Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2568174 times)

WednesburyAlbion

• Junior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #9875 on: January 11, 2017, 11:14:48 AM »
Palace interested in shipping Benteke out as they want to create funds for Big Sam to stregnthen and they are also interested in Berahino. I'd love it if we could ship Berahino out and Benteke in. For me that would be the ideal player to bring in upfront, and he was Pulis's No.1 target last summer.

Always seemed bone idle to me. Big Sam hooked him off against Swansea. Says a lot about him really. For the kind of money they would want, I wouldn't go anywhere near him.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9876 on: January 11, 2017, 12:19:35 PM »
Just seen the under 23 highlights , muscle or fat he's some size now.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

letmereadposts

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #9877 on: January 11, 2017, 12:31:16 PM »
He is refusing to sign a contract

It took 2 trips to a conditioning place and he still isn't fit, I'm sure there have been behind closed doors games he has played and still the management don't think he is fit enough

Why would play him when he clearly doesn't want to be here and other players have worked hard on their fitness and are happy to sign contracts and play here

Tell me the last player in our team that took to social media on a constant basis to force getting into the team or voice his displeasure at not being selected??

The guys an immature bell, one of these expectant millennial children who think they are special and deserve everything they want

Can't wait for him to go, we won't miss him, couldn't careless if he went on a free if I'm honest, if he goes free it means he's had to go abroad and his career has been stalled which he deserves as he is not humble enough to get his head down and earn a move

Can see him at Stoke tbh which will make him look a real bell as he will be making a sideways/backwards move which isn't the move he thinks he rightly deserves..not good enough for top 4/6 and not good enough for our first XI anymore

Anyone see the scripture quoted on his twitter?? Regarding gaining the world if you sell your soul...perhaps he should read his bible more and understand it before quoting scriptures to make him look god fearing...this guy will be selling his soul to the highest bidder!! Shows him up for the very thick person he is

Agreed he needs to go. I don't think he's worth as much as being quoted and the value of making him an example and showing clubs we won't be played is immeasurable.

On a side note harsh on the millenials though - statistically the most well-behaved, healthy and also on course to be the first generation since ww2 to be worse off than parents! Give them - but not Saido of course - a break :)

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #9878 on: January 11, 2017, 01:02:34 PM »
Just seen the under 23 highlights , muscle or fat he's some size now.
especially his legs, they're huge.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9879 on: January 11, 2017, 01:14:56 PM »
Just seen the highlights, he looks very big still  :o

I imagine, in an Anichebe way, a lot of it could well be muscle now, but for someone naturally skinny like him, I don't think that level of muscle would be good for his fitness and performance.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9880 on: January 11, 2017, 01:25:26 PM »
Always seemed bone idle to me. Big Sam hooked him off against Swansea. Says a lot about him really. For the kind of money they would want, I wouldn't go anywhere near him.

Benteke another one who had a good season got a dream move and fell off the radar
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9881 on: January 11, 2017, 01:43:58 PM »
Benteke another one who had a good season got a dream move and fell off the radar

As much as I agree, Benteke can go missing, to intimate he's a one season wonder is crazy. Since moving to the Premier League, he's scored 59 goals in 136 appearances. Many in a shi**y Villa side that is struggling and along in a Palace side that is struggling. If anyone says that Benteke wouldn't be a fantastic signing, I seriously have to question their knowledge of the game and their sanity!

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9882 on: January 11, 2017, 02:15:34 PM »
Just seen the highlights, he looks very big still  :o

I imagine, in an Anichebe way, a lot of it could well be muscle now, but for someone naturally skinny like him, I don't think that level of muscle would be good for his fitness and performance.

And he was never lightning quick so I imagine he would be even slower now if he plays again for us.

I still think his best option is to stay at us and play games for us (if he gets into the team), he will never become the player he could have but he could still go some way to that staying at us.

If he leaves/goes abroad his career will plummet further.

kendover

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #9883 on: January 11, 2017, 02:25:01 PM »
Totally agree

ripryan1971

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #9884 on: January 11, 2017, 03:25:08 PM »
For me Benteke doesn't fit the way Pulis plays in terms of, he likes Rondon to work the channels etc, Benteke is lazy, and wants to stand in a certain area all game. Not sure i wanna go near him myself

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9885 on: January 11, 2017, 03:50:17 PM »
As much as I agree, Benteke can go missing, to intimate he's a one season wonder is crazy. Since moving to the Premier League, he's scored 59 goals in 136 appearances. Many in a shi**y Villa side that is struggling and along in a Palace side that is struggling. If anyone says that Benteke wouldn't be a fantastic signing, I seriously have to question their knowledge of the game and their sanity!

Clearly I knowe naff all about the game and have mental issues.
My take is,
Benteke of 3 years ago was good, Benteke today is a major gamble and at "reportedly" £30m and £120k / wk you don't take gambles!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9886 on: January 11, 2017, 03:54:01 PM »
Guys can we please keep this topic about Saido please there is another thread where Benteke can be discussed
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

ripryan1971

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #9887 on: January 11, 2017, 03:55:15 PM »
Villa set up there team to totally suit Benteke and got the benefits.

Liverpool didn't and he was useless.

Palace i must admit was a perfect fit but he seems to be getting lazier.

No way will Pulis play Rondon and Benteke upfront together, so you wanna pay 20-30m for someone to be rotated all the time maybe?

Pulis said he wants players who are straight into the 1st team, only my views folks and i could be wrong.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9888 on: January 11, 2017, 03:55:27 PM »
oops sorry, my error !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9889 on: January 11, 2017, 05:33:34 PM »
And he was never lightning quick so I imagine he would be even slower now if he plays again for us.

I still think his best option is to stay at us and play games for us (if he gets into the team), he will never become the player he could have but he could still go some way to that staying at us.

If he leaves/goes abroad his career will plummet further.

Feel the exact opposite, while Pulis is here, Saido has no future at Albion.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9890 on: January 11, 2017, 05:48:08 PM »
Feel the exact opposite, while Pulis is here, Saido has no future at Albion.

Why is Pulis the factor in him having no future?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9891 on: January 11, 2017, 05:50:30 PM »
Why is Pulis the factor in him having no future?

Because he's not a lone frontman and isn't good enough to take one of the 3 attacking midfield roles. I don't envisage us ever playing with 2 strikers during Pulis' tenure.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9892 on: January 11, 2017, 08:59:46 PM »
Jacko might be right on this one in fairness. In a line up where you play 3 forwards (either through the centre or as a wide forward) or 2 forwards, he can still be a great success.

Pulis does however prefer just the one big man up front it seems and he clearly does not see eye to eye with the manager so I don't see any real future for him here now.
Boing Boing

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9893 on: January 11, 2017, 09:05:28 PM »
Pulis could be saying the fitness stuff to help our case at the tribunal too. I suppose if we're not going to sell him or play him we might as well make out that we really want to keep him and use him but we can't possibly because he's not keeping himself fit etc etc. If we just didn't want to play him, it wouldn't help our case at the tribunal trying to say he's so valuable for us but we've lost money as he's gone on a free. Whereas if we make out that the player isn't trying to get fit - sending him on 2 camps then we come out looking better, maybe ultimately getting more money. Just a thought

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9894 on: January 12, 2017, 02:18:38 PM »
who has he performed his best football under whilst here, legends hero maybe or maybe mine :)
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9895 on: January 13, 2017, 11:55:45 AM »
Come on Sparky, come and take him away

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #9896 on: January 13, 2017, 12:18:14 PM »
Come on Sparky, come and take him away
Just watched him on sky sports talking about Saido, he looked and sounded a bit drunk off hinting they are interested in signing him but we aint making it easy.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9897 on: January 13, 2017, 12:21:58 PM »
Saido has every intention of having us over the coals and will not I repeat will not leave in this window the spiteful fat @rseole that he is

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9898 on: January 13, 2017, 12:30:07 PM »
Just watched him on sky sports talking about Saido, he looked and sounded a bit drunk off hinting they are interested in signing him but we aint making it easy.

The bloke moans about everything. If he does go to Stoke I hope we bend Hughes over the table.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9899 on: January 13, 2017, 01:41:35 PM »

I am sure SB will only go there if there isn't a more attractive option available to him.

I'd rather the club just came out and said "the fee is £10m, anyone agreeing to meet that fee is free to talk to the player to agree personal terms and he can choose who he goes to"