Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2327726 times)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #14400 on: November 25, 2023, 08:35:25 PM »
Surprised how good Anthony Gordon has been at Newcastle Utd, another goal today. Ashworth rarely gets it wrong. Must be in England contention soon.

Maybe more exciting, 17 year old Lewis Miley set up a goal today. England have an embarrassment of riches in the wide positions at the moment.
Boing Boing

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14401 on: November 28, 2023, 09:03:19 AM »
Fair points but we have got other weaknesses
I don’t dislike Gallagher or Shaw ,or even Gheuhi….but against a France or an on form Argentina they just are not good enough .
Keeper is a big issue …we won’t win a tournament with Pickford in goal…pope was the one but seems like he’s lost 30%,I find myself in a position where Sam Johnstone wasnt good enough for my club but is the best current option for my country 
I do like John Stones…but I think he now sees himself has a midfielder…and Harry Maguire is actually ok against average teams..but not top level.

Can't begin to imagine what position you're in chap but it reads like an uncomfortable one. You must be a Yogi. If not then I commend your flexibility  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14402 on: November 28, 2023, 09:14:47 AM »
Wolves absolutely robbed last night by VAR. How on earth was it given as a penalty? If we do go up then I'm not looking forward to VAR, it's awful.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14403 on: November 28, 2023, 09:19:01 AM »
Wolves absolutely robbed last night by VAR. How on earth was it given as a penalty? If we do go up then I'm not looking forward to VAR, it's awful.

Wolves get robbed every other week. Great ay it?  ;D

You're right though, we'd be getting stitched up as well. VAR is the worst thing brought into any sport, let alone football. It wants binning completely, once and for all. It won't be though.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14404 on: November 28, 2023, 11:50:43 AM »
I don't know how anyone can question those penalties against Wolves last night.......

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14405 on: November 28, 2023, 12:28:51 PM »
There won't be any Premier League inquests as long as it doesn't happen to one of their prize ponies (Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea etc).  Wolves are viewed in much the same category as ourselves, should we be promoted. There to make up the numbers.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14406 on: November 28, 2023, 12:48:08 PM »
I don't know how anyone can question those penalties against Wolves last night.......
Nailed on, moaning bunch of nomarks, nowt wrong with VAR in their games .
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #14407 on: November 28, 2023, 02:41:24 PM »
Nailed on, moaning bunch of nomarks, nowt wrong with VAR in their games .
Absolutely, ref should have awarded a pen for the foul throw as well,
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14408 on: November 29, 2023, 01:37:51 PM »
Fulham v Wolves. 3 penalties. Not one of them a penalty for me unless the challenge is on a 5 year old.

It's long past the point of stupid now. There are people employed to create this nonsense. Keeping people in jobs is not an excuse.

It's got to the point where there needs to be a concerted campaign to get rid of VAR and those hangers on talking absolute rubbish and gaining a wage from its existence.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14409 on: November 29, 2023, 03:08:44 PM »
How did Vincius not get sent off he headbutted Kilman who didn't go down now I understand why  players do to get them sent off. Pereira got sent off for less against Palace last time we were in the Prem, which we also had bad Referees United away springs to mind Fernandes should have been sent off then scores, Furlong gets done for Handball when he was jumping and it hits his elbow.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14410 on: November 30, 2023, 08:06:53 AM »
Fulham v Wolves. 3 penalties. Not one of them a penalty for me unless the challenge is on a 5 year old.

It's long past the point of stupid now. There are people employed to create this nonsense. Keeping people in jobs is not an excuse.

It's got to the point where there needs to be a concerted campaign to get rid of VAR and those hangers on talking absolute rubbish and gaining a wage from its existence.

I don't see VAR in and of itself as being the problem so much as pernickety rule changes and no cut off time for making decisions. It's supposed to be for clear and obvious incorrect decisions. Not forensic analysis and 10 to 15 passes back in a move for a nudge off the ball. Slightly exaggerated but that's the gist.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14411 on: November 30, 2023, 08:11:43 AM »
How did Vincius not get sent off he headbutted Kilman who didn't go down now I understand why  players do to get them sent off. Pereira got sent off for less against Palace last time we were in the Prem, which we also had bad Referees United away springs to mind Fernandes should have been sent off then scores, Furlong gets done for Handball when he was jumping and it hits his elbow.

That wasn't a headbutt, it was an example of tartish behaviour which has become the norm. There were more aggressive headbutts dished out in the playground at my primary school. Furlong was handball all day long in my honest opinion.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14412 on: December 03, 2023, 01:41:29 PM »
Love the use of Fatboy Slim Many Prem teams pre match. Wish one would walk out to The Chain also Newcastle Beat United again and my Dad said United's best players were Shaw and Maguire. United fans in meltdown made my Weekend, when will they realise they aren't big anymore

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14413 on: December 04, 2023, 11:26:43 AM »
We have our first PL manager sacking it seems.

