Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2535168 times)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #750 on: August 17, 2014, 10:30:35 AM »
I think Berahino is an instinctive goal scorer and if we basically get him in and around the box there is a player that can certainly get to double figures. The question is how to get him into the team without exposing his weaknesses , he is a little bit too slight to play as a lone striker and lacks the vision to play as and number 10 (although over time this can and will improve). Personally I would play him in a 4-3-3 either side of a number 9 in front of the more defensively inclined side of the midfield and defence.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #751 on: August 17, 2014, 10:36:28 AM »
I think Berahino is an instinctive goal scorer and if we basically get him in and around the box there is a player that can certainly get to double figures. The question is how to get him into the team without exposing his weaknesses , he is a little bit too slight to play as a lone striker and lacks the vision to play as and number 10 (although over time this can and will improve). Personally I would play him in a 4-3-3 either side of a number 9 in front of the more defensively inclined side of the midfield and defence.

And that is also how we'd fit in Sess, on the other side of Saido. Although where does the new winger we need fit in then?!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #752 on: August 17, 2014, 12:09:23 PM »
Don't think we appreciate just how good saido is. We should make him feel loved, the guy is quality. If we'd signed him for £10million we'd be going loopy over how good he is! Reminded me of odemwingie yesterday, could really make the right wing position his own.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #753 on: August 17, 2014, 01:24:38 PM »
Think he played well yesterday.
His movement off the ball is largely excellent, he pulls defenders out of postion and ghosts into dangerous areas just as he did for his second.
Good performance from him all around and he looked very sharp. He has clearly put a lot of effort into his preseason work, let's hope that he and the team reap the benefits over the course of the whole season.
Well done Saido.
 8).
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #754 on: August 17, 2014, 03:14:11 PM »
And that is also how we'd fit in Sess, on the other side of Saido. Although where does the new winger we need fit in then?!

I am not sure there is a way accommodating all the potential forward and wide players we might have by the window closes but I would be looking to Berahino on the pitch possibly ahead of more senior players like Sessegnon.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #755 on: August 17, 2014, 03:21:02 PM »
Sessegnon needs a free role behind the striker. I really wouldn't want to see him anywhere else. He hasn't got the discipline to play out wide. 

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #756 on: August 18, 2014, 01:51:56 AM »
May as we'll revel in the fact the we have the top scorer in the Premier League currently. Hope we can say the same ten games in.

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #757 on: August 18, 2014, 08:16:47 AM »
For all AIs weaknesses he is thought of highly in the youth coaching circles. Hopefully what we saw on Saturday was influenced by AI and will push him onto the next level.

NEBaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #758 on: August 18, 2014, 08:18:11 AM »
For all AIs weaknesses he is thought of highly in the youth coaching circles. Hopefully what we saw on Saturday was influenced by AI and will push him onto the next level.

It might be quite beneficial that we have a relatively (and I emphasise relatively) young squad then...?
"Well, love is insanity. The ancient Greeks knew that. It is the taking over of a rational and lucid mind by delusion and self-destruction. You lose yourself, you have no power over yourself, you can't even think straight."

I guess I'm in love with West Brom...I have been for around 3 months now.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #759 on: August 18, 2014, 08:34:56 AM »
Well if long is worth over 12 million what is saido value got a player here me thinks?

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #760 on: August 18, 2014, 08:54:15 AM »
He appears to have a good future if he can introduce a bit of consistency and show he is not a dick. However,  we shouldn't put the extra weight of expectation on his shoulders and suggest he is the next saviour of WBA. Yet!
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #761 on: August 18, 2014, 10:02:00 AM »
What's his right position? Seems to play quite well on the wing but he's a natural goalscorer!
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #762 on: August 18, 2014, 11:12:39 AM »
Don't care if saido is a dick, quite interesting that many are mentioning his attitude etc what about the "seasoned"pro that thinks it's ok to slap a young player in front of the rest of the team?
Saido has it, can play, great pace and very aware for his age, willing to play wide for the team and still very dangerous, let's enjoy the future superstar.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #763 on: August 18, 2014, 11:35:05 AM »
Don't care if saido is a dick, quite interesting that many are mentioning his attitude etc what about the "seasoned"pro that thinks it's ok to slap a young player in front of the rest of the team?
Saido has it, can play, great pace and very aware for his age, willing to play wide for the team and still very dangerous, let's enjoy the future superstar.
Lets bring back Anelka, Bednar and Odemwhingie too. Football is a team game if you don't have the respect of your fellow team mates it becomes a lot harder game. Having had a slap from a "seasoned" pro, do you think Saido has improved or regressed as a professional footballer?
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #764 on: August 18, 2014, 04:50:57 PM »
Well on the first point, ibrahimavic, ballotelli,Ronaldo and Cantona all had "attitudes" would you refuse to sign them?

On the second point, not for one second do I think the slap has had any positive effect on saido, I think he believes in his own ability and quite rightly too.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #765 on: August 18, 2014, 04:51:40 PM »
Lets bring back Anelka, Bednar and Odemwhingie too. Football is a team game if you don't have the respect of your fellow team mates it becomes a lot harder game. Having had a slap from a "seasoned" pro, do you think Saido has improved or regressed as a professional footballer?
For what it's worth I'd have anelka and pete back tomorrow .

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #766 on: August 18, 2014, 05:07:38 PM »
On what basis . Annelka too old , bad attitude and hasn't had a good season in 3 years . Has for the other one I am sure he burnt his bridges a long time ago . For clarity you need to remember we recued him from a nightmare at his previous club . Also  12 months before his transfer deadline antics he wanted away . Is this the type of player we need at our club . I don't think so .

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #767 on: August 18, 2014, 05:10:32 PM »
Did someone just say they would have Anelka back  :-X, appalling attitude and complete sick note for us, waste of wages that was.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #768 on: August 18, 2014, 09:02:17 PM »
For what it's worth I'd have anelka and pete back tomorrow .
Lets hope tomorrow never comes !!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

wappingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #769 on: August 19, 2014, 11:36:48 PM »
deep down i miss Pete. Anelka??? DISASTER!!!!  A good few of us KNEW he would be from the day he was signed, and posted so at the time.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #770 on: August 20, 2014, 10:58:44 AM »
deep down i miss Pete. Anelka??? DISASTER!!!!  A good few of us KNEW he would be from the day he was signed, and posted so at the time.

In the end Both thought they were to big for the club but both players could find the back of the net. Pete goal record speaks for it self unfortunately the same cant be said about Nicko while he was a Baggie.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #771 on: August 20, 2014, 12:06:17 PM »
I miss Odemwingie being a part of our team, appalled as I was by his attitude at the end.

Fantastic player. I'd forget every bloomin word he's said if he was back with us!
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #772 on: August 20, 2014, 12:11:29 PM »
Anelka??? DISASTER!!!!  A good few of us KNEW he would be from the day he was signed, and posted so at the time.

You "knew" nothing, you just guessed negatively and it turned out right. People have been guessing negatively on this board for the last 4 years as "knowing" stuff that never came to pass. Moose, Rainbow etc etc all "knew" we were going down and JP would never step up... getting one right out of 20 doesn't warrant an "I told you so"

In regards to Saido, if he can get at least 10 goals in the Prem this season, then he'll have paid off the accademy on his own. British, 21, scoring striker who is playing in the Prem.... Easily worth £10mill in this market, if not closer to £15m+
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #773 on: August 27, 2014, 11:15:33 PM »
does anybody else think he should be starting upfront he looks our most natural goalscorer

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #774 on: August 27, 2014, 11:46:46 PM »
Hindsight is a great thing . All of these players have gone we should move on . Annelka was here for a meal ticket wasn't he . And the other nob wanted away 12 months before the qpr incident . So forget your odemwingie love in , it didn't last .