Author Topic: 14 Jan 2023 Luton Town 2 Albion 3  (Read 13767 times)

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

Re: match officials
« Reply #225 on: January 15, 2023, 10:28:24 AM »
Best referee in the league by some way. Was excellent yesterday. He’ll be in the PL next season for sure.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #226 on: January 15, 2023, 10:42:51 AM »
What a win, best win of the season to date, and this could be a real turning point. Amazing to see what a manager can do in a pretty short space of time. Long may it continue.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #227 on: January 15, 2023, 01:15:13 PM »
Only dampener from yesterday is that all of our promotion rivals picked up points (unless you count Blackburn and Luton, which I don't).
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #228 on: January 15, 2023, 05:00:58 PM »
Cant do anybetter than beating the teams around us, luton were above us dont forget mate

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #229 on: January 15, 2023, 05:11:40 PM »
Cant do anybetter than beating the teams around us, luton were above us dont forget mate

Underestimating yesterday's win would be foolish by anyone who does it, that is a very tough place to go and win under any circumstances, but to do it from 2-0 down is fairly incredible

socalbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #230 on: January 15, 2023, 06:31:22 PM »
Impressive win no doubt and battling back from a 2-0 deficit away from home is quite impressive especially after clawing our way back and taking the lead with still about 20 min left in the match let’s not forget Luton we’re on quite a run themselves and full of confidence. Team kept their heads up and showed some real character in this match. Can’t say enough about CC and the job he has done getting us into the playoff spots but that was only half the battle now we gotta keep this going and stay there!

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #231 on: January 15, 2023, 08:32:51 PM »
Fully agree.  We are not at peak performance levels yet. Lot more to come.

We are at our peak imo , and we need reinforcements to rotate before the likes of Okay's 7 out 10 performance goes further down as due to the way we now play.

They're not machines, and rotation isn't what top managers due folly, but necessity. It just unrealistic that these players won't burn out like Leeds did, not long ago.

I wouldn't play the Luton 11 on Tuesday. It's just asking for trouble  before the Burnley game.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #232 on: January 15, 2023, 09:16:16 PM »
We are at our peak imo , and we need reinforcements to rotate before the likes of Okay's 7 out 10 performance goes further down as due to the way we now play.

They're not machines, and rotation isn't what top managers due folly, but necessity. It just unrealistic that these players won't burn out like Leeds did, not long ago.

I wouldn't play the Luton 11 on Tuesday. It's just asking for trouble  before the Burnley game.

I disagree, we are still a work in progress for me but yes, 2/3 decent loan signings would be appreciated

Baggiee_Boyy_Benn

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #233 on: January 16, 2023, 12:47:32 AM »
I disagree, we are still a work in progress for me but yes, 2/3 decent loan signings would be appreciated

Still plenty to come from the squad and from CC.

Been changes occurring in our play on a weekly bases, few weeks ago Molumby started taking up a wide position on the right when attacking.

Against Luton the fullbacks were incredibly high CT coming through the middle at times.

There’s changes every week.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #234 on: January 16, 2023, 07:49:16 AM »
no doubt about it that was a great comeback, just a little concerned conceding the two so easily.

some good comments from opposition supporters, best team to have played there for some time some said.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 08:21:40 AM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #235 on: January 16, 2023, 08:34:17 AM »
We are at our peak imo , and we need reinforcements to rotate before the likes of  Okay's 7 out 10  performance goes further down as due to the way we now play.

Most players are performing near their best form Dike imo is still working towards peak fitness and  I would expect to get better and stronger and we still have to see the best of Swift.
I don't agree with this burnout talk these are fit athletes who should be able to play a few games of football without needing a rest.Two or three additions this month wouldn't go amiss but that's unlikely.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 08:38:12 AM by KYA »

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #236 on: January 16, 2023, 12:44:07 PM »
When we were 2 down I just had total faith in the team and popped £10 on the boys at 14/1 - happy days😂

My mate sent me a text to say it was a rollover on the Lottery I said it's even a rollover at Luton seeing as we were 2-0 down, oh me of little faith.  :-X
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE