Author Topic: Chris Brunt  (Read 771434 times)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Chris Brunt
« Reply #2975 on: February 26, 2018, 12:31:12 PM »
Glad to hear someone in dressing room is as drunk off as the fans.

I would keep Brunt on a rolling year contract, no more than that.
As has been said we need to move on from the current squad, by adding youth, pace and desire.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2976 on: February 26, 2018, 01:30:39 PM »
Well done Brunty.
Not the best footballer we've ever had but a true and honest professional.
Always liked him and Mozza.

Certainly not the best but we have had some marvelous players down the years so there's no shame in that. However, I can't really think of a better player over the last 30-35 years.

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2977 on: February 26, 2018, 02:07:57 PM »
Good on you Chrissie Brunt.  If he gets suspended and the taxi group did not I will be even more cross!

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2978 on: February 26, 2018, 03:20:28 PM »
I have never been a big fan of Brunt, but I have changed my mind over the last few months,( I hold my hands up on this one) good on ya mate I'm glad someone as got the b!!!s to have a go at that shower we saw Saturday, and well done when he came on.

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2979 on: February 26, 2018, 05:44:31 PM »
I disagree, sadly. It's high time to move on from the older generation at the club, which Brunt is now part of, and bring in some younger, hungrier and quicker legs. We've looked far too slow in our last 2 games and we have to change it.

Brunt is the central attacking piece this team has been missing. Yes his crosses from the wing are good but he doesn't have the pace to play out wide any more. Play him in front of the the Pole and Fields and behind Rondon. He has the vision to get it done there.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2980 on: February 26, 2018, 07:22:18 PM »
well done Chris for stating the bloody obvious, that dressing room must be pants.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2981 on: February 26, 2018, 07:25:23 PM »
I disagree, sadly. It's high time to move on from the older generation at the club, which Brunt is now part of, and bring in some younger, hungrier and quicker legs. We've looked far too slow in our last 2 games and we have to change it.

Hangs his hat and the club's future on his need for 'decent' football, wants to move on the best technical footballer.

Go figure.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2982 on: February 27, 2018, 12:55:00 PM »
I will be surprised if he's in the 18 on Saturday to be honest. Pardew is an arrogant so-and-so who won't like being questioned in front of the rest of the players, let alone that then leaking out to the press.

Steal a taxi while drunk, no problem. Question him, and it's probably curtains.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2983 on: February 27, 2018, 12:59:39 PM »
I will be surprised if he's in the 18 on Saturday to be honest. Pardew is an arrogant so-and-so who won't like being questioned in front of the rest of the players, let alone that then leaking out to the press.

I doubt he would go out of his way to pick on one of the most popular players amongst supporters, especially when the vast majority will have sympathised with Brunt's actions.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2984 on: February 27, 2018, 01:02:44 PM »
Brunt is the central attacking piece this team has been missing. Yes his crosses from the wing are good but he doesn't have the pace to play out wide any more. Play him in front of the the Pole and Fields and behind Rondon. He has the vision to get it done there.

Absolutely spot on; he's capable of inch-perfect through balls. With Burke and Leko out wide in support.

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2985 on: February 27, 2018, 01:07:29 PM »

Pardew can be as arrogant as he likes, Brunty will be here long after he has gone. I am still in disbelief he will be picking the team on Saturday.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2986 on: February 27, 2018, 01:14:06 PM »
Absolutely spot on; he's capable of inch-perfect through balls. With Burke and Leko out wide in support.

Not sure Leko is up to it Miggy. Went out on loan toBristol City, and after two stellar games they thought they had the new Gareth Bale on their hands. He then went rapidly downhill and eventually could not even make the bench. BCFC identified the same issues we see; tries to beat everyone twice and gets easily knocked off the ball.

Bang on about Brunty though, and I would definately be playing Burke now.
MAGA!

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2987 on: February 27, 2018, 01:59:21 PM »
Not sure Leko is up to it Miggy. Went out on loan toBristol City, and after two stellar games they thought they had the new Gareth Bale on their hands. He then went rapidly downhill and eventually could not even make the bench. BCFC identified the same issues we see; tries to beat everyone twice and gets easily knocked off the ball.

