Author Topic: Anything England Football  (Read 773850 times)

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

Re: Anything England Football
« Reply #3925 on: November 22, 2022, 08:47:59 AM »
That’s a poor post liver, I expected better from you to be honest

Did you? Really?  :o

On the game, I felt we looked handy. Opposition were what they were, but we never looked like they’d stifle us which was always the worry. We have so much attacking talent it’s frightening, just need to make sure we continue to use it as we did in that game. Praying he does not revert back to 5 at the back at any stage, particularly when Walker is fit, defence is our weakest suit so play on the front foot

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3926 on: November 22, 2022, 09:18:05 AM »
Did you? Really?  :o

On the game, I felt we looked handy. Opposition were what they were, but we never looked like they’d stifle us which was always the worry. We have so much attacking talent it’s frightening, just need to make sure we continue to use it as we did in that game. Praying he does not revert back to 5 at the back at any stage, particularly when Walker is fit, defence is our weakest suit so play on the front foot

Really Fritz, I do

The post was just moaning about Grealish, how easy his goal was, and his ‘celebration’ for a child with cerebral palsy.

It’s easy to point out how easy he goes down, and that is true, but we once had a player called Periera who hit the deck pretty quickly too
MAGA!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3927 on: November 22, 2022, 09:22:53 AM »
Really Fritz, I do

The post was just moaning about Grealish, how easy his goal was, and his ‘celebration’ for a child with cerebral palsy.

It’s easy to point out how easy he goes down, and that is true, but we once had a player called Periera who hit the deck pretty quickly too

I meant were you really shocked at a post like that coming from Liverbaggie? His opinions expressed in the past suggested to me that is exactly the sort of post I would expect from him.

I had seen the video before the tournament on Twitter where he had met with the lad, Finley, who requested he did that celebration and fully support him doing it. Strangely enough, ever since he left the Villa, I have truly warmed to our Jack  ;D

No idea why Liver would be criticising him being chopped down by Iranian players who were scared of him running at them directly and committing men which, while we have the likes of Maguire on the pitch, gives us a great advantage at the many set pieces he wins.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3928 on: November 22, 2022, 09:35:17 AM »
Im not a grealish fan really but it was a great performance by england,
I apologise regarding grealish celebration i was not aware of his dedication to a child with celebral palsy, i didnt realise that

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3929 on: November 22, 2022, 09:39:27 AM »
Might just be me but much as I rate Rice I thought there were times he was very casual in possession. While both had good moments and we scored six (which is obviously great) Stones and McGuire will need to up their game moving forward.

We were vulnerable to balls over the top when Iran actually showed ambition. Given our general dominance three goals wouldn't have flattered them. Good start yet we need to be sharper and more focused against tougher opponents.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3930 on: November 22, 2022, 10:28:53 AM »
I thought Rice was the weakest link yesterday. His passing wasn’t too good and several times his first touch was awful ball just bouncing off him .
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3931 on: November 22, 2022, 10:42:22 AM »
I meant were you really shocked at a post like that coming from Liverbaggie? His opinions expressed in the past suggested to me that is exactly the sort of post I would expect from him.

I had seen the video before the tournament on Twitter where he had met with the lad, Finley, who requested he did that celebration and fully support him doing it. Strangely enough, ever since he left the Villa, I have truly warmed to our Jack  ;D

No idea why Liver would be criticising him being chopped down by Iranian players who were scared of him running at them directly and committing men which, while we have the likes of Maguire on the pitch, gives us a great advantage at the many set pieces he wins.

I am sort of warming to him too, looks like he has grown up since he left Witton wanderers.

Grealish scares a lot of players, whilst we were anti a little while ago I would like to think the we can recognise his talent
MAGA!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3932 on: November 22, 2022, 10:43:13 AM »
I thought Rice was the weakest link yesterday. His passing wasn’t too good and several times his first touch was awful ball just bouncing off him .

and yet all i heard from the talkosporto commentator how good he was and vital for breaking up play
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3933 on: November 22, 2022, 10:50:35 AM »
Breaking up play !! Iran barely had the ball. Obviously adhering to the 11th commandment . Thou shalt not criticise a player from the previous World Cup winners that are West Ham !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3934 on: November 25, 2022, 07:49:58 PM »
Poor performance so far. USA took over mod way through the half and we only regained some semblance of shape in the final 5 mins.

