Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2535187 times)

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #1200 on: November 07, 2014, 10:02:15 PM »
If Berahino carrys on doing what he is doing then he will leave, thats just the way it is. I really think moving now would be a bad move for him. He needs to stay this season then next season. He will then be 23 and if he is still banging the goals in he has earned his move to a top club. Weve just got to get as much cash for him as possible

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1201 on: November 07, 2014, 10:15:58 PM »
So sad we have to talk of him moving on really, sums the sorry state of affairs up in our game when a lad is on form :(

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1202 on: November 08, 2014, 12:35:30 AM »
I must be the only person not delighted by the call up. I'm concerned purely with Albion. I don't want him injured. Look at the Sturridge situation at Liverpool. 
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1203 on: November 08, 2014, 07:23:12 AM »
Bit of misquoting going on, what Berahino actually said was;

Berahino admits that while he's happy at West Brom, his ultimate ambition is to play Champions League football.

"I have a big vision," he said, "I want to play in the Champions League and for England in World Cups and European Championships."

Asked if that means he will have to leave West Brom, Berahino didn't duck the issue.

"If that's what it comes to, then yes," he said. "But I appreciate what West Brom have done for me and I could be here for some time."

"It's just an ambition. It doesn't mean I wouldn't sign a new contract."

No one can take offense at those comments surely, its what we all would do.
Baggie in Southampton

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1204 on: November 08, 2014, 08:15:54 AM »
"If that's what it comes to" says Saido, talking about the possibility of leaving Albion in order to achieve his ambitions.

Who knows, maybe it won't.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1205 on: November 08, 2014, 08:29:34 AM »
Bit of misquoting going on, what Berahino actually said was;

Berahino admits that while he's happy at West Brom, his ultimate ambition is to play Champions League football.

"I have a big vision," he said, "I want to play in the Champions League and for England in World Cups and European Championships."

Asked if that means he will have to leave West Brom, Berahino didn't duck the issue.

"If that's what it comes to, then yes," he said. "But I appreciate what West Brom have done for me and I could be here for some time."

"It's just an ambition. It doesn't mean I wouldn't sign a new contract."

No one can take offense at those comments surely, its what we all would do.
the way football is run sickens me, why can't a team like Albion get into the champions league to feed this kids ambition for fooook sake there are four places up for grabs.
Good luck to the lad with his call up but he should never be allowed by club to mention moving on to achieve his ambitions major faux par by media department at the hawthornes.

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1206 on: November 08, 2014, 08:52:02 AM »
Cheap  journalism just pick out bits from a quote and try to stir an Hornets nest, then wait for the response .

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1207 on: November 08, 2014, 09:01:15 AM »
Just a thought.....but Roofes a pretty decent striker.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1208 on: November 08, 2014, 09:01:57 AM »
I dont think he will go this season, he has made great inroads over the last couple of months but he still has a lot more to do I think before some of the bigger clubs come in for him. I hope that he wont pick up an injury either whilst been in the England squad.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1209 on: November 08, 2014, 09:38:20 AM »
Just a thought.....but Roofes a pretty decent striker.

Not sure he's ready yet, or to be honest, that he will ever become a Premier league standard player; 6 games at Northampton, 9 at Cheltenham - 1 goal. He's just gone to 16th place Colchester in League 1 on loan and is 22 shortly into 2015.
Regardless, he is more of a winger than an out and out striker.

I think Adil Nabi has a better chance of 'breaking though'
Twitter: @floydy1983

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1210 on: November 08, 2014, 10:02:43 AM »
You want players that are confident in their own ability but humble enough to know they still have some way to go as Saido seems to be. I would be extremely disappointed if we had a young player like him that doesn't have the ambition to push himself and eventually play Champions League football. When all is said and done for him to get to that level of football he would have to improve much further and our club would benefit from that and of course the future transfer fee.

I can see it being a good while yet before a Champions League club makes a move for him, I can see him signing a new deal here before Christmas and leave at the earliest next summer.

Silver Thostle

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1211 on: November 08, 2014, 11:19:16 AM »
You want players that are confident in their own ability but humble enough to know they still have some way to go as Saido seems to be. I would be extremely disappointed if we had a young player like him that doesn't have the ambition to push himself and eventually play Champions League football. When all is said and done for him to get to that level of football he would have to improve much further and our club would benefit from that and of course the future transfer fee.

I can see it being a good while yet before a Champions League club makes a move for him, I can see him signing a new deal here before Christmas and leave at the earliest next summer.

Regretfully its a fast moving industry.

If your good enough, age doesn't even come into it, and what ever level Saido has played at he has excelled, and there is no reason to suggest he couldn't excel at the veryt highest level. MIght well turn out to be the best striker England have had for many a year, at his age he needs to keep playing with the very best.

