Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2242890 times)

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2011, 12:53:31 PM »
What an awful song, Im so glad we dont do anything like that.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

baggiejules

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2011, 01:14:42 PM »
Oh my god. I don't think I've ever seen something so cringeworthy and small time in my life!! Incredible!!

Jesus christ it sounds like a f**king Christmas Carol!!

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2011, 01:32:02 PM »
I think its brilliant.  Absolutely hilarious.  ;D

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2011, 01:44:20 PM »
Do Villa actually have an anthem as such? Other than that hypocritical song about an alcoholic ex player?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2011, 02:02:54 PM »
I am embarrassed for them.Shocking.I suppose they are entering Britons got talent.
Looks like most of them like pies too
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

baggiejules

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2011, 02:12:27 PM »
Do Villa actually have an anthem as such? Other than that hypocritical song about an alcoholic ex player?

Yeah they do, the lyrics are just "Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllaaaaaa" in a high pitched girls voice.

BaggieSean

« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2011, 04:36:17 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gmReDmRCjg&feature=player_embedded

Oh **** me, nearly got a rollocking from the boss from the effort to try and not laugh hysterically in the office.

albionproud70

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2011, 04:50:55 PM »
Oh my....
Im so pleased to have seen that...
It really does reafirm my absolute hate for this despicable bunch of arrogant inbred morons...
Really they are a total embarrasment to the region..
And the sooner we show them up for the utter garbage they are the better...
To say it is jaw achingly pathetic is an undersatement...
Trully awfull and so so typical of their percieved status in football...
Really they are  deluded and judging by that video half of them are inmates of one of Gok Wans television shows...

BaggieJames114

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2011, 04:53:48 PM »
Oh dear, hahahhaha.  ;D

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2011, 04:55:57 PM »
I wonder if they'll have the words on the big screen before the match on Sunday?  :D

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2011, 06:39:42 PM »
Shameless, desperate, embarrassing. if they think this season is bad by their "standards" wait till they lose Diver Young and "He"s rubbish" Downing etc in the summer and thats if they survive.
My chest goes tight even writing about these twonks, if they go down the good lord can take me there and then, i wont argue, but they bleedin wont so lets just beat em at ours (26 years and counting).

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2011, 08:20:56 PM »
It just seems a bunch of lines put together without any real meaning. Hilarious video, chap at the front in blue looks like he's some type of conductor!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

BaggieSean

« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2011, 10:03:29 PM »

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2011, 11:45:12 PM »
Try harder...that was pooh............next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Rich99

« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2011, 01:33:22 AM »
Fair play to them for the effort, the song however is shockingly poor.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2011, 03:16:28 AM »
no wonder they only clap....veeeellla ha
O Albion we love you

BlackCountryVilla

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2011, 10:45:54 AM »
lmao. They are a desperate, desperate club.

As I have said on another site, this song is a club orientated thing and I am told no fans have been involved in the organisation of it.

They really need to be relegated. They deserve it on this song alone.  :D
It has all been organised by the fans, not the club. The fans are organising the 'bring a scarf' for the Newcastle game and the fans have organised the Bells Are Ringing song. It used to be sung by our fans in the 60's, 70's and 80's and it was decided thats the song our fans wanted brought back. The fans arranged the meeting on monday and the recording, all the club have done is allow the fans to use the Holte Suite on monday, publicised both initiatives and said they'll play the song before the game on sunday.

Did you know we won the European Cup?

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2011, 11:04:42 AM »
How do you feel about it BCV?

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2011, 11:11:12 AM »
It has all been organised by the fans, not the club. The fans are organising the 'bring a scarf' for the Newcastle game and the fans have organised the Bells Are Ringing song. It used to be sung by our fans in the 60's, 70's and 80's and it was decided thats the song our fans wanted brought back. The fans arranged the meeting on monday and the recording, all the club have done is allow the fans to use the Holte Suite on monday, publicised both initiatives and said they'll play the song before the game on sunday.

From the information I was given, it was suggested by the club that the fans would get together and get some kind of initiative together. The song choice maybe from the fans, but the initial idea and work was done by the club. I'm not going to name the person who told me but I know several people at the club.

