a slum and their country is bankrupt. Anyone with any money what so ever is a target.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1446 on: February 01, 2017, 06:04:11 PM »
You could be right baggies but i would leave it till after Stoke as Rondon has scored 2 goals in three matches against them

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1447 on: February 01, 2017, 07:34:45 PM »

I'm sure Pulis has said this season that Rondon's kids are settled in school in this country now so sounds like his immediate family is here. Other close relatives are likely to be back home though obviously.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1448 on: February 02, 2017, 09:57:10 PM »
wonder if the Chinese will come back in with another offer, they throw silly money at any player they want these days. we are so light in the striker dept but is there a figure that would tempt us to sell? £32m was a crazy amount and it wouldn't surprise me if they increase it. 

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1449 on: February 03, 2017, 07:27:08 PM »

Can't be easy relaxed focused fully and playing at the top of his game for the big guy with the worry of safety for his family on his mind constantly and so far away