I am not sure what people expect from our youngsters at times. A few years ago the average age of a premier league debut was 22. It took players like Brunt and Mozza bouncing between division and getting minutes to become decent premier league players.

Leko is still only 18, in the championship Leko should be getting minutes. Two stellar games for Bristol shows he deserves a chance and wingers are notoriously hit and miss. 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 02:03:36 PM by johnny Cash »

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2988 on: February 27, 2018, 02:00:44 PM »

Fair point about Leko....but older and wiser maybe? I've just always loved flair players, I was brought up on Best, Cruyff, Stan Bowles, Tony Curry...even Willy Johnston drove us mad at times, but SOMETHING could always happen to turn a game.

Such players need the right sort of delivery, that's where Brunt in the middle could work well.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 02:02:27 PM by miggybaggy »

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2989 on: February 27, 2018, 02:06:19 PM »
I am not sure what people expect from our youngsters at times. A few years ago the average age of a premier league debut was 22. It took players like Brunt and Mozza bouncing between division and getting minutes to become decent premier league players.

Leko is still only 18, in the championship Leko should be getting minutes. Two stellar games for Bristol shows he deserves a chance and wingers are notoriously hit and miss.

When he beefs up and gets the right coaching, he will be a real asset. We will probably sell him then....... >:(

Its not the right time for him now....

In keeping with the subject of the thread, Brunty can do no wrong for me, and if he is not in the starting 11 on Saturday, that will tell you all you need to know about AP.
MAGA!

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2990 on: February 27, 2018, 02:55:39 PM »
Pardew could learn a lot from this forum if he could also learn a little humility!
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2991 on: February 27, 2018, 02:59:24 PM »
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/926220494?-11200:789:3#out
Butch Wilkins having a go at our Brunty now,tw@t

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2992 on: February 27, 2018, 03:03:23 PM »
He's probably drunk who cares what Wilkins thinks,he couldn't pass a ball forward only back and sideways.
He knows nothing about us.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2993 on: February 27, 2018, 03:03:40 PM »
I'm still embarrassed by the coin thrower at Reading. :'(
Baggie in Southampton

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2994 on: February 27, 2018, 03:06:10 PM »
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/926220494?-11200:789:3#out
Butch Wilkins having a go at our Brunty now,tw@t

The irony of Ray Wilkins telling Chris Brunt to sort his life out!  ???

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones Mr. Wilkins. Now f**k off back to the pub, there's a good chap.

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2995 on: February 27, 2018, 03:11:51 PM »
I'm still embarrassed by the coin thrower at Reading. :'(
Did we ever get the name of that **** ?

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2996 on: February 27, 2018, 03:12:16 PM »
Lilly livered Wilkins, I bet he never had the guts to say what brunty said,so mind your business,brunty doesn't have the radio airtime to reply like Wilkins does,big man behind the mic ask him to speak to any baggie I'm sure they'd tell Wilkins what they thought of his comments.
Brunty was angry he showed passion for our club,well done brunty,we don't care what Wilkins said.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2997 on: February 27, 2018, 03:14:03 PM »
Wilkins is another one who doesn't give a stuff about us. It doesn't Matter to him if we go out of existence. We're nothing to him so who gives a naughty word for his opinion?

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2998 on: February 27, 2018, 03:41:25 PM »
Wilkins is another one who doesn't give a stuff about us. It doesn't Matter to him if we go out of existence. We're nothing to him so who gives a naughty word for his opinion?
He's applied enough times for our job over the years!, must be sour grapes  :D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 03:43:27 PM by Dexy »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2999 on: February 27, 2018, 03:51:06 PM »
Stuff Wilkins
If Pardew had a pair he'd re-instate Brunty as captain until the end of the season.

Oh and can somebody show Pardew this?

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/02/27/chris-brunt-has-one-of-the-best-minutes-per-assist-ratios-in-europe/
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 03:54:42 PM by tuamigos »
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'