As for the bring a scalf day, wasn't that a facebook group with about 700 fans on it?

As I say it crys out desperation to me.

BlackCountryVilla

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2011, 11:25:50 AM »
From the information I was given, it was suggested by the club that the fans would get together and get some kind of initiative together. The song choice maybe from the fans, but the initial idea and work was done by the club. I'm not going to name the person who told me but I know several people at the club.

As for the bring a scalf day, wasn't that a facebook group with about 700 fans on it?

As I say it crys out desperation to me.
Polls were done on our message boards and it was decided TBAR was the best choice, a few guys off different boards then pushed it and pushed it and contacted the club with the idea. The club said they would publicise any fan initiative and back it but wanted it to be fan organised, and the fans wanted it that way aswell. The same guys then asked the club if it would be possible to get fans down at VP and get a recording of the song done, and again the club said yes. Like i said the fans have done all the work and it was all the fans' idea, the club have just backed it and supported the idea.
As for the scarf idea, a lad suggested that everyone should take a scarf on sunday to add a bit more atmosphere and it just took off from there. Again the club put it on the website publicising it, but it was all fan organised again.

As for how i feel about it, i think anything that adds a bit of noise to VP can only be a good thing. Theres been zero atmosphere this season, and for most games for years, and anything has to be better than that and the negative booing.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2011, 11:41:35 AM »
Again the club put it on the website publicising it, but it was all fan organised again.

As for how i feel about it, i think anything that adds a bit of noise to VP can only be a good thing. Theres been zero atmosphere this season, and for most games for years, and anything has to be better than that and the negative booing.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one then :-)

I've been to Villa Park on a few occations this season and to be honest you are right about the atmosphere at Villa Park, with the exception of Spurs on boxing day, I thought the fans were ok that day to be fair.

I have had some good fun rubbing it in with the current situation. But anything to help the atmosphere should only be a good thing, right?

I am not sure about the choice of song to be honest, as it does come across as cringeworthy and I got the impression from the video not everyone knew the words.

I shall be there on Sunday (obviously hoping for a Newcastle win) but I cannot see this idea working to be honest.

We shall see.

BlackCountryVilla

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2011, 12:01:43 PM »
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one then :-)

I've been to Villa Park on a few occations this season and to be honest you are right about the atmosphere at Villa Park, with the exception of Spurs on boxing day, I thought the fans were ok that day to be fair.

I have had some good fun rubbing it in with the current situation. But anything to help the atmosphere should only be a good thing, right?

I am not sure about the choice of song to be honest, as it does come across as cringeworthy and I got the impression from the video not everyone knew the words.

I shall be there on Sunday (obviously hoping for a Newcastle win) but I cannot see this idea working to be honest.

We shall see.
The song was chosen because it has lots of history with us. Our fans used to sing it back in the day and there are many tales of it being sung for 30 minutes plus at places like Anfield, and whenever we used to win a home game the Aston church used to ring its bells which is where the song came from. It may not get everyone singing on sunday and it may take a while to take off properly, we'll see. Either way though, some noise is better than no noise and it will be another song for us to sing at away games aswell because imo our away support is up there with the best in the country, like we were fantastic at Everton but our song book can get a bit repetitive.

Where you sitting on sunday? I hope you're taking a scarf ;)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2011, 12:09:40 PM »
The cameo role by the one singing Claret & Blue Claret & blue makes me laugh my socks off
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2011, 12:18:50 PM »
The cameo role by the one singing Claret & Blue Claret & blue makes me laugh my socks off

lol I know exactly which bit you mean. I nearly fell off my chair yesterday and the boss was giving me funny looks when I saw it.

Where you sitting on sunday? I hope you're taking a scarf ;)

Trinity Road, and I won't be taking a scarf. It's bad enough having to sit in a $%£@ hole, let alone wear $%£@ as well.  :D

I bleed blue & white. Fortunately, I seem to have a record of every time I visit Villa Park in the home end as a ‘neutral’ (cough ;) ), Villa seem to lose and I would like to keep that tradition going.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2011, 12:24:51 PM »
SURELY this is some kind of typing mistake?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm0QLypXn8g&feature=relmfu
Villa View - Why late goals could have cost Houllier's men a Champions League spot