Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2534418 times)

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #10575 on: February 19, 2019, 02:39:45 PM »
You'd think there'd be a gross misconduct line in their contract.  Trouble is clubs see it as lost revenue when they sack someone off rather than selling them.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10576 on: February 19, 2019, 02:48:33 PM »
You'd think there'd be a gross misconduct line in their contract.  Trouble is clubs see it as lost revenue when they sack someone off rather than selling them.

i doubt they will get a fee greater than having to pay the remainder of his contract up, £70k a week someone mentioned for the next 3 years, which is close on £11m. No one will pay anywhere near that for him
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10577 on: February 19, 2019, 02:58:16 PM »
In one of the worlds most videoed cities you would think there would be some sort of evidence to backup his claim of attempted robbery.....

A stoke fan on the oatcake said he drove round the corner and called the police himself....however the Met said he was seen speeding away as officers arrived.

What doesnt sit right is, he was parked outside the restaurant, over the limit and had to be training or at a match a few hours later that day, so it begs the question? Did he always plan to drive anyway? Premeditated drink driving I reckon

Guys a fool, glad he isnt our fool anymore
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10578 on: February 19, 2019, 06:19:32 PM »
he did well to find a parking space in the centre of London, especially right outside the restaurant if that was the case even at 3am in the morning ;)
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

The Tank

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #10579 on: February 19, 2019, 08:17:32 PM »
Double yellow, or even Disabled space. Wouldn't put it past him.   Trying to Google map the area.

Pureade1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #10580 on: February 19, 2019, 08:47:29 PM »
Hope the arrogant waste of talent goes to prison. Any other person would as he has been caught twice in a relatively short space of time for the same offence. Could have been a player but instead hes another David Bentley type player - thinks he has more ability than he has and is a very arrogant individual judging by everything we hear about him.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10581 on: February 19, 2019, 09:44:20 PM »
We shoulkd now be saying..."Saido" Who?
Nothing but a drunken waster!

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10582 on: February 19, 2019, 10:27:22 PM »
Baggie in Southampton

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10583 on: February 20, 2019, 10:19:22 AM »
Feel sad.  So much talent, so young and it is in danger of all going wrong.

Bilston Dan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10584 on: February 20, 2019, 11:17:03 AM »
It is such a shame really, but the more stories that come out about him, I kind of lose my sympathy (of what I had left for him). I guess he's our very own Stefan/Luke Moore, it's a good job we got rid of him. Imagine if he actually went to Tottenham? I reckon he'd still turn out like this.

Now the problem for him is, who's going to want to take him on? He hasn't exactly got a great track record has he? I can only see him slumping down the leagues into obscurity and he'll be a footnote in the Ex-Players thread in 5 years time. It's such a waste of talent, because there's a seriously good player in there. However, no manager is going to change him, he'll have to change himself and his attitude and if he doesn't, then he'll just become another Luke Moore.
"I don't get hangovers, I just feel sick and have a headache"

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10585 on: February 20, 2019, 11:20:02 AM »
It is such a shame really, but the more stories that come out about him, I kind of lose my sympathy (of what I had left for him). I guess he's our very own Stefan/Luke Moore, it's a good job we got rid of him. Imagine if he actually went to Tottenham? I reckon he'd still turn out like this.

Now the problem for him is, who's going to want to take him on? He hasn't exactly got a great track record has he? I can only see him slumping down the leagues into obscurity and he'll be a footnote in the Ex-Players thread in 5 years time. It's such a waste of talent, because there's a seriously good player in there. However, no manager is going to change him, he'll have to change himself and his attitude and if he doesn't, then he'll just become another Luke Moore.

He's gone now. Whatever talent you have as a youngster you have to progress. Berahino hasn't done that and he won't do it now regardless of his attitude, he's wasted his development years. Basically he's finished unless he drops down divisions.

Bilston Dan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10586 on: February 20, 2019, 11:25:46 AM »

He's gone now. Whatever talent you have as a youngster you have to progress. Berahino hasn't done that and he won't do it now regardless of his attitude, he's wasted his development years. Basically he's finished unless he drops down divisions.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong I'm glad he's gone.  ;D

It wouldn't surprise me if he were to be playing League 2 in a couple of seasons to be honest.
"I don't get hangovers, I just feel sick and have a headache"

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10587 on: February 20, 2019, 11:29:20 AM »
If he is found guilty of drink driving there is a slight possibility he may get sent to prison as its his second time.

