Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1123560 times)

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #4425 on: June 25, 2019, 07:30:46 PM »
Jordan Hugull has scored 43 goals in 184 games playing for Port Vale, Gateshead, Preston, Tranmere, Hartlepool and Boro. Anyone who want's to sign player with those stats needs a lie down. We are trying to build a squad to get promoted not relegated to league one. Not surprised West Ham would want to try to offload their junk to us. We should stay well clear.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4426 on: June 25, 2019, 07:46:42 PM »
I agree re Hugill. Byron and Oxford plus about £12m cash is fine.

Use £8m of the £12m cash to cover the reduction in the parachute payment, and use the other £4m to cover wages for 2 strikers next season, one of which could be Andy Carroll if he’d come on a pay as you play deal and no signing-on fee! 

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4427 on: June 25, 2019, 08:08:30 PM »
I agree re Hugill. Byron and Oxford plus about £12m cash is fine.

Use £8m of the £12m cash to cover the reduction in the parachute payment, and use the other £4m to cover wages for 2 strikers next season, one of which could be Andy Carroll if he’d come on a pay as you play deal and no signing-on fee!
Personally wouldn’t be keen on Carroll , you are right that the pay as you play minimises risk....but I’d expect that if he were on 30k per appearance...the board would factor him potentially playing 80% of games and allocating funds against

However I would assume he just wouldn’t come to us anyway
China
UAE
Silly french club
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4428 on: June 25, 2019, 08:12:42 PM »
No deal for me, cash only, Hugull very average against us and totally agree, Assombalonga made a difference when he came on.
Don't mind swap deals if the players coming in are ones we are already interested in.
I think we will use the loan market big again this coming season, makes a lot of sense good prospects with the parent club paying half the wages.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4429 on: June 25, 2019, 08:43:30 PM »
No deal for me, cash only, Hugull very average against us and totally agree, Assombalonga made a difference when he came on.
Don't mind swap deals if the players coming in are ones we are already interested in.
I think we will use the loan market big again this coming season, makes a lot of sense good prospects with the parent club paying half the wages.

Yeah , get a good talented loan player who then gets called back to his parent club half way through the season and messes your whole season up !!!    Sound familiar !!!

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4430 on: June 25, 2019, 08:52:32 PM »
Yeah , get a good talented loan player who then gets called back to his parent club half way through the season and messes your whole season up !!!    Sound familiar !!!

So we shouldn't use the loan market in case any players may be recalled in January? We would be cutting off our nose to spite our face. While losing Barnes was a blow our form got no worse after he had left anyway!

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4431 on: June 25, 2019, 09:20:49 PM »

The answer is to insist on a 15th January recall deadline, thereby ensuring that we have two weeks minimum to replace a recalled loan player.  Where it goes wrong is when the patent club can recall the loan player far too late in the window to be adequately replaced.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #4432 on: June 25, 2019, 10:05:37 PM »
So we shouldn't use the loan market in case any players may be recalled in January? We would be cutting off our nose to spite our face. While losing Barnes was a blow our form got no worse after he had left anyway!
Our form might not have suffered but i think we'd have been better with him.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4433 on: June 25, 2019, 10:28:14 PM »
We shouldn't be considering loans with a recall unless it is for cover. We can't afford to lose our best performers because they are doing the business for us.

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4434 on: June 26, 2019, 09:30:57 AM »

We should build a team with our own players and use loan players as support players. It's no good having 5 loan players in who are your main players and then find that at the end of the season they go back to their clubs and we are left with nothing.  I thought that the message was that  we need to build a team for the future. Loan players give you a one season benefit and should never be relied on.

As for Harvey Barnes, if he had stayed with us we would have got promotion automatic.  The sides that went up were no good. In fact I see the championship being a tougher league this year.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4435 on: June 26, 2019, 09:41:48 AM »
Can we keep this thread to discussing Salomon Rondon rather than our views on loaning players.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4436 on: June 26, 2019, 10:05:17 AM »
Hopefully he can perform well in the last few games of the Copa America just to try and get a couple more clubs interested.

The quicker we can sell him, the quicker we can use the funds to try and get some replacements in.

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4437 on: June 26, 2019, 11:08:53 AM »
Hopefully he can perform well in the last few games of the Copa America just to try and get a couple more clubs interested.

The quicker we can sell him, the quicker we can use the funds to try and get some replacements in.

He will probably have a break after the Copa America and with only 6 weeks of the window open it doesn't leave much time to get a deal done.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4438 on: June 26, 2019, 11:18:33 AM »
If Rondon goes to West Ham then cash only please, I really don't want us committing to contracts for an at best average forward and a seemingly crocked full back. Dips in form and injuries happen but we need to avoid contractual millstones.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4439 on: June 26, 2019, 12:51:07 PM »
I have a feeling the Rondon saga will run for a while yet with clubs hoping the get a cheaper deal by waiting and running down the window etc. Hope I am wrong because the cash would be a great help right now.

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4440 on: July 01, 2019, 05:22:00 PM »
Sky are reporting that Benitez is about to be new Manager in China, 25m Salary 😳
Wouldn’t mind betting Rondon is on his hit list, we might just get that 16.5m price after all!

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4441 on: July 01, 2019, 07:27:03 PM »
Can but hope but we need a quick sale so we can get on with team rebuilding

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4442 on: July 01, 2019, 09:27:51 PM »
whens he due back in for training .

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4443 on: July 02, 2019, 10:37:54 PM »
Reports coming through that Leicester are buying Perez for £30 million. Currently having a medical. Very good news for us, fully expect Newcastle to bid big for Rondon now.
Boing Boing

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4444 on: July 02, 2019, 10:42:31 PM »
Reports coming through that Leicester are buying Perez for £30 million. Currently having a medical. Very good news for us, fully expect Newcastle to bid big for Rondon now.
You mean bigger than his release clause?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4445 on: July 03, 2019, 01:08:24 AM »
Regardless of who Newcastle sell or for how much I don't expect them to trigger Rondon's release clause. Benetiz is gone and he was championing Rondon's signing the powers that be were never keen on the deal.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4446 on: July 03, 2019, 01:17:50 AM »
Regardless of who Newcastle sell or for how much I don't expect them to trigger Rondon's release clause. Benetiz is gone and he was championing Rondon's signing the powers that be were never keen on the deal.

It wouldn't surprise me if Rondon followed Benitez to China

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4447 on: July 03, 2019, 04:16:11 AM »

Wouldn’t mind betting he becomes his first signing. Best chance of getting the full transfer fee. Was very keen to go 18 months ago, now he’s half price.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4448 on: July 03, 2019, 08:48:37 AM »

Had heard talk of this. Might represent our best chance to match his release clause.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4449 on: July 03, 2019, 09:11:07 AM »
I understand that Benitez brief is to recruit and develop Chinese players and that there are still restrictions on money going out of the country. if that is the case, he won’t be back for Rondon
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.