Author Topic: tchoyi & Ibanez  (Read 5619 times)

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

tchoyi & Ibanez
« on: May 09, 2011, 01:09:34 AM »
i thought tchoyi was one of our better players against the dogheads whilst i thought JT looked unfit and rusty does Tchoyi warrant a starting place over him should brunt be fit for the next game!

also 2 mistakes from meite in 2 games his confidence looked on the floor at points in that game. considering we are safe is there not an argument for giving Ibanez a game? when hes played he has looked composed and solid should we give him a go? thoughts?
O Albion we love you

Kicking Pigeons

Re: tchoyi & Ibanez
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 01:27:28 AM »
Definately agree with Ibanez. Whenever I've seen Ibanez he's looked quality. How he's has barely got a game this season baffles me. I'd start him in the next 2 games, give him a chance to prove how good he is. On the other hand there MUST be something going on with him behind the scenes, a story which we'll probably never know about, that's the only reasonable explanation I can find.

Tchoyi is probably the weirdest Albion player I can remember. In a single game he can at times look like he should be wearing a Barcelona shirt, and an equal amount of times look like an Ali Dia impersonator. For those reasons I don't think he's the sort of player to start a game with, more a player to bring on when we're losing and need someone to make something happen.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 01:38:29 AM »
With Tchoyi it always seems as if wants something to happen and he has to make it happen himself, he cannot simply play a basic one two and move on to the next position. In that sense he is very direct, he always goes for maximum impact, but, it IS a team game at the end of the day. He plays as if it was a kick about in a park.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 01:49:59 AM »
i would play him as an impact player but with the injuries we have he has to continue to start.
hes better at crossing and shooting then JT but as you said doesnt do the simple things and is some what of an enigma.

with ibanez everytime he seems to get a game he has got injured! man utd sticks to mind. but looked quality at the emirates. Im not one for wholesale changes and play the kids and that garbage but, in this instance i see meite without confidence and costing us goals and a man who has played for spain on numerous occasions who looked a class act when given a chance. we need to see moe of him
O Albion we love you

Baggie Artist

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 01:50:56 AM »
Sometimes I think the fans ask too much from players like Fortune and Tchoyi to be able to come on for ten minutes here and there and to suddenly have a good understanding with the rest of the team and get into their groove straight away.

Look at Simon Cox, you'd have to say he was an ineffective sub for most of the season but given a run in the team and he has thrived. I'd like to see Tchoyi play the last two games as there is no way Thomas should be starting in his current form.

I personally think there are injury/fitness problems with Ibanez. He didn't look the most sharp when he did play earlier in the season and maybe he's not up to the pace of English football.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 09:21:10 AM »
I would like to see Ibanez play the next too games, so then Roy can get a good idea of him, as for Tchoyi i think he should start next week.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

mulumbuman

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 09:22:43 AM »
Tchoyi, he's a very strong and physical presence. But I feel that he keeps the ball for too long and his decsision making is poor.
Could be improved!
Good Potential

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 09:37:45 AM »
tchoyi imo was excellent 2nd half but still overplayed it a couple of times when he couldve put odemwingie in, its something odemwingies got out of his game and if tchoyi did also them two could be very dangerous
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 09:47:00 AM »
TBH Ibanez looks a class act whenever I've seen him play, I was convinced earlier in the season that the best centre back pairing was going to be Jonas and Ibanez.
For whatever reason he doesn't seem to be able to make that transformation into the first team.
I can see what the reason is for not giving him a try out in at least one of the last two games.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

j2burnz

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 02:11:44 PM »
I think that Tchoyi quite simply has to go, He always looks to me like he's smoked a joint before he goes out on the field, he does not show ant real desire, shows no willingness to get on the end of set pieces which considering his size is just baffling and it takes him far too long to decide what he wants to do which in the main, turns out to be the wrong decision,

I believe Tchoyi would benefit from a good kick up the backside and I'm staggered that anybody thinks he played well yesterday,

He should have absoloutly buried that chance he had ( the header ).

I

63Brummie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 03:03:54 PM »
i thought tchoyi was one of our better players against the dogheads whilst i thought JT looked unfit and rusty does Tchoyi warrant a starting place over him should brunt be fit for the next game!

also 2 mistakes from meite in 2 games his confidence looked on the floor at points in that game. considering we are safe is there not an argument for giving Ibanez a game? when hes played he has looked composed and solid should we give him a go? thoughts?
That's a really good call Bud.
My team for Everton?

