Author Topic: As expected  (Read 3946 times)

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

As expected
« on: January 30, 2016, 06:27:51 PM »
WBA Is a mess. The manager is a dinosaur and while he should be credited for keeping us up last year and for how he has managed to grin out points this year he isn't taking us forward. He has actually made our squad worse.

I see that we have 3 players who can create chances and are good in possession; brunt Morrison and Sessengon- all of which are the wrong side of 30.
Evans and Yacob are top draw. Gmac and fletcher do a job but are also wrong side of 30. We have one striker who looks capable of scoring at this level.

McLean is a work horse and is made to look decent in a awful team. Gardner is another workhorse devoid of quality who can score a few beauts a season but generally isn't worth a spot in the squad. We have lambert who is costing us a fortune and he's finished. Anichibe has 2 good games a season and doesn't look like scoring. Chester poco and Gamboa just don't look good enough.

We literally need a whole new squad. Every year we have failed to improve, stagnation leads to extinction.

In the summer we need 2 full backs 2 wingers 2 centre midfielders and 2 strikers. We really are a poor outfit. We also need a new manager. Another year where we survive by the skin of our teeth and little more.
O Albion we love you

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: As expected
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 06:57:55 PM »
WBA Is a mess. The manager is a dinosaur and while he should be credited for keeping us up last year and for how he has managed to grin out points this year he isn't taking us forward. He has actually made our squad worse.

I see that we have 3 players who can create chances and are good in possession; brunt Morrison and Sessengon- all of which are the wrong side of 30.
Evans and Yacob are top draw. Gmac and fletcher do a job but are also wrong side of 30. We have one striker who looks capable of scoring at this level.

McLean is a work horse and is made to look decent in a awful team. Gardner is another workhorse devoid of quality who can score a few beauts a season but generally isn't worth a spot in the squad. We have lambert who is costing us a fortune and he's finished. Anichibe has 2 good games a season and doesn't look like scoring. Chester poco and Gamboa just don't look good enough.

We literally need a whole new squad. Every year we have failed to improve, stagnation leads to extinction.

In the summer we need 2 full backs 2 wingers 2 centre midfielders and 2 strikers. We really are a poor outfit. We also need a new manager. Another year where we survive by the skin of our teeth and little more.

Yet we are still so poor that we are able to beat Arsenal and somehow muster 28 points by mid-January.

Christ, the rest of the Premier League must be really bad.

Could win the FA Cup and finish top 10 this season with a little bit of of shrewd business over the next 48 hours.   Yep - we really are in a shocking state. 

Totally agree though that the squad needs a major rebuild over the next 2 years.   Hopefully with us still being in the Premier League.

slate

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 07:20:26 PM »
As expected and stupidly I keep going in the hope that something will change. Well no more...I'm done spending my hard earned money to sit in the freezing cold whilst giving myself an angry ulcer.

Today's game started well, Peterborough left loads of space for us to actually play football and it looked like we would win easily.

Fast forward to them starting to have a go and the wheels fall off.

Positives- myhil was solid and berahino's movement and finishing were top class. He might be a little s*it but he's a little s*it that we need right now.

Negatives - where to start?
Lambert was so poor that we may as well have played with ten men. No movement, came off second in most challenges, didn't face the opposition goal throughout, heavy touches. He's finished.
McClean does not have a right foot and is now starting to remind me of Steve Lilwall. Sess was anonymous and therefore our midfield had ZERO pace or creativity.

Pulis played the strongest team possible today and against a poor lower league team we weren't up to it. He may well just about grind out enough points to keep us up but there has to be more to being a Baggie than this?

