Author Topic: FA Cup  (Read 93530 times)

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

Re: FA Cup
« Reply #525 on: July 06, 2023, 06:46:55 PM »
With regard to the tv side of things I thought it was one of the major sporting events that had a protected status and must be available to free to air channels !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #526 on: July 06, 2023, 08:56:12 PM »
It's a disgrace. Replays are the life and soul of the lower league and none league teams in the draw. Its how can we stop the big sides from not losing. And not having it on the last weekend of season is poor show.
O Albion we love you

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #527 on: November 04, 2023, 04:38:52 PM »
League 2 Swindon (inc Charlie Austin) currently losing 7-0 at home to conference side Aldershot Town
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #528 on: November 04, 2023, 05:03:48 PM »
League 2 Swindon (inc Charlie Austin) currently losing 7-0 at home to conference side Aldershot Town

Ended 7-4, Austin scoring 2 late goals

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #529 on: January 06, 2024, 01:23:16 PM »
That coward Ballard scores an OG to put Newcastle ahead in the derby.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #530 on: January 06, 2024, 01:42:12 PM »
Wouldn't be sad if someone paid him some very close attention.  If not now perhaps Cedric in the return match.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #531 on: January 06, 2024, 02:06:16 PM »
Sunderland making an absolute mess at the back 0-2 to Newcastle Issac. Almrion was gifted the ball cut it across Issac Tap in. Sunderland need to stop passing it out from the back against Almrion and Issac. Maidstone beating Stevenage 1-0, Coventry 4-1 against Oxford and Leicester beating Milwall 1-2. Last night Wolves got a replay will have to watch it back but I felt Gomes slipped and caught the man badly. Tommy Doyle with a belter got them a replay. Fulham beat Rotherham 1-0 Decordova Reid with another cracker, Spurs also beat Burnley 1-0. Burnley frustrated me they weren't to bad but why haven't they played like that all season. Pedro Porro scored a Le Tiss like Strike except maybe to close for Le Tiss the swerve and curl on it I thought it had hit the net behind by the way Muric didn't do anything. Dominic Calvert Lewin should not have been sent off did he even catch the Palace player if there was contact it was minimal almost like he brushed he knee. Slow motion made it look worse especially from the rubbish angle the VAR used. ITV's normal speed and different angles show little if any contact. Dive even from the Palace player. Newcastle are all over Sunderland now
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #532 on: January 06, 2024, 02:09:24 PM »
Wouldn't be sad if someone paid him some very close attention.  If not now perhaps Cedric in the return match.

I'm hoping they don't to be fair. Ref sees it whomever could be looking at a red card and a ban. Ref doesn't see it and whomever looks at a retrospective ban. Just play the game.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #533 on: January 06, 2024, 04:03:02 PM »
Just like the ref saw Ballard's tackle on Maja.  Still you're probably right even though there is no retrospective if a yellow card is given. 
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #534 on: January 07, 2024, 09:59:15 AM »
Just like the ref saw Ballard's tackle on Maja.  Still you're probably right even though there is no retrospective if a yellow card is given.

Ironically the ref made two mistakes for the price of one with Ballard. Saw a red card offence and awarded a yellow when justice would have been better served not even awarding a free kick.

Never rely on a referee to get something right while remembering they rarely if ever get everything wrong. Play the game in the right spirit and to the whistle.

Ballard may even go over an advertising hoarding and do himself a horrendous injury at ours. Now how sad would that be  ;) ?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #535 on: January 07, 2024, 03:27:49 PM »
Bamford just scored a beauty against Posh for Leeds

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #536 on: January 07, 2024, 04:21:26 PM »
Bamford just scored a beauty against Posh for Leeds

As I said in the match against Leeds... I have always rated Bamford. I couldn't understand why they didn't play him against us from the start