Myhill

Reid / Hurst                          Ibanez                                              Olsson                         Shorey

Thorne                                                         Mulumbu

Scharner

Cox                                                                                                                       Tchoyi

Odemwingie

...a good balance of youth and experience; both George and James are nearly ready and should be "blooded" against a better team.
There is an argument for leaving them in for the remaining games, this means that Brunt, Reid and Dorrans can all heal and recover and be fresh for next season. :)
Your Football team is the best example of pure unconditional love...that's why I'm a BAGGIE TO THE BONE

Yam Yam Baggie

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 03:26:30 PM »

im sorry mate but i thought the bloke was bloody awful yesterday (Tchoyi) he was lazy and his final ball is rubbish. hes got the touch of a rapist aswell.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 03:41:58 PM »
Tchoyi to me is a better version of Miller,with more skill but the same flaws,i.e not a team player.
If we can get better than him i would let him go in the summer.

Ibanez i haven't seen a lot of,but the question has to be asked why does Roy prefer Meite?Albion fans give good accounts of Ibanez's performances so it could be the same problems he had in Spain.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 03:57:19 PM »
Tchoyi to me is a better version of Miller,with more skill but the same flaws,i.e not a team player.
If we can get better than him i would let him go in the summer.

Ibanez i haven't seen a lot of,but the question has to be asked why does Roy prefer Meite?Albion fans give good accounts of Ibanez's performances so it could be the same problems he had in Spain.

His problems in Spain started when a move to Real Madrid fell through and he was never accepted back by the At Madrid fans. Why it hasn't worked here is a mystery, deserves a chance to see if he is good enough but with only two games left it still isn't enough for him to be judged after hardly figuring at all as one mistake or slow reaction due to lack of match fitness will see him wrote off on here.

Keep him, give him a preseason and a fair crack of the whip next season or get rid and let both him and us move on.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 07:30:16 PM »
I will back him till the sun implodes but thcoyi fugging annoys the **** out of me. He is quite simply unbelievable; unbelievebly good then unbelievebly bad. I'd rather have someone more reliable to start and bring him on later on if we have to
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 08:22:37 PM »
His problems in Spain started when a move to Real Madrid fell through and he was never accepted back by the At Madrid fans. Why it hasn't worked here is a mystery, deserves a chance to see if he is good enough but with only two games left it still isn't enough for him to be judged after hardly figuring at all as one mistake or slow reaction due to lack of match fitness will see him wrote off on here.

Keep him, give him a preseason and a fair crack of the whip next season or get rid and let both him and us move on.
Far too sensible, lets look for conspiracies instead ;)
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Rich99

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 04:12:40 PM »
In Premiership goals to minutes played Tchoyi is behind Pete only.   

Premiership goals to minutes played

Peter Odemwingie               178.7
Somen Tchoyi                     241.7
Youssouf Mulumbu                462.0
Marc-Antoine Fortune           522.0
James Morrison                     547.3
Pablo Ibanez                         658.0
Paul Scharner                        672.8
Chris Brunt                             731.3
Simon Cox                              770.0
Jerome Thomas                      862.0
Steven Reid                            1189
Graham Dorrans                     1417
Jonas Olsson                          2034
Gonzalo Jara                           2106

It's the same with goals and assists per minute as well, Tchoyi is second behind Pete.

Mins played per goal and assist
Peter Odemwingie        111.7
Somen Tchoyi                181.3
Steven Reid                198.2
Chris Brunt                    208.9
Jerome Thomas             287.3
James Morrison             312.7
Marc-Antoine Fortune    348.0
Simon Cox                     385.0
Youssouf Mulumbu        462.0
Graham Dorrans            472.3

http://www.imscouting.com/reports-generator3/?id=33&t=604&p1=0&p2=500&p3=0&p4=10#rep

I hope we keep him myself, give him another season to settle into Premiership football then assess things from there.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 04:18:55 PM by Rich99 »

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 06:49:00 PM »
on this evidence in shows the man very much has a eye for goal and can assist!
such a good impact player! i would like to see him get atleast 30 mins if not a half against the geordies
O Albion we love you

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 06:57:37 PM »
Agreed, let Tchoyi have a full preseason and get coached by Uncle Roy on tactics and see where that takes him. I must confess I like him and see the positives he brings more than the negatives.

Mask-arade

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 07:30:13 PM »
Love watching Tchoyi bamboozle oppostion defences, the only touble is, he bamboozles himself aswell half the time!!
Deano

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2011, 09:41:02 PM »
After today do both still have a future with the club?
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Ogwani

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2011, 10:21:28 PM »
After today do both still have a future with the club?

I would say yes, I doubt there will be much interest in Ibanez seen as he's been undercover.