Author Topic: If you could Tell Roy  (Read 6473 times)

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

If you could Tell Roy
« on: January 02, 2012, 01:58:35 AM »
If you could tell Roy Hodgson one thing what would it be?

Mine would be utilise your bench!

HAPPY NEW YEAR also

heres to the start of a cup run....
O Albion we love you

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

Re: If you could Tell Roy
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 02:17:18 AM »
Don't be afraid to make changes early. If it's obviously not workign after 45 mins (like today), then change it, don't just keep plodding away at it
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 02:28:41 AM »
I don't think there's any reason to expect Mr. Hodgson to listen to my input, so I'd ask him why he doesn't have or want to have any strategy for scoring goals other than counterattacking with pacy strikers.

tipton baggie 80

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 02:49:52 AM »
Mine would be to not read message boards where its either doom and gloom one week or all is rosy in the garden the next. And to continue going about his business, based on having all the facts to hand; a full understanding as to the attitudes of players, an appreciation of performances levels during training throughout the week, degrees of injuries that people are carrying etc.

And can we please stop calling him Roy. Done affectionately or not / in good spirits or not, I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate it.
West Bromwich Albion, finishing above Staffordshire's finest when in the same league over the last 12 years

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 03:04:03 AM »
Then I'd try to squeeze in another  :D . Your wide midfielders seem...I don't know, confused or uncomfortable or something, with their roles and have been the biggest underachievers this season. What do you want from that position and how is it different from what you want from your central midfielders?

Mine would be to not read message boards where its either doom and gloom one week or all is rosy in the garden the next. And to continue going about his business, based on having all the facts to hand; a full understanding as to the attitudes of players, an appreciation of performances levels during training throughout the week, degrees of injuries that people are carrying etc.

One would think he doesn't need to be told that.  ;)

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 08:30:03 AM »
I'd simply say loosen the restrictive reigns hes put on the team at home. 

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 08:40:05 AM »
more inventiveness please roy. no width, no crosses, not enough service to the front men equals no goals.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 09:52:16 AM »
Id say "please sign a new deal your a very solid manager for us".

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 09:54:41 AM »
Be more positive at home, against teams we are capable fo beating.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

GAZZER

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 10:26:07 AM »
Believe we can win by attacking more at home when the pressure is on us to win more games. Width is what we need, when we have that we play well and look more dangerous.

johnthebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 10:26:14 AM »
Stop being so stubborn.

Stop using football matches to strop about needing players. To not make changes yesterday just to make a point about the squad not being strong enough is like a child throwing his toys out and sulking.

Stop expecting Jeremy to change his policy on transfers. It won't happen.

Stop dreaming of the England job, that won't happen either.

dobie86

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 11:16:14 AM »
now ive calmed down i can sort of understand why he didnt use any subs. the only player on the the bench who could of made any diference to our team yesterday was somen tchoyi. any other changes would have been like for like. had he used tchoyi he would not have tracked bk and helped out the defence,so as it was at 0-0 roy was happy to take a point n move on (we would now be talking about a 4 match unbeaten run and how amazing we are!) instead scharner made a horrible mistake and cost us a point. however after the goal i do think roy shouuld have thrown cox and tchoyi on and jus had a go (a shot on target wouldve been nice!) ive never understood why cox gets slated,im willing to bet he wouldve packed that chance away that pete blazed over. also well done craig dawson,solid performance! keep the faith roy is a quality coach (he is being touted for the england job for christ sake!) we will finish mid-table. boing boing! HAPPY NEW YEAR
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 11:20:32 AM by B_H_Baggie »

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 11:51:32 AM »
That you can afford to attack a team at home, and not play on the counter attack. That we should be aiming to score more goals at home.
Boing Boing

Mulumbu99

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 11:53:38 AM »
sign a new deal.

daen23

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 12:59:41 PM »
Get some decent width into the team, or at least tell wingers to try get the ball into the box. I don't see any real creativity or attacking thrust otherwise.

clemsleftfoot

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 01:40:01 PM »
Thank you very much roy

signed D.moyes

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 01:52:55 PM »
I wonder what Roy would say back  ;D, i wonder what he would say to you if he watched you incharge of the albion for a game ? probably just pish himself to be honest. This board has me in stitches, if i could tell him something it would be what a fantastic job hes done, i can imagine some giving him managerial advice of this board :D.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 02:11:01 PM »
I wonder what Roy would say back  ;D, i wonder what he would say to you if he watched you incharge of the albion for a game ? probably just pish himself to be honest. This board has me in stitches, if i could tell him something it would be what a fantastic job hes done, i can imagine some giving him managerial advice of this board :D.

thats what these boards are for! so that everyone can express their own opinion and discuss. roys a professional football coach of 35 years he does it to earn his living why would he be interested in advice from these boards?

« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 02:30:55 PM by B_H_Baggie »

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 03:23:37 PM »
thats what these boards are for! so that everyone can express their own opinion and discuss. roys a professional football coach of 35 years he does it to earn his living why would he be interested in advice from these boards?

Maybe because some people think they would make a better manager than him? Don't get me wrong our team has issues like any other team in the Premier League but to me Albion fans seem to take it too far in thinking they would do a much better job than Hodgson.

And before someone shoots me down with 'this is a message board everyone has their own opinions' - well there is my opinion on some Albion fans.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2012, 03:35:18 PM »
I haven't seen anyone say they could do a better job than Roy.

I have seen some people say that we shouldn't question his decisions because he's a manager and we're not.  Seems a bit daft to me, JP has to question Roy's decisions and he has as much knowledge of coaching that you or I.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 03:59:09 PM »

And can we please stop calling him Roy. Done affectionately or not / in good spirits or not, I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate it.

I don't follow what you mean there?

I'm not sure what I'd say to him. I like how he gets annoyed when we're losing, cause I do too. RDM always appeared to be Mr Cool and hardly ever said anything when standing on the touchline. I prefer vocal managers.

I think it would be along the lines of asking him to give Dorrans some more time on the pitch. There's obviously a good reason why he hasn't played more, but Dozza's one of my fave players.

tipton baggie 80

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 04:02:23 PM »

I'm not sure what I'd say to him. I like how he gets annoyed when we're losing, cause I do too. RDM always appeared to be Mr Cool and hardly ever said anything when standing on the touchline. I prefer vocal managers.

I think it would be along the lines of asking him to give Dorrans some more time on the pitch. There's obviously a good reason why he hasn't played more, but Dozza's one of my fave players.

That part of my message you highlighted was when this thread was titled "If you could tell W-o-y". To which i responded can we not call him that. Thankfully it's been changed since and there appears to be some sort of auto correct now.
West Bromwich Albion, finishing above Staffordshire's finest when in the same league over the last 12 years

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2012, 04:03:27 PM »

How angry he was when we conceded against Everton was how angry he should have been throughout the second half.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2012, 04:28:00 PM »
Maybe because some people think they would make a better manager than him? Don't get me wrong our team has issues like any other team in the Premier League but to me Albion fans seem to take it too far in thinking they would do a much better job than Hodgson.

And before someone shoots me down with 'this is a message board everyone has their own opinions' - well there is my opinion on some Albion fans.

isnt that just the passion that following your football team evokes? and why we keep coming. as long as it doesnt resort to personal insults or negative support at games on the scale of blackburn then i cant really see the problem to be honest. its just opinions which roy wouldnt lose any sleep over im sure

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2012, 04:35:55 PM »

Give us your opinion bob and we can all just copy and paste it, get us all singing from the same hymn sheet, and then log off after one post (because after all, once one person has said the party line then who needs to continue posting after that?).

Boing Boing