Author Topic: OFFICIAL EUROPEAN FOOTBALL THREAD  (Read 97638 times)

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: OFFICIAL EUROPEAN FOOTBALL THREAD
« Reply #650 on: September 07, 2022, 12:05:30 AM »
Remember that bloke Bilic wanted to sign ……… just given Dynamo Zagreb the lead against Chelsea !
Orsic. I remember being disappointed that didn't go through. Would almost certainly  have given us more than Grant, not that he is a classic target man.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #651 on: September 07, 2022, 09:41:02 AM »
Remember that bloke Bilic wanted to sign ………

...... instead of Diangana with a view to crossing the ball to his number one central target Grant.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #652 on: October 09, 2022, 01:41:29 PM »
Iker Casillas Tweeted

"I hope they respect me: I'm gay"

A brave decision to put this in the public domain

But it makes no difference to me, I will always respect him as he was just an exceptionally good goalkeeper in his day.

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #653 on: October 09, 2022, 01:54:53 PM »
Iker Casillas Tweeted

"I hope they respect me: I'm gay"

A brave decision to put this in the public domain

But it makes no difference to me, I will always respect him as he was just an exceptionally good goalkeeper in his day.

From what I recall, his wife worked on Spanish sports TV and was absolutely stunning

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #654 on: October 09, 2022, 02:02:46 PM »
From what I recall, his wife worked on Spanish sports TV and was absolutely stunning

Yep, Sara Carbonero. She is a really beauty. They have two children together and were divorced recently
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #655 on: October 09, 2022, 02:03:21 PM »
It's almost certainly a twitter hack

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #656 on: October 09, 2022, 02:12:21 PM »
It's almost certainly a twitter hack

What leads you to that conclusion?

This is his twitter page

https://twitter.com/IkerCasillas

And it looks genuine to me
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #657 on: October 09, 2022, 02:20:53 PM »
What leads you to that conclusion?

This is his twitter page

https://twitter.com/IkerCasillas

And it looks genuine to me

Well yeah, his account has most likely been hacked.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #658 on: October 09, 2022, 02:26:17 PM »
Well yeah, his account has most likely been hacked.

But how do you know? Is there something glaringly obvious? Exactly what makes you say that?

I would like to know what it is, so that I can be aware in the future
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #659 on: October 09, 2022, 02:50:01 PM »
Rumours in Spain saying it was a poorly judged joke in reaction to rumours about his love life in the Spanish media.
Boing Boing

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #660 on: October 09, 2022, 03:13:43 PM »
Yeah, apparently he posted it stop fake rumours linking him with women every week including an actress recently.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #661 on: October 09, 2022, 03:17:19 PM »
Rumours in Spain saying it was a poorly judged joke in reaction to rumours about his love life in the Spanish media.

So, not hacked then?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #662 on: October 09, 2022, 03:39:43 PM »
Yep, a poorly judged tweeted joke by Iker that he has now deleted
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #663 on: October 09, 2022, 04:34:14 PM »
Iker now saying he deleted the tweet as he was hacked
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #664 on: October 13, 2022, 08:49:41 PM »
Manchester United opponents tonight in the Europa League are  Cypriot side Omonia Nicosia who are managed by Neil Lennon

HT 0-0

United are making hard work of this in the first half

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #665 on: November 07, 2022, 05:54:50 PM »
Ex-Stokie Eric Choupo-Moting has now scored 8 goals in just 12 appearances for Bayern Munich this season.  I bet the Stokies are kicking themselves allowing him to leave on a  free.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #666 on: December 31, 2022, 02:50:44 PM »
Scott Parker set to be named boss of Club Brugge

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #667 on: December 31, 2022, 07:06:28 PM »

Good news  as he could have gone to Norwich and got a tune out them.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #668 on: December 31, 2022, 08:35:01 PM »
Good news  as he could have gone to Norwich and got a tune out them.

Officially appointed now

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #669 on: January 01, 2023, 04:22:24 PM »
Interesting to see how he gets on. English managers usually struggle with European clubs. Gary Neville, Nigel Pearson, Pardew, McLaren mixed success. Though of course Potter and Roy bucked the trend, Fotheringham did a half decent job at Hertha.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 04:24:46 PM by alex1 »

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #670 on: January 01, 2023, 10:34:15 PM »
Interesting to see how he gets on. English managers usually struggle with European clubs. Gary Neville, Nigel Pearson, Pardew, McLaren mixed success. Though of course Potter and Roy bucked the trend, Fotheringham did a half decent job at Hertha.

Mclaren won the league with Twente, I think. But, that was surpassed by his  interview in "Dutch".

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #671 on: January 31, 2023, 06:58:38 AM »
An interesting story to keep an eye on in France with a bit of an English flavour.

Reims are currently on a 12 match unbeaten run, with a 30 year old coach in charge. Will Still is Anglo-Belgian, born in Belgium to English parents. He played youth football in Belgian academies but didn't quite make it as a pro footballer instead deciding to study coaching after "enjoying football manager". Having worked at Preston as a youth coach and then in Belgium, Still is now in charge at Reims, who pay a €25000 fine each game due to his lack of the required coaching badge. He looks on the early showing that he might be the rarest of things- an English coach who could manage at the highest level.

Their latest result was a late 1-1 draw at PSG, the equaliser scored by Arsenal loanee and England under 21 international Folarin Balogun. Balogun has 11 goals for the season so far, only 2 behind top scorer Kylian Mbappe. With the drop off from Liam Delap, I'm hoping Balogun returns to Arsenal next season and has the same impact as Eddie Nketiah and gets into international contention soon. As with our increasing number of dual national footballers, Balogun is also being courted by the USA and Nigeria who he also qualifies for.
Boing Boing

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #672 on: January 31, 2023, 07:22:36 AM »

Going back further Bobby Robson's European managerial career wasn't too shabby overall. And although not with a European club John Hardman's having a decent time with the Canadian national team.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #673 on: February 08, 2023, 12:05:47 AM »
An interesting story to keep an eye on in France with a bit of an English flavour.

Reims are currently on a 12 match unbeaten run, with a 30 year old coach in charge. Will Still is Anglo-Belgian, born in Belgium to English parents. He played youth football in Belgian academies but didn't quite make it as a pro footballer instead deciding to study coaching after "enjoying football manager". Having worked at Preston as a youth coach and then in Belgium, Still is now in charge at Reims, who pay a €25000 fine each game due to his lack of the required coaching badge. He looks on the early showing that he might be the rarest of things- an English coach who could manage at the highest level.

Their latest result was a late 1-1 draw at PSG, the equaliser scored by Arsenal loanee and England under 21 international Folarin Balogun. Balogun has 11 goals for the season so far, only 2 behind top scorer Kylian Mbappe. With the drop off from Liam Delap, I'm hoping Balogun returns to Arsenal next season and has the same impact as Eddie Nketiah and gets into international contention soon. As with our increasing number of dual national footballers, Balogun is also being courted by the USA and Nigeria who he also qualifies for.

Never know, we could always try for Balogun on a Premier League loan as a newly promoted club next season  ;)  ;)  ;) .

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #674 on: February 08, 2023, 01:19:11 AM »
Going back further Bobby Robson's European managerial career wasn't too shabby overall. And although not with a European club John Hardman's having a decent time with the Canadian national team.

Even further back than that our very own fa cup winning (nearly the double) Vic Buckingham, taught the likes of Ajax and Barcelona how to play "total football".