The defensive press has been very poor, they look like they ha e so much time to pick passes and shots around the box.
Boing Boing

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3935 on: November 25, 2022, 07:51:12 PM »
It's like watching the Albion under Bruce, superior players but no coaching or tactical aptitude going into them

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3936 on: November 25, 2022, 08:15:35 PM »
Proper Southgate this

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3937 on: November 25, 2022, 08:23:46 PM »
Henderson coming on to slow it down. Proper Southgate

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3938 on: November 25, 2022, 08:27:10 PM »
Absolutely. The entire country screaming for Foden and Grealish.,

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3939 on: November 25, 2022, 08:33:00 PM »
Anyone explained to Southgate that a draw does NOT guarantee progression

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3940 on: November 25, 2022, 08:40:48 PM »
Anyone explained to Southgate that a draw does NOT guarantee progression

It pretty much does though. He’s a cowardly manager.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3941 on: November 25, 2022, 08:44:03 PM »
It pretty much does though. He’s a cowardly manager.

Not guaranteed though. Totally agree Southgate is a coward however.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3942 on: November 25, 2022, 08:46:17 PM »
He will have to rely on a very lucky draw again to get to the latter stages. Such a poor manager

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3943 on: November 25, 2022, 08:47:51 PM »

Not guaranteed though. Totally agree Southgate is a coward however.

It’s not guaranteed no, but what odds wales beat us by 6?

It’s virtually guaranteed if we don’t lose, which is exactly why Southgate’s first thought was Henderson.  If we can stutter through until a big nation beats us, Southgate will have his excuses.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3944 on: November 25, 2022, 08:48:20 PM »
Imagine if we got tonked by Wales.

Get this bloke gone

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3945 on: November 25, 2022, 08:50:51 PM »
Makes me sick how we have our best player on the bench time and time again
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3946 on: November 25, 2022, 08:53:53 PM »
I think Kanes carrying an injury. He’s got previous for playing unfit when it may be in the teams interest to admit it (Spurs champions league final). Wouldn’t be surprised if it comes out after the tournament.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3947 on: November 25, 2022, 09:01:34 PM »
For me that game was crying out for Foden and Grealish. It wasn’t happening for Saka and Sterling.

There is trepidation going into the Wales game now and they’ll be up for it. Could end up 2nd which makes life harder.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3948 on: November 25, 2022, 09:05:17 PM »
Southgate too reliant on players like Henderson, Sterling, Mount and even Rashford, players who have been good for him but are no longer performing and are only there through loyalty.

Phil Foden plays regularly for arguably the best side in world football but can't get minutes for Southgate. Surely he should be ahead of a few of those players by now.

Also a lack of luck with injuries and players development stalling. It's hurt our depth at this tournament. I was hoping players like Delap, Sancho, Skipp, Elliott, Smith Rowe and the disgraced Greenwood would now have been in and around the squad but instead we are left with a thinner set of options.

We're near enough qualified now, but if we play likebthat vs Wales then a last 16 exit to the Netherlands or Equador beckons.
Boing Boing

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3949 on: November 25, 2022, 09:10:06 PM »
Southgate too reliant on players like Henderson, Sterling, Mount and even Rashford, players who have been good for him but are no longer performing and are only there through loyalty.

Phil Foden plays regularly for arguably the best side in world football but can't get minutes for Southgate. Surely he should be ahead of a few of those players by now.

Also a lack of luck with injuries and players development stalling. It's hurt our depth at this tournament. I was hoping players like Delap, Sancho, Skipp, Elliott, Smith Rowe and the disgraced Greenwood would now have been in and around the squad but instead we are left with a thinner set of options.

We're near enough qualified now, but if we play likebthat vs Wales then a last 16 exit to the Netherlands or Equador beckons.

Neville was spot on. A France, Brazil, Argentina, Spain, even the Germans and the Dutch back themselves to win that and TAA and Foden both play.

Unpopular opinion but we got to the World Cup semi and euro final in spite of Southgate not because of him.