Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2567440 times)

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #1825 on: January 05, 2015, 12:31:44 PM »
My only problem with this is, if we do not sell him, then its likely hes going to end up walking away for nothing and let his contract run out.

So if we arent going to offer a contract, or hes not willing to sign one, then its either cash in and make 20million+, or risk losing for nothing.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1826 on: January 05, 2015, 12:34:42 PM »
I think the club are worried about another potential Odemwingie situation.

Given Berahino was around (all be it in the youth set up) when Odemwingie went off one, I suspect he knows he has the power.

Hopefully, the way he goes about it (should he want to move) is a little more proffessional than Odemwingie.

Hopefully his mom will keep him grounded as I'm sure his agent has been whispering in his ear about the potential money he could make on a big move.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1827 on: January 05, 2015, 12:43:40 PM »
Some players are unfortunately just more trouble than they are worth. There is no doubting his raw talent and ability and will be an obvious loss if we do move him on. That said, we need to look at the bigger picture. Is is really worth hanging onto somebody who could end up being a major disruptive influence on the rest of the squad? The price on that damage could be far more significant that Berahino's potential worth to the club. Even more so being as we could get a large fee for him. I always remember Tranmere manager John Aldridge's words on Jason Koumas. He said something along the lines of Koumas being the best player coming through of his generation but will never make it at the top level because of his attitude. Wise words.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1828 on: January 05, 2015, 12:48:32 PM »
Some players are unfortunately just more trouble than they are worth. There is no doubting his raw talent and ability and will be an obvious loss if we do move him on. That said, we need to look at the bigger picture. Is is really worth hanging onto somebody who could end up being a major disruptive influence on the rest of the squad? The price on that damage could be far more significant that Berahino's potential worth to the club. Even more so being as we could get a large fee for him. I always remember Tranmere manager John Aldridge's words on Jason Koumas. He said something along the lines of Koumas being the best player coming through of his generation but will never make it at the top level because of his attitude. Wise words.

I don't mind a bit of arrogance just so long as he is performing consistently.  The lad has had a lot to deal with, some self inflicted, what certainly doesn't help him (and therefore us) is being abused on public media.

I think everyone on here should go on his twitter account and voice our support of the lad, don't let the cretins drive him away.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1829 on: January 05, 2015, 01:16:47 PM »
He'll be driven out like Odemwingie was. People don't realise what they have until it's gone.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Yamaka

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1830 on: January 05, 2015, 01:37:04 PM »

I don't mind a bit of arrogance just so long as he is performing consistently.  The lad has had a lot to deal with, some self inflicted, what certainly doesn't help him (and therefore us) is being abused on public media.

I think everyone on here should go on his twitter account and voice our support of the lad, don't let the cretins drive him away.

Well said.  This is an extraordinary chap who has lived an extraordinary life and is dealing with it all a lot better than some might. I really hope he finds the support and guidance he  needs - if not here then somewhere where he is appreciated.
I never could kwite get the hang of spelling.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1831 on: January 05, 2015, 01:38:42 PM »

I agree, everyone moans we never produce any of our own talent and when we do he is treated like s**t.

I'm not even aware of where this 'attitude' problem theory has come from, he had a bust up in the dressing room which I'd say 90% of players have in their career except unfortunatley his got out in public which should never of happened. Then obviously the speeding is just plain stupid but again I'd hazard a guess lots of people on here have either been caught speeding or drove above the limit, if there is drink involved then that is a lot worse but I have my doubts about that as he would have already been charged and I haven't read anywhere that he has.

Most kids/young adults would be a little arrogant if they were banging goals in in the Premiership its probably that confidence that got him where he is.

Lay off the lad.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1832 on: January 05, 2015, 01:39:43 PM »
Anyone see our Twitter respond to the BBC twitter re: Berahino? Very funny
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1834 on: January 05, 2015, 02:11:22 PM »
Didn't JP say that all the players wages are incentive driven, (win bonuses etc). Can't see that a bloke who scores goals would be very disruptive. I'd put up with a pain in the backside if he was helping me to get my bonus, & have done in my own workplace in the past.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 02:44:06 PM by baggiejohn »
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1835 on: January 05, 2015, 02:48:57 PM »
I'd put up with a pain in the backside if he was helping me to get my bonus, & have done in my own workplace in the past.

Some people will do anything for a pay rise.
Ooer.
 ;D.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1836 on: January 05, 2015, 03:00:34 PM »
so did the match ball have £23M or £23 ???
Albion Family !!!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1837 on: January 05, 2015, 03:17:26 PM »
I agree, everyone moans we never produce any of our own talent and when we do he is treated like s**t.