Unfortnately all the signs are he will be leaving in January.  :-[

Everyone can see the lad is extremely ambitious, and he wants to play for a club that's challenging for trophies, not a club that doesn't take cups seriously.  :-X
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 11:23:44 AM by Silver Thostle »

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1212 on: November 08, 2014, 11:30:43 AM »
but con he scower on his dayboo  ??  :D :D :D
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1213 on: November 08, 2014, 11:32:00 AM »
Let's hope Jeremy's got his poker face on in Jan.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1214 on: November 08, 2014, 11:39:03 AM »
When I look at it logically, Chelsea are not in the market for a stiker at the moment, Utd are decent up front, as are Man City and Arsenal have just bought Welbeck.

For me the only logical teams would be Liverpool (given that Balotelli hasn't really done much) and Spurs (who arn't that much better than us on current form at least).

For us to get the asking price we think we deserve (when compared to Andy Carol etc) then the club buying need to be pretty desperate. The only club I can say are close to desperate are Liverpool at the minute and they do have a history of overspending.

I still think JP will want to balance the books with Ideye so I won't be surprised to see Saido go in January (as I've said on another thread), but at the same time I do understand people's arugments about him learning from the past etc.

All the articles coming from the club at the minute seem to be about him putting his head down and making sure he stays focused. To me at least, it sounds as if some of the underlying issues from last year are perhaps not fully sorted and maybe if a decent offer comes in the club maybe tempted to sell.

Of course I am purely guessing and he may stay with us for years to come and in 30-40 years time he might have a statue outside next to bomber but from what i've read and how I have interpreted it, I will be very surprised if he is here this time next year.
Liverpool
Spurs
Everton maybe
Newcastle maybe
some italian clubs
some spanish clubs
there will be interest and we would take over 20mill imo
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Silver Thostle

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1215 on: November 08, 2014, 11:48:46 AM »
Let's hope Jeremy's got his poker face on in Jan.

I'm sure JP will get the best possible deal, and will probably be £30m plus a player (Borini?), let's just hope it's not the highest paid penalty taker Ballotelo  :o :P

wimbledon baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1216 on: November 08, 2014, 11:58:58 AM »
Regretfully its a fast moving industry.

If your good enough, age doesn't even come into it, and what ever level Saido has played at he has excelled, and there is no reason to suggest he couldn't excel at the veryt highest level. MIght well turn out to be the best striker England have had for many a year, at his age he needs to keep playing with the very best.

Unfortnately all the signs are he will be leaving in January.  :-[

Everyone can see the lad is extremely ambitious, and he wants to play for a club that's challenging for trophies, not a club that doesn't take cups seriously.  :-X

Very true. Saido's emergence has been a welcome bonus. We need to do what Southampton have done and sell at a high price and replace with quality. With the likes of Liverpool and Man U struggling it really is an opportunity for the smaller 'mid table ' clubs to close the gap.

Would be great for the domestic game if Southampton managed a top 4 finish. Would give us added belief to kick on!

We could go 6th Sunday if results go our way !! Boing Boing

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1217 on: November 08, 2014, 12:15:38 PM »
Liverpool
Spurs
Everton maybe
Newcastle maybe
some italian clubs
some spanish clubs

No chance Everton as they spent all their money on Rom and Newcastle are never going to be in for a £25+ mill striker.

Liverpool maybe, Spurs outside chance, but I think Saido is too rich for their blood and they have Kane anyway.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1218 on: November 08, 2014, 02:20:41 PM »
Is it just me that thinks he is overated? It seems he is getting way ahead of himself here.
Gera, Gera, Gera

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1219 on: November 08, 2014, 02:27:40 PM »
On what evidence are people believing he will be gone in January .There is no pressure to sell him just yet ,even more so when you see our run in towards the end of the season .absolutely barmy notion .

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1220 on: November 08, 2014, 02:57:36 PM »
Is it just me that thinks he is overated? It seems he is getting way ahead of himself here.

No its not just you, I feel exactly the same way & posted such a little while back.
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1221 on: November 08, 2014, 03:18:33 PM »

Probably but his goal scoring record overshadows a lot of flaws elsewhere in his game and the tag "highest scoring Englishman" in the premier league is a bit like "Pride of the Midlands" sounds good but in truth you have to look at the level of competition with Sturridge injured and Rooney out of the Man U side for 3 games. However if he continues to improve and bang in goals the actuality will eventually catch up with the hype. Of course it could always go the other way the hype goes to his head and it all goes pear shaped.

For further updated thoughts

http://lookbackinmildbewilderment.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/much-ado-about-saido.html
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1222 on: November 08, 2014, 04:02:44 PM »
Berahino's instagram account:

"Press conference went well today, its funny how they trying to stitch me up in the papers about leaving"
"This crack is really moreish."

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1223 on: November 08, 2014, 05:38:52 PM »

feel the same 79. chance of not scoring in the next 5 or 6 matches would make the talk and transfer fee banded about look stupid, since when do we turn average players who have a decent 1/3rd of a season into superstars.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1224 on: November 08, 2014, 06:03:32 PM »
I think the last game told me how good he can be.. Didn't score but ran the line well dragged defenders all over the shop.  The one thing I'm finding impressive is his hold up play he looks very strong on the ball

Long long way for the lad to go yet though needs to score on a regular basis for a couple of seasons to be classed as a serious prospect
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 06:14:14 PM by OldburyWBA »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts