Author Topic: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD  (Read 1283492 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Reply #7650 on: November 17, 2022, 03:59:54 PM »
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63601765

Rob Edwards being lined up to take over at Luton. I'll be interested to see how he gets on, if he gets it, as I had him down as one of my favoured candidates (not that I'm grumbling at all about CC).

Confirmed on a 3.5 year deal

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7651 on: November 17, 2022, 04:17:22 PM »

Confirmed on a 3.5 year deal
Wonder what Watford fans will make of it given his short stint there, and the rivalry between the clubs.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7652 on: November 19, 2022, 01:02:37 PM »
Leicester City coach Kolo Toure is set to be named Wigan’s new manager in the next 24-48 hours. #wafc #LCFC

Pete O Rourke

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7653 on: November 26, 2022, 01:20:53 PM »
From Percy

#RangersFC have made their official approach for #QPR head coach Michael Beale. Talks understood to be progressing and Beale in pole position to take over (barring a late u-turn)

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7654 on: November 26, 2022, 01:41:02 PM »
“I’ve been all in here and I’ve asked other people to be all in so I can’t be the first person to run away from the ship”

Michael Beale - Oct 22

I do get it, but there is no such thing as loyalty in football. Only the lack of a desirable alternative.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7655 on: November 26, 2022, 03:55:26 PM »
Managers shouldn't need to show loyalty to football clubs because football clubs don't show loyalty to managers, but Beale's stupid public statements about  how he didnt want to peave, all the while courting both Wolves and now Rangers make him look a bit of a tit. Reminds me of Gary Rowatt's criticism of Wallace in the summer, only to push his name forward for our job when it became available.
Boing Boing

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7656 on: November 28, 2022, 06:17:20 PM »
Beale confirmed at Rangers. Wonder how QPR will fare now

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7657 on: November 29, 2022, 09:30:48 AM »

They can't do much worse in the short to medium term in all  honesty given their form's dropped off a cliff of late. He's got out before his stock falls lower than they have. It was still funny when he turned the Dogheads down though.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7658 on: November 29, 2022, 11:15:13 AM »
They can't do much worse in the short to medium term in all  honesty given their form's dropped off a cliff of late. He's got out before his stock falls lower than they have. It was still funny when he turned the Dogheads down though.

Very good statement there Dan. Its all gone wrong since they got beat by us. I think they hadn't won the previous 2 games as well.

Yeah I'll always admire him for that

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7659 on: November 29, 2022, 01:37:32 PM »
I didn't realise but Sunderland have a game Saturday. They play Millwall.

Possibly helps them that they get a run out before playing us, but I wonder why we aren't playing Coventry that day. Surely it would have made more sense rather than the extra game over Christmas.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7660 on: November 29, 2022, 05:40:44 PM »
Rangers pal says he was "Gerrard's brain" up there.  Not a high bar, let's be honest.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7661 on: November 29, 2022, 06:55:54 PM »
Rangers pal says he was "Gerrard's brain" up there.  Not a high bar, let's be honest.

;D

Love him as a player but doesn't seem an Einstein

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7662 on: December 03, 2022, 02:13:13 PM »
Why and how are Sunderland playing millwall currently in a league that supposed to stopped for the World Cup?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7663 on: December 03, 2022, 03:23:18 PM »
Why and how are Sunderland playing millwall currently in a league that supposed to stopped for the World Cup?

I was wondering that too.
Sunderland won 3-0, going to be a tricky game up there on Monday week.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Brooklynbaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #7664 on: December 04, 2022, 09:06:48 AM »
And Sunderland have 2 players away on World Cup duty with Australia and Costa Rica.
It’ll be a tough game up there.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7665 on: December 05, 2022, 12:29:27 PM »
Coventry City have been given notice of eviction from the Ricoh Arena by Mike Ashley's Fraser group. They were notified on Friday and a Youth Cup fixture which was due to be played there the following day was moved to Leamington. No idea when they have to be out by or whether it's a ploy by Ashley to force a new ownership bid. Courtesy of the BBC website.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 12:38:55 PM by SmethDan »

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7666 on: December 05, 2022, 01:10:54 PM »
Coventry FC have been took over by local businessman Doug King. Club is now debt free and he's offered 25m to buy the stadium for the club separately

Further to my earlier post about Coventry facing eviction from the Ricoh this take over still hasn't been ratified by the EFL yet either.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7667 on: December 05, 2022, 03:02:08 PM »
Further to my earlier post about Coventry facing eviction from the Ricoh this take over still hasn't been ratified by the EFL yet either.
Just wondering what the new owner is going to use the stadium for if he's banned prof. football and, Wasps have gone into liquidation. Pop concerts every weekend?!

At the same time, although they are rivals, don't want to see Cov go into liquidation.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7668 on: December 05, 2022, 05:54:16 PM »
Just wondering what the new owner is going to use the stadium for if he's banned prof. football and, Wasps have gone into liquidation. Pop concerts every weekend?!

At the same time, although they are rivals, don't want to see Cov go into liquidation.

He's offering them different leasing terms to the ones they'd agreed with the previous owners over a ten year lease. They're opposed to the new terms which cover them for twelve months on less favourable terms.

Pretty sure he's using the stadium as a bargaining chip for a renewed takeover bid as their proposed sale is yet to go through and is being contested by another party other than Ashley.

This really isn't making Ashley very popular with Coventry supporters. At all. Might be a good businessman but I don't think he's had time to read 'How to Win Friends and Influence People'.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7669 on: December 05, 2022, 06:02:50 PM »
He's offering them different leasing terms to the ones they'd agreed with the previous owners over a ten year lease. They're opposed to the new terms which cover them for twelve months on less favourable terms.

Pretty sure he's using the stadium as a bargaining chip for a renewed takeover bid as their proposed sale is yet to go through and is being contested by another party other than Ashley.

This really isn't making Ashley very popular with Coventry supporters. At all. Might be a good businessman but I don't think he's had time to read 'How to Win Friends and Influence People'.

Good post mate! Not a nice man by all accounts.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7670 on: December 05, 2022, 06:15:24 PM »
Smethdan's explainer is interesting. You can see why Newcastle fans hated him. What a vile bloke.

Hope Cov can get the funding for a new stadium and sod the Ricoh off.
Boing Boing

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7671 on: December 06, 2022, 07:01:29 AM »
They were trying to get a new stadium built on land then owned by the University of Warwick a few years ago but nothing came of it. There were also suggestions of a ground share and redevelopment of Leamington Spa but I don't really see how that works for both parties given the differences between support bases.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7672 on: December 12, 2022, 08:46:28 AM »
Neil Critchley appointed QPR boss

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7673 on: December 12, 2022, 02:45:56 PM »
Neil Critchley appointed QPR boss

Joined by Garritty and Brunskill. Both of whom had coaching roles at differing levels at Liverpool as did Critchley. Brunskill was also on Critchley's staff at Blackpool. Think he was at Villa with him as well.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7674 on: December 13, 2022, 09:29:34 AM »
Mike Ashley's reported to have made a u-turn re Coventry City's stadium lease. Both parties have agreed a deal for City to complete this season's home fixtures at the Coventry Building Society Arena subject to ratification by the EFL. Currently no idea what happens thereafter.