Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2570654 times)

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #1100 on: November 04, 2014, 02:58:04 PM »
Strong rumours around the stadium, Said could be off in Jan for £25m+, top PL teams like Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs all sniffing, and with Brown waiting in wings, they could well accept.

I think we'd be daft not to accept at that kind of figure. My worry is that I can't see us reinvesting it wisely enough. I've lost faith in our scouting department over the last couple of years.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1101 on: November 04, 2014, 02:58:07 PM »
If he goes in Jan and we sell him in Jan then I will not be impressed, no need to sell and we deserve more than 18 months of first team action for 10 years of input on this lads career

But football sucks dont it!!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1102 on: November 04, 2014, 03:01:13 PM »
If he goes in Jan and we sell him in Jan then I will not be impressed, no need to sell and we deserve more than 18 months of first team action for 10 years of input on this lads career

But football sucks dont it!!

I imagine that's what the 25 million is for. Berahino owes us nothing mate.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1103 on: November 04, 2014, 03:02:49 PM »
I think we'd be daft not to accept at that kind of figure. My worry is that I can't see us reinvesting it wisely enough. I've lost faith in our scouting department over the last couple of years.

They won't reinvest. Ideye will be the replacement. Albion don't do incoming business in January.

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1104 on: November 04, 2014, 03:07:54 PM »
They won't reinvest. Ideye will be the replacement. Albion don't do incoming business in January.

It's true and that's a frightening thought. We need to keep Berahino till the end of the season or I fear the worst.
Allllllll aboard

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1105 on: November 04, 2014, 03:08:16 PM »
I imagine that's what the 25 million is for. Berahino owes us nothing mate.

Yeah I see what you are saying it would just be nice to get a few years out of a player that comes through and comes good for us

£25m+ = stupid money but hard to decline

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1106 on: November 04, 2014, 03:26:12 PM »
If Ideye is still not involved/scoring I'd like to think they'd take a gamble somewhere on a proven striker.
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1107 on: November 04, 2014, 03:34:54 PM »
If Ideye is still not involved/scoring I'd like to think they'd take a gamble somewhere on a proven striker.

Ideye was a proven scorer until he came here though, as was Rosenberg so we would only go for the same type of player again.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1108 on: November 04, 2014, 03:54:16 PM »
Soldago and 18 million I'd be happy with or 18 million and origini from Liverpool.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1109 on: November 04, 2014, 05:26:44 PM »
He's going nowhere for the next 4+1 years  ;)

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1110 on: November 04, 2014, 05:50:20 PM »
He's going nowhere for the next 4+1 years  ;)

Interesting so he has signed a new contract? Though I mean it does not guarantee he will stay that long, but should get some more wonga for him now if he does go.

RuncornBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1111 on: November 04, 2014, 06:40:55 PM »
Suarez signed a new contract in January......sold in the summer.  He was going whether the biting incident happened or not.  In my opinion.
Heyyyyyyy, Tim Sherwood, Oooh, Aahh, I wanna knowwww..........Why you're such a.............

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1112 on: November 04, 2014, 07:59:50 PM »
They aint daft , if they take anywhere near 20mil for him in Jan , they will have to get somebody in ?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1113 on: November 04, 2014, 08:24:32 PM »
They aint daft , if they take anywhere near 20mil for him in Jan , they will have to get somebody in ?

Why? They've spent ten million pounds on a guy in a similar mould who cannot get in the team because Berahino is doing well.

It's possible they will get someone on loan as backup to Ideye but... Remember Earnie!

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1114 on: November 04, 2014, 08:37:12 PM »
Goodness there's a lot of interest in a dubious post about rumours around the stadium.

Sources please Silver?
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1115 on: November 04, 2014, 08:41:26 PM »
Goodness there's a lot of interest in a dubious post about rumours around the stadium.

Sources please Silver?

Even if it's not true these type clubs will now at the very least be monitoring him closely. There is a good chance he will repeat Bullays claim to fame later this month and then the interest will solidify.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1116 on: November 04, 2014, 08:47:02 PM »
Even if it's not true these type clubs will now at the very least be monitoring him closely.

You think? Oh dear, I thought he was our little secret.

Now I am really worried.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1117 on: November 04, 2014, 09:43:10 PM »
You think? Oh dear, I thought he was our little secret.

Now I am really worried.

Why do you need sources then?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 10:05:18 PM by OldburyWBA »

dan7heman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1118 on: November 04, 2014, 11:52:29 PM »
If someone offers 25 then both I and JP should bite their arm off.
It is a mistake to theorize before one has the facts. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1119 on: November 05, 2014, 05:45:43 AM »
Personally don't think Saido is anywhere near ready for a big move yet (and I was one who could see talent in him even from his Northampton loan years ago).Lots of work to be done off the ball wise and one or two other areas just yet , as with making it with us I believe his turn will come  for a big move but hopefully in years to come. I hope his respect for Irvine makes Saido think twice , I really wouldn't want to see him move like Sturridge or even Lukaku and sit on someones bench.
It will be very interesting how the next few weeks go now Saido is a marked man , already he has had a bit of treatement from Palace and Leicester.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1120 on: November 05, 2014, 08:48:00 AM »
Why do you need sources then?
Simply because the post from Silver Throstle stated that there were "strong rumours around the stadium" yesterday as if it were somehow authoritative.

Now, had the poster said "I was talking to a bloke in the club shop and he agrees with Jacko and me that lots of clubs are bound to be sniffing around Saido..." then that would be different, pure speculation and conjecture, as you posted. But the poster didn't, the post suggested authority, rather than speculation.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1121 on: November 05, 2014, 09:58:08 AM »
Is he really worth 25 million, in saying that we need him for the rest of the season if we want to remain in the premier league
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1122 on: November 05, 2014, 10:13:35 AM »
Is he really worth 25 million, in saying that we need him for the rest of the season if we want to remain in the premier league

I wouldn't say he is but the market for British players is really inflated and any player is only worth wahat someone wants to pay.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 10:18:49 AM by BB74 »

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1123 on: November 05, 2014, 11:26:01 AM »

If Andy Caroll was worth £35 million a few years back, Sado is easy a £25mill+ player.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1124 on: November 05, 2014, 06:00:01 PM »
Now, had the poster said "I was talking to a bloke in the club shop and he agrees with Jacko and me that lots of clubs are bound to be sniffing around Saido..." then that would be different, pure speculation and conjecture, as you posted. But the poster didn't, the post suggested authority, rather than speculation.

Careful Chipper, that's far too much like common sense.

On a similar thread i'd like to speculate that I'm about to become engaged to a fun/nice supermodel. Now I've commented on it, it's bound to happen and should now be treated as fact.

The thing with the doom mongers on here is that they are constantly negative and stating dour things as fact. Time and time again it's shown up as being utter bull and no one says anything. When eventually something properly bad does go down they'll be here to say "told ya, JP is ruining us".... Say something for long enough and it'll be eventually true.

Saido will one day leave. There, it's settled. Lets now put all this hot air to rest shall we?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 07:41:18 PM by KnaveofAlbion »
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input