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #537 on: January 07, 2024, 05:48:10 PM »
The one thing that is annoying me is the Big Boys want Replays scrapped. But then you see them making changes for games like us say at Old Trafford or The Emirates, they know we will have a good following and be playing at out best a likely full strength team, they then do predictable pretty football score, miss a shed a load of chances. We or whoever get spurred on play a long ball to say Dike, he slots it in gets a replay. Well  a few things. 1 name a side that isn't taking the mick our wasn't today. In fact ours is what I expect a lot of the top six to do some Bench Player's or Player's coming back and kids. Try and change it up tactically, when Albion played Darlo in the senior Cup Albion stopped playing pretty football and went Non League on Darlo. Once Darlo had regained there composure they drew. That is fine If that was Albion against say Aldershot away today fine we tried they obviously will not give up. Two taking the replays away takes tradition away and also removes the chance of say Solihull Moors getting on the Box and getting money of facing say Arsenal at there place. Three it's alright complaining about Fixture congestion. But not being funny they have all the money so have lots of the best youth players who you see play against say Blues but. The big team wins that lad then isn't played in say the UCL, PL or EFL Cup despite them having injuries or People away for AFCON or Asian Cup. Why not play them. City are the only team and now maybe Chelsea who play a mixture of youth and First team although Foden and Alvraez still played and why because City want to see how good Oscar Bobb is is he like Foden. There is a load of replays now. Stop moaning if you don't take it seriously. I'd love Albion to swap with you to have all the kids and back up talent you do. Our selection today was perfectly balanced and crucially was planned in advance so Carlos knew they could win. I'm not saying the bigger boys don't plan but they have PL business a few days ago and rest days. They ay thinking about possible kids like us. In simple terms take the Cup seriously or stop moaning. The Replays are inconvenient but a lot of  the reason your there is your fault and maybe use the kids your playing more often.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #538 on: January 09, 2024, 01:58:26 PM »
Embarassing dive from Fernandez, again, to win a pen. v the mighty Wigan.  The problem though is with the refs. They should be handing out more yellow cards for simulation. Do some technical workshops on what force is needed to unbalance a fit athletic man. If that was the case, I reckon Fernandez would be permanently suspended, but of course he's far from being the only one.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #539 on: January 09, 2024, 02:03:06 PM »
Embarassing dive from Fernandez, again, to win a pen. v the mighty Wigan.  The problem though is with the refs. They should be handing out more yellow cards for simulation. Do some technical workshops on what force is needed to unbalance a fit athletic man. If that was the case, I reckon Fernandez would be permanently suspended, but of course he's far from being the only one.

Grealish would never have finished a game for the Vile during their run in for the playoffs. Now there's a thought. An alternate reality where Villa missed out on promotion, we went up and were in their position now and they went bust....

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #540 on: January 09, 2024, 02:12:45 PM »
Grealish would never have finished a game for the Vile during their run in for the playoffs. Now there's a thought. An alternate reality where Villa missed out on promotion, we went up and were in their position now and they went bust....

what have you been told about soiling your nether regions? Not a good look ! ;D
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #541 on: January 27, 2024, 01:23:18 PM »
Maidstone 1 up at Portman Road  23 percent possession Ipswich had 14 shots, Maidstone 1 shot 1 goal

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #542 on: January 27, 2024, 01:56:11 PM »
Saramiento made it 1-1 they nicked our he's magic you know chant to.
Edit 1-2 Maidstone Sam Corne

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #543 on: January 27, 2024, 01:59:16 PM »
Sarmiento the one caught in midfield for that second Maidstone goal

He/him

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #544 on: January 27, 2024, 02:35:50 PM »
Maidstone go through, 2-1 win at Ipswich

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #545 on: January 27, 2024, 02:40:30 PM »
Shock of the round so far

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #546 on: February 28, 2024, 08:47:47 PM »
Lewis Koumas, son of Jason,  scores on his first start for Liverpool

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #547 on: February 28, 2024, 10:07:22 PM »
Annoying the Dingles have an easy route to the semis now.

throstle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #548 on: February 28, 2024, 10:16:33 PM »
If Leicester get through to semis, our game against them on April 20th will need to be rearranged.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #549 on: February 28, 2024, 10:53:24 PM »
Annoying the Dingles have an easy route to the semis now.

I was delighted when Villa got to the FA Cup Final against Arsenal as I could see what was heading their way in the form of an absolute pumping. I honestly wouldn't mind if Villa and Wolves alternated FA Cup Final appearances so long as they both do the decent thing and take a fisting in an uncomfortable place every time they get there.