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano

🚨🔴 Sheffield United have sacked the manager Paul Heckingbottom. It’s over as he’s the first PL head coach to be fired.

Chris Wilder, set to return on Sheffield Utd bench — as @JPercyTelegraph has revealed.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14414 on: December 04, 2023, 12:30:30 PM »
Ref Hooper has cast doubts on the integrity of Premier league officiating. I know we’ve all questioned them and their parentage in the past but what he did yesterday was inexplicable. He is clearly seen waving play on when Haaland is initially fouled and then as soon as he realises Grealish could be through one on one he blows up and brings play back for no obviously apparent reason ! PGMOL need to come out quit with the apologies and explain the decision clearly and concisely. To me it goes way beyond being a mistake is ell on course for being a genuinely bent decision !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #14415 on: December 04, 2023, 03:06:00 PM »
Ref Hooper has cast doubts on the integrity of Premier league officiating. I know we’ve all questioned them and their parentage in the past but what he did yesterday was inexplicable. He is clearly seen waving play on when Haaland is initially fouled and then as soon as he realises Grealish could be through one on one he blows up and brings play back for no obviously apparent reason ! PGMOL need to come out quit with the apologies and explain the decision clearly and concisely. To me it goes way beyond being a mistake is ell on course for being a genuinely bent decision !

The suspicions of bias, have morphed over time through conspiracy theory into suggestions of corruption, It does seem that the alleged corrupt folks are not able to achieve their "aims" so inconspicuously (more pressure from those corrupting them???)
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14416 on: December 05, 2023, 01:03:40 PM »
Heckingbottom officially sacked at Blades

EDIT - Wilder return officially confirmed.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 02:32:17 PM by gazberg »

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14417 on: December 05, 2023, 09:36:32 PM »
Dingles win 1 0.

Ross Barkley puts Luton 3-2 up against Arsenal

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14418 on: December 05, 2023, 09:38:07 PM »
3-3 now. This is a game

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14419 on: December 05, 2023, 10:15:18 PM »
Arsenal score in the 96th minute to win 4-3

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14420 on: December 06, 2023, 10:26:03 PM »
Vile beat Man City and it never looked in doubt. What a terrible day I'm having 😂

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14421 on: December 07, 2023, 08:52:33 AM »
If its any consolation at all, Gazberg, Villa in the top 6 might mean that potential owners of the Baggies are persuaded that the West Midlands does have a decent football environment.

Have a good day.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14422 on: December 07, 2023, 09:33:14 AM »
If its any consolation at all, Gazberg, Villa in the top 6 might mean that potential owners of the Baggies are persuaded that the West Midlands does have a decent football environment.

Have a good day.

Clutching at straws there mate.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14423 on: December 07, 2023, 10:31:12 AM »
To take attention of our rivals and there hype I did note Wilder said when re appointed there getting him At his best. He had been out of work for months. He was in fact a Pundit for the Posyponed FA Cup Clash on Saturday between Alfreton and Walsall as the MOTD Commentator said. They didn't show much difference from what Heckingbottom had them playing against the Big boys other than 4-4-2. Also Steve Cooper looks to be under enormous pressure. I remember before we got Carlos many of us wouldn't have minded him as Albion gaffer. And Bournemouth are starting to look decent some of the Football they play is very good. I was neither given Andoni Irrola time or against it, just curious to see how it worked. I know some people were defending him, some were against him. I will be interested to see what can Bournemouth do, Is our Roy finally showing his age there were boos last night at Selhurst Park. I love Roy for all he did here so I do hope he can get it sorted or can be let go in a dignified way.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14424 on: December 07, 2023, 12:14:15 PM »
The thing is, for the wages and transfer fees palace currently pay, they'll usually be in the bottom half and not far from flirting with relegation. You can take your pick. You can have a Roy who will probably keep you up 9 times out of 10 playing a more dull form of football and you'll nick some wins here and there and a fair few draws. Or you can go for a more expansive and attractive footballing way of playing and you might have a couple of good seasons and finish in the top half (not winning anything) but be more likely to end up in a relegation battle in more seasons than not.

I mean, you might occasionally get the Thomas Frank or some of the managers Brighton have managed to find, but you need them to stay for a long time or to find the next good thing as soon as they leave (and have a good recruitment department).

Personally I would prefer to play good football and if that means you might flirt with relegation a bit more regularly, then so be it. If you go down, you keep the philosophy and try to get promoted playing good football. We had a bit more stability in the Prem with Roy and Pulis but in the end, what did it do for the club in the long term? And we had to watch some awful football, especially under Pulis.

So, in conclusion, I'd say that I'm not really sure but after our own experience I think I'd err on the side of a more modern progressive coach, although I do see the merits in a Roy in certain cases and maybe for a certain amount of time. If you play good football but lose in the end, at least you had some entertainment from the style of play. If you play rubbish football and end up losing, you've got nothing at all.