In a weird way that may actually be what he needs, he needs some sort of wake up call, he made a number of mistakes at the Albion and instead of that being a deterrent, somebody then pays £12m, gives him millions in a signing fee and a £70k a week contract, its like he was being rewarded despite being an idiot.

A spell inside, realise thats where his life is at now, may just hit home some truths and give him a reality check because whatever he is doing now isnt working. All the 'god is great' 'i love my mum' mottos are just words, he needs to reassess his life, who his friends are, etc and try and rebuild his career, even if he isnt found guilty you have to question why he keeps ending up in these situations, its disrespectful nowadays to be out the night before a game, let alone possibly be on the beers.

Even if he does get sent down, if he showed genuine remorse, turned his life around, then some club will give him a contract. Without opening a can of worms,  the Lee Hughes situation shows clubs will offer deals because they have scored goals previously and thats what everyone wants.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10588 on: February 20, 2019, 01:55:56 PM »
I've read elsewhere that he's being charged with being drunk in charge of a motor vehicle which although still serious is a lesser charge than drink driving. Probably end up with:
  • a mandatory 10 penalty points or a discretionary driving disqualification
  • A fine of up to £2500 and / or a range of sentencing options including community service or a prison sentence of up to 3 months

https://www.ibblaw.co.uk/service/road-traffic-offences/drunk-charge-motor-vehicle
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10589 on: February 20, 2019, 03:31:56 PM »
He's a wrong'un we all know it,wherever he's been there's a problem.
He would've been trouble no matter what job he did.
He'll end up skint.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10590 on: February 21, 2019, 01:12:08 PM »
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 01:17:27 PM by gazberg »

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10591 on: February 21, 2019, 01:15:32 PM »
Sack him and hold onto his registration until the end of his contract.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10592 on: February 21, 2019, 02:33:41 PM »
Sack him and hold onto his registration until the end of his contract.

They can’t hold onto to his registration under Bosman rules
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10593 on: February 21, 2019, 03:41:37 PM »
I'm not well versed on the rules of sacking players but I understand they don't happen much? I know Darron Gibson got sacked for similar last season but there's a number of incidents where nothing happens, i.e. O'Hara, Ranger, Johnson etc - and they are paid to leave.

Is the sacking of Berahino more likely because it's in black and white that he's breached the contract and it's not a gray area, so it cannot be legally challenged, or am I missing something here?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10594 on: February 22, 2019, 08:09:08 AM »
Stoke considering sacking Saido Berahino for gross misconduct after he was charged with drink-driving having told them he was too ill to train

So much for Liam Lawrence take on it

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6729339/Stoke-considering-sacking-Saido-Berahino-drink-driving-charge.html
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10595 on: February 25, 2019, 02:56:00 PM »
Stoke considering sacking Saido Berahino for gross misconduct after he was charged with drink-driving having told them he was too ill to train

So much for Liam Lawrence take on it

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6729339/Stoke-considering-sacking-Saido-Berahino-drink-driving-charge.html

taken from that article 'There are those close to Berahino who believe he is in need of pastoral care'

he needs a good kick up the backside and be shown what he is throwing away through childish behaviour.

yes he's had a tough upbringing unlike many, but unlike many he has the world at his feet with his job and money he can earn. p!ssing away any talent he had to have a good time.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10596 on: February 25, 2019, 05:00:39 PM »
I couldn't care less where he is or what he's doing and I hope he gets everything he's got coming. Selfish arrogant git

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10597 on: March 06, 2019, 10:56:00 AM »

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10598 on: March 06, 2019, 10:59:36 AM »
https://twitter.com/janedougallsky/status/1103231351183065089

He truly is just an awful, awful person

Showing his true class, arrogant pr ick.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10599 on: March 06, 2019, 11:01:27 AM »
Showing his true class, arrogant pr ick.
What's it say?