Oh, and the crowning turd in the water pipe was that all of the other results in my 7 match accumulator came in as they did in the previous round too. Thanks for f*cking nothing Albion both times.

boult

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 07:24:02 PM »
Have lost interest with this rubbish how much did Peterborough cost still we can put it down to being too tired win the FA cup finish in top ten had the chance when Giles or Atkinson were managers had teams who could attack and play football no chance withTP

chris-wba

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 09:14:44 PM »
We are being shaped into a team that will be unworkable once Pulis has left. What manager is going to be able to come into a team with no decent full backs, an ageing midfield, strikers who just aren't good enough and a team that hasn't played any form of creative football for years.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 09:28:39 PM »
Yet we are still so poor that we are able to beat Arsenal and somehow muster 28 points by mid-January.

Could win the FA Cup and finish top 10 this season with a little bit of of shrewd business over the next 48 hours.   Yep - we really are in a shocking state. 

To be fair we had 1 shot on target in that game (from memory) and won 2-1. That is a mega fluke. Plus, how we play against top 4-6 teams is ok, it's at home against team we should have a go at is when we're a disgrace.

IF we win the cup and finish top 10 then all will be forgiven obviously. It is a results industry.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2016, 10:01:09 PM »
McLean and Berahino showed class and commitment today, McLean outstanding in my opinion. Sess I thought had a few moments.

Other than that, what a shocking shower they were today.

I am officially worried.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 08:02:23 AM »
McLean and Berahino showed class and commitment today, McLean outstanding in my opinion. Sess I thought had a few moments.

Other than that, what a shocking shower they were today.

I am officially worried.

Same I thought mcclean done well today myself.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 08:38:44 AM »
As expected and stupidly I keep going in the hope that something will change. Well no more...I'm done spending my hard earned money to sit in the freezing cold whilst giving myself an angry ulcer.

Today's game started well, Peterborough left loads of space for us to actually play football and it looked like we would win easily.

Fast forward to them starting to have a go and the wheels fall off.

Positives- myhil was solid and berahino's movement and finishing were top class. He might be a little s*it but he's a little s*it that we need right now.

Negatives - where to start?
Lambert was so poor that we may as well have played with ten men. No movement, came off second in most challenges, didn't face the opposition goal throughout, heavy touches. He's finished.
McClean does not have a right foot and is now starting to remind me of Steve Lilwall. Sess was anonymous and therefore our midfield had ZERO pace or creativity.

Pulis played the strongest team possible today and against a poor lower league team we weren't up to it. He may well just about grind out enough points to keep us up but there has to be more to being a Baggie than this?

Oh, and the crowning turd in the water pipe was that all of the other results in my 7 match accumulator came in as they did in the previous round too. Thanks for f*cking nothing Albion both times.

For posh's 1st goal, myhill called the ball so poco left it for him but myhill hesitated and didnt eventually come out for it after calling it, thats not solid. Great at saves etc but commanding his box he is terrible

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2016, 09:50:33 AM »
i ask myself what legacy Pulis will leave.

A team with no invention or creativity and a bunch of ageing journeymen .

A bunch of fans who have either walked away from it or are totally disgruntled by the style of play .

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2016, 09:54:20 AM »
We are being shaped into a team that will be unworkable once Pulis has left. What manager is going to be able to come into a team with no decent full backs, an ageing midfield, strikers who just aren't good enough and a team that hasn't played any form of creative football for years.
This is what really worries me if we go down, what on earth would anyone do with this ageing squad in the chumpionship?  It's going to be hard enough rebuilding properly with the Prem money.  This was always the problem with the Pulis appointment, he had one success criteria, keep us up at all costs, so he's cobbled together a functional, limited team that will doubtless be looking for two 0-0s next week.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2016, 10:02:58 AM »
Our issue is we have lots of deadwood to shift and nobody wants it. So we can't improve. The chance we had came in the summer. Evans has been great and McLean better than expected (still shouldn't be a starter) lambert has been poor, Chester also. Rondon shows glimpses but lack of creativity around him doesn't have a chance.

I wouldn't be suprised if those with contracts expiring in summer go. I hope we don't release Morrison and sessengon (possibly our 2 most creative midfielders).
O Albion we love you