I'm not even aware of where this 'attitude' problem theory has come from, he had a bust up in the dressing room which I'd say 90% of players have in their career except unfortunatley his got out in public which should never of happened. Then obviously the speeding is just plain stupid but again I'd hazard a guess lots of people on here have either been caught speeding or drove above the limit, if there is drink involved then that is a lot worse but I have my doubts about that as he would have already been charged and I haven't read anywhere that he has.

Most kids/young adults would be a little arrogant if they were banging goals in in the Premiership its probably that confidence that got him where he is.

Lay off the lad.
Don't think he has been treated like Sh!t for one second.
We have supported him through his Hippy Crack shame, all of his Twitter outbursts and his DD allegations all of which came on top of a substantial pay rise.
I have never heard the crowd get on his back so not sure what this relates to.
If it is this forum, then I think he has been very well treated on here considering some of his antics.
Some may think it a good idea to cash in on him, but don't think selling him for £20m would equate to being treated like sh!t either.

Yamaka

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1838 on: January 05, 2015, 03:30:22 PM »
Don't think he has been treated like Sh!t for one second.
We have supported him through his Hippy Crack shame, all of his Twitter outbursts and his DD allegations all of which came on top of a substantial pay rise.
I have never heard the crowd get on his back so not sure what this relates to.
If it is this forum, then I think he has been very well treated on here considering some of his antics.
Some may think it a good idea to cash in on him, but don't think selling him for £20m would equate to being treated like sh!t either.

People are talking about him having a bad attitude and this being the reason why fans are not warming to him. But then some of us wish to cash in on him. Is he a commodity?  If so then when he behaves professionally rather than emotionally when he scores it makes perfect sense to me.
I never could kwite get the hang of spelling.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1839 on: January 05, 2015, 03:41:10 PM »
People are talking about him having a bad attitude and this being the reason why fans are not warming to him. But then some of us wish to cash in on him. Is he a commodity?  If so then when he behaves professionally rather than emotionally when he scores it makes perfect sense to me.
Why is it professional not to celebrate?
He certainly celebrated his 1st hatrick for us, I remember it well, maybe more than he does.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1840 on: January 05, 2015, 03:59:15 PM »
All i have heard on the radio today is about him not celebrating his goals and he clearly wants away blah blah.
If saido is not careful his attitude will only deter his desires
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1841 on: January 05, 2015, 04:03:52 PM »
All i have heard on the radio today is about him not celebrating his goals and he clearly wants away blah blah.
If saido is not careful his attitude will only deter his desires

I do believe its the only reason one of the top clubs hasn't made a move for him already, with a record like his at his age the big clubs would normally be banging on the door trying to get him but so far we are told there hasn't been a single enquiry. The top clubs really do their homework on players so they will know all about his issues, its only those with exceptional potential that clubs are more likely to take a risk on and I don't think Saido is in that category.

cornishbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1842 on: January 05, 2015, 04:23:21 PM »
he's scored 5 goals in a week FFS.

everyone needs to calm down.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1843 on: January 05, 2015, 04:25:51 PM »
he's scored 5 goals in a week FFS.

everyone needs to calm down.

Four against non league opposition.

cornishbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1844 on: January 05, 2015, 04:50:57 PM »
Four against non league opposition.

and? FA Cup 3rd Round not FA Vase.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1845 on: January 05, 2015, 05:03:29 PM »
Although it was against Gateshead the goals he scored were great finishes and it will do him the world of good scoring four goals. Let's hope Pulis and his staff can improve him even more and get the best out of him while he keeps his feet on the ground.
the regime don't like it man

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1846 on: January 05, 2015, 05:05:19 PM »
Although it was against Gateshead the goals he scored were great finishes and it will do him the world of good scoring four goals. Let's hope Pulis and his staff can improve him even more and get the best out of him while he keeps his feet on the ground.

Hope they don't coach a forward to keep his feet on the ground, he's only short ya know  :o
Albion Family !!!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1847 on: January 05, 2015, 05:17:02 PM »
I hope someone is be talking to Saido about how Ravel Morrisons career is "un-ravelling" (sorry).
Apparently WHU FC are letting him go, the kid is on a downward spiral.

The pattern reminds of Jermain Beckford , such a talent, he could have had the world at his feet but,.....now loaned out from blackburn to preston !
Albion Family !!!

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1848 on: January 05, 2015, 06:20:01 PM »
He'll be driven out like Odemwingie was. People don't realise what they have until it's gone.

"He'll be driven out like Odemwingie"  He drove himself out by getting on the wrong side of the very people who had surported him from DAY 1
Saido take note

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1849 on: January 05, 2015, 06:34:51 PM »
One year before the odemwingie affair he wanted out . We gave him a rise . Sums him up perfectly .