Author Topic: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD  (Read 1023145 times)

Atomic and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Reply #7650 on: November 17, 2022, 12:49:32 PM »
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63601765

Rob Edwards being lined up to take over at Luton. I'll be interested to see how he gets on, if he gets it, as I had him down as one of my favoured candidates (not that I'm grumbling at all about CC).
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7651 on: November 17, 2022, 01:09:46 PM »
Proving timing is everything. He'll have netted quite a deal if he gets the stadium as well. Smart move waiting for it's owners to enter administration lowering the overall purchase price of both significantly before his moves were formalised.

Good work by what seems to be an astute businessman

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7652 on: November 17, 2022, 03:59:54 PM »
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63601765

Rob Edwards being lined up to take over at Luton. I'll be interested to see how he gets on, if he gets it, as I had him down as one of my favoured candidates (not that I'm grumbling at all about CC).

Confirmed on a 3.5 year deal

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7653 on: November 17, 2022, 04:17:22 PM »

Confirmed on a 3.5 year deal
Wonder what Watford fans will make of it given his short stint there, and the rivalry between the clubs.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7654 on: November 19, 2022, 01:02:37 PM »
Leicester City coach Kolo Toure is set to be named Wigan’s new manager in the next 24-48 hours. #wafc #LCFC

Pete O Rourke

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7655 on: November 26, 2022, 01:20:53 PM »
From Percy

#RangersFC have made their official approach for #QPR head coach Michael Beale. Talks understood to be progressing and Beale in pole position to take over (barring a late u-turn)

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7656 on: November 26, 2022, 01:41:02 PM »
“I’ve been all in here and I’ve asked other people to be all in so I can’t be the first person to run away from the ship”

Michael Beale - Oct 22

I do get it, but there is no such thing as loyalty in football. Only the lack of a desirable alternative.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7657 on: November 26, 2022, 03:55:26 PM »
Managers shouldn't need to show loyalty to football clubs because football clubs don't show loyalty to managers, but Beale's stupid public statements about  how he didnt want to peave, all the while courting both Wolves and now Rangers make him look a bit of a tit. Reminds me of Gary Rowatt's criticism of Wallace in the summer, only to push his name forward for our job when it became available.
Boing Boing

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7658 on: Yesterday at 06:17:20 PM »
Beale confirmed at Rangers. Wonder how QPR will fare now

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7659 on: Today at 09:30:48 AM »
Beale confirmed at Rangers. Wonder how QPR will fare now

They can't do much worse in the short to medium term in all  honesty given their form's dropped off a cliff of late. He's got out before his stock falls lower than they have. It was still funny when he turned the Dogheads down though.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7660 on: Today at 11:15:13 AM »
They can't do much worse in the short to medium term in all  honesty given their form's dropped off a cliff of late. He's got out before his stock falls lower than they have. It was still funny when he turned the Dogheads down though.

Very good statement there Dan. Its all gone wrong since they got beat by us. I think they hadn't won the previous 2 games as well.

Yeah I'll always admire him for that