Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Football & Sports / Pick a player of the last 30yrs
« Last post by KYA on Today at 10:02:14 AM »
you would have liked to have seen in an Albion shirt.
I would go for Stevie Gerrard he made his debut for Liverpool on this day 1998, what a player looking at the clips on twitter he's even better than I thought he was. He's the closest that I have seen to Bryan Robson who was my favourite player even with the likes of Cyrille and Laurie for competition.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Fa Cup 3rd round draw 2022/23 season
« Last post by SmethDan on Today at 09:51:40 AM »
Any indications yet on possible ticket numbers?
What is the grounds capacity? https://chesterfield-fc.co.uk/technique-stadium only says 10,000+
Bound to sell out quickly for away supporters so wondering about getting in amongst the home crowd?
COYB

The stadium capacity is 10,504. Away supporters are normally located in the North Stand which has a capacity of 2,112. Don't know what they average for league games and no idea if they can split the concourse in the North Stand but we might get the lot.
General Football & Sports / Re: Anything England Football
« Last post by SmethDan on Today at 09:43:11 AM »
Read something earlier about the air conditioning being turned off in the stadium an hour before the game with the USA on Friday. They monitor things like temperature and humidity etc. to manage the timings on a game by game basis.

A number of England players have apparently complained about excessive heat in that fixture. Given we'll be kicking off at the same time against Wales tonight it'll be interesting to see what happens re the aircon. They did look very leggy the other night.
General Football & Sports / Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Last post by SmethDan on Today at 09:30:48 AM »
Beale confirmed at Rangers. Wonder how QPR will fare now

They can't do much worse in the short to medium term in all  honesty given their form's dropped off a cliff of late. He's got out before his stock falls lower than they have. It was still funny when he turned the Dogheads down though.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Carlos Corberan - New Head Coach
« Last post by NJS on Today at 09:11:42 AM »
There are a lot of frowns in there

They've been told to look serious to completely trash any impression that it's a taxi nobbling holiday out there.
« Last post by Hull Baggie on Today at 08:24:47 AM »
Wouldn't surprise me if it was chosen for tv along with Man City v Chelsea, Man Utd v Everton, Liverpool v Wolves and Oxford v Arsenal.

Just found info from last seasons 3rd round and 6 games were televised on either BBC or ITV, I'd imagine it'll be the same this year so I think we stand a good chance of being on TV.

If it is chosen I reckon it'll be either the Saturday or Sunday Lunch time game.
« Last post by gerry m on Today at 08:09:09 AM »
Wouldn't mind having a bet on a draw. This is Wales World Cup final.
« Last post by BigFrank20 on Today at 07:46:53 AM »
Any indications yet on possible ticket numbers?
What is the grounds capacity? https://chesterfield-fc.co.uk/technique-stadium only says 10,000+
Bound to sell out quickly for away supporters so wondering about getting in amongst the home crowd?
COYB
« Last post by Baggies on Today at 07:40:18 AM »
Score predictions tonight then?

Wales know they need to win by 3 goals tonight (or atleast score 3 and hope the other result goes their way). In theory, they will go for kit and attack us, but while Wales winning isn't impossible, they must know in their heart of hearts that it's improbable they will go from struggling against us for years to suddenly going full Hungary on us. There is a real chance they have written off the world cup now and may instead play for pride, defend against us and look to nick a goal to get a famous win.

Rumours from the England camp suggest Henderson and Walker may return. That would suggest a very defensive 4 man defence, 2 defensive midfield with little mobility.

I'm going myself for a 1-1 draw, with Wales taking the lead.
« Last post by Baggies on Yesterday at 10:47:16 PM »
Thanks Tony, knew there must be more than 1.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10