Author Topic: After Match Debate  (Read 3140 times)

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2022, 07:43:35 PM »
I’ve just read most of the Stoke meltdown from the game. I may have a short memory, but I distinctly remember similar comments on here quite recently, and many months before. Three wins on the bounce is great, but only because we compare them with the disappointing results before. I’m not so much long in the tooth, more, I shouldn’t have any teeth remaining. However, there’s a spark of hope. As a fan, that’s all we need. Life is short. Grab that spark and glow.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2022, 09:02:45 PM »
I’ve just read most of the Stoke meltdown from the game. I may have a short memory, but I distinctly remember similar comments on here quite recently, and many months before. Three wins on the bounce is great, but only because we compare them with the disappointing results before. I’m not so much long in the tooth, more, I shouldn’t have any teeth remaining. However, there’s a spark of hope. As a fan, that’s all we need. Life is short. Grab that spark and glow.

Any meltdowns on here concerning the management were fully justified, as is being proven now, those that were making it about the squad less so as we were never as bad as many were trying to make out that we were. It is just so refreshing to actually see us developing as a side, very early days of course and there will be setbacks along the way, but CC is developing a side you are able to get behind, an actual team instead of a collection of individuals strung together and thrown on the pitch with no strategy like the previous regime gave us.

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2022, 11:01:42 PM »
I remember reading a post by a Geordie on Twitter a few months ago saying they all believed their squad of players were all terrible then realised it was actually Bruce’s coaching once he’s left them.

How we persisted with Bruce & didn’t sack him in the summer is absolutely baffling, we may have been able to get Carlos in as well although I think he’d have still taken the Olympiacos job at the time.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2022, 04:38:54 AM »
Any meltdowns on here concerning the management were fully justified, as is being proven now, those that were making it about the squad less so as we were never as bad as many were trying to make out that we were. It is just so refreshing to actually see us developing as a side, very early days of course and there will be setbacks along the way, but CC is developing a side you are able to get behind, an actual team instead of a collection of individuals strung together and thrown on the pitch with no strategy like the previous regime gave us.

They were.
I was critical of the overly abusive reaction to Bruce at the time, but with hindsight, I was wrong, it was justified, I always like to give any manager a chance but on this occasion, he really didn't deserve much grace.
Baggie in Southampton

bigcyrille

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2022, 09:56:39 AM »
I have read the whole of this thread over the weekend, they really are in meltdown mode!

It's a cracking read. The comments about Andy Johnson's commentary are funny.
He certainly is like an excited puppy!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2022, 10:00:54 AM »
It's a cracking read. The comments about Andy Johnson's commentary are funny.
He certainly is like an excited puppy!

Yeah, the comments about Andy Johnson made me laugh ;D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2022, 02:47:44 PM »
Not one for gloating but seeing as we have history with them I made a nice cup of tea and got a piece of cake before settling down to read that thread .
Enjoyable  ;D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.