Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2247420 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #9200 on: November 01, 2022, 11:26:27 AM »
I really don't know how he does it. Didn't do well here with us, worsened Luton, and then somehow wound up in the England set up and now he's at Newcastle, one of the best teams in England. I think for management staff a lot of it is based on nepotism rather than being a proper manager where your results are scrutinized more. He must be a great talker.

If his online club interviews are anything to go by he is a great talker, certainly likes the sound of his own voice at any rate. Reputedly a very good coach as well in fairness hence the jobs. His problem with us was his ego (or so it appeared to me from the outside looking in).

How he thought he was going to get the likes of Dawson, Hegazi and Bartley playing out from the back with a new keeper who was clearly uncomfortable with some of the balls played to him was next level stubborn though.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9201 on: November 09, 2022, 08:15:16 AM »
Konur says they want Eden Hazard in Jan with a few from Villarreal (standard)

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9202 on: November 09, 2022, 10:33:23 AM »
Konur says they want Eden Hazard in Jan with a few from Villarreal (standard)

Hazard strikes me as a player who is practically finished. Wonderful ability, but has never had the mindset / personality to push himself to be the best he could be or stay at the top for as long as he should have. If I were Villa I wouldnt want to get saddled with him on £100k plus for 2-3 years.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9203 on: November 09, 2022, 10:37:08 AM »
Hazard strikes me as a player who is practically finished. Wonderful ability, but has never had the mindset / personality to push himself to be the best he could be or stay at the top for as long as he should have. If I were Villa I wouldnt want to get saddled with him on £100k plus for 2-3 years.

I'm not Villa and i hate them so i do want them to get saddled with him  ;D

Sadly their owners seem happy to lose hundreds of millions on that club so won't make a jot of difference to them.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9204 on: November 09, 2022, 12:27:01 PM »
They will stay in the Prem purely because of the hundreds of millions they throw at the team but low to middle will not satisfy their deluded following who still think they are a top club.
By the way, how does this fair play rule work?

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9205 on: November 09, 2022, 01:18:38 PM »
Villa have surprised me a bit this last 12 months. After taking Lange and Leth from Copenhagen I expected to see them do a lot of smart business of up and coming players, but apart from the smart pick up of Bounacar Kamara on a free, they don't seem to have been overly cutting edge.

It could be the post Brexit difficulties with visas narrowing the pool but I still expected a bit more.
Boing Boing

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9206 on: November 09, 2022, 02:38:14 PM »
They will stay in the Prem purely because of the hundreds of millions they throw at the team but low to middle will not satisfy their deluded following who still think they are a top club.
By the way, how does this fair play rule work?

It doesn't. If they ever got relegated they would have a massive issue, like QPR did, but as they seem to be the flukiest side going, that will never happen.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9207 on: November 10, 2022, 09:13:30 PM »
Kin ell they are playing Man Utd in the cup, 2nd half kicked off 0-0, nipped to the loo, come back and it's 1-1.

BlackCountryPride68

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #9208 on: November 10, 2022, 09:43:47 PM »
Kin ell they are playing Man Utd in the cup, 2nd half kicked off 0-0, nipped to the loo, come back and it's 1-1.

3-2 now. Some top-drawer defending.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9209 on: November 10, 2022, 09:46:25 PM »
Ain't half!! Watched it on now TV. Only seen the 5th goal. Missed the 3rd and 4th again going for a cuppa water  :-X

BlackCountryPride68

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #9210 on: November 10, 2022, 09:53:23 PM »
Ain't half!! Watched it on now TV. Only seen the 5th goal. Missed the 3rd and 4th again going for a cuppa water  :-X

Make it 4  ;D

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9211 on: November 10, 2022, 09:55:35 PM »
Saw that one too. Just missed goals 1-4  ;D

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9212 on: November 14, 2022, 09:20:44 AM »
Konur

🚨 Aston Villa want to sign Eden Hazard and Nacho Fernandez from Real Madrid.
🇧🇪🇪🇸 🟦 #AVFC ⬜ #HalaMadrid

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9213 on: November 14, 2022, 03:04:15 PM »
Konur

🚨 Aston Villa want to sign Eden Hazard and Nacho Fernandez from Real Madrid.
🇧🇪🇪🇸 🟦 #AVFC ⬜ #HalaMadrid
I wonder when their spending spree will end?
Since their final season in the championship, they've outspent the majority of Premier League clubs. I know they got £100 million for Grealish but even still it's almost insignificant compared to their outgoings. It looks a bit like Randy Lerner's earlier years but without the threat of breaking into the top 4 which is even more difficult than ever with even wealthier clubs now such as Newcastle. Surely the owners will walk away at some point? it doesn't seem sustainable.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9214 on: November 14, 2022, 03:13:11 PM »
I wonder when their spending spree will end?
Since their final season in the championship, they've outspent the majority of Premier League clubs. I know they got £100 million for Grealish but even still it's almost insignificant compared to their outgoings. It looks a bit like Randy Lerner's earlier years but without the threat of breaking into the top 4 which is even more difficult than ever with even wealthier clubs now such as Newcastle. Surely the owners will walk away at some point? it doesn't seem sustainable.

Owners seem happy to blow hundreds of millions on them. We see it time and time again. Owners must have collectively lost near half a billion on them over the last 10 years or so.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9215 on: November 14, 2022, 06:52:06 PM »

Owners seem happy to blow hundreds of millions on them. We see it time and time again. Owners must have collectively lost near half a billion on them over the last 10 years or so.

At least it's only cost us a few bob to become chyte, it's cost them millions
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9216 on: November 14, 2022, 07:07:29 PM »
At least it's only cost us a few bob to become chyte, it's cost them millions

Well we are the opposite, we are owed money by our owner(s) so you could say it's expected i guess

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9218 on: November 17, 2022, 03:15:25 PM »

Just pumped another 40 million into the club with another share issue… I think that’s now over 200 million in share issues since they brought the club.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9219 on: November 17, 2022, 03:28:27 PM »

Pretty bizarre. Even as billionaires, this is a huge number and with no returns it makes little sense.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9220 on: December 22, 2022, 03:34:17 PM »
Brum council have approved phase 1 in regards to their stadium expansion plans.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9221 on: December 22, 2022, 03:52:37 PM »
Brum council have approved phase 1 in regards to their stadium expansion plans.

Meanwhile a lot of locals in the area are unhappy about the new academy facilities being built on their collective doorstep and have been voicing their concerns in the press.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9222 on: December 22, 2022, 03:58:33 PM »
Meanwhile a lot of locals in the area are unhappy about the new academy facilities being built on their collective doorstep and have been voicing their concerns in the press.

I'm unhappy simply living within 10 miles of Vile park so i can't blame them  ;D

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9223 on: January 08, 2023, 06:31:30 PM »
Vile 1 Stevenage 2 Deep Joy ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SOTV

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9224 on: January 08, 2023, 06:33:14 PM »
Brilliant