Author Topic: Official: James McClean signs for Stoke  (Read 487036 times)

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Official: James McClean signs for Stoke
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2015, 10:37:44 PM »
Brunt at LB is still a square peg for me despite doing OK there. We need to bring in 2 quality genuine full backs and a LM as first choice with Brunt as cover for both LB and LM.

Your quite right but you just know going into the new season Brunt will still be first choice LB and Dawson first choice RB.

Brunt should be a backup option and Dawson should be pushing Mcauley hard for a centre back role.

I understand Stoke fans used to have this debate on a regular basis about non fullbacks playing out of position so don't expect the issue to go away anytime soon even though the whole defence is very slow.   I'd be offloading Olsson as well to make room for a younger defender to come in but that won't happen either.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2015, 12:49:51 AM »
I thought we were supposed to be improving the squad? it is a no from me not good enough.

Blanco? Who looked extremely lightweight who Pulis nor Irvine rate aswell as having no premier league experience or a player who Pulis wants who does have premier league experience. I know who I would rather have.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2015, 09:47:01 AM »
Blanco? Who looked extremely lightweight who Pulis nor Irvine rate aswell as having no premier league experience or a player who Pulis wants who does have premier league experience. I know who I would rather have.

Replacing an average player who didn't play with another average player who may play is not improving the squad IMO. We are basically just filling the squad with bodies. We need to be replacing our regular starters with better players.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2015, 09:53:04 AM »
Replacing an average player who didn't play with another average player who may play is not improving the squad IMO. We are basically just filling the squad with bodies. We need to be replacing our regular starters with better players.
n

Thats how you improve your squad full stop. :)
If you buy them at the right age to in 3 seasons you should have a good 1st team & after 5 your squad should be right were you want it to be.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2015, 10:24:35 AM »

Likewise you could say he'll be replacing Sess, which for me says everything about Pulis you need to know.
"This crack is really moreish."

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2015, 10:47:13 AM »
were did I mention blanco? my post about Mclean was moderated as I am not allowed to put what I really think

superkev

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2015, 11:56:21 AM »
I cant put in what I think so will send my 3 season tickets back if this player signs
"

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2015, 12:06:08 PM »
were did I mention blanco? my post about Mclean was moderated as I am not allowed to put what I really think

You didn't but I'm basically saying would you rather have Blanco? Or Mcclean and listed reasons.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2015, 12:08:12 PM »
I cant put in what I think so will send my 3 season tickets back if this player signs

sad to hear, i do know of others that feel the same.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 12:10:43 PM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2015, 12:59:58 PM »

sad to hear, i do know of others that feel the same.

Handed mine back last season and will not be buying one this season if we sign him.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2015, 01:19:39 PM »
People still treat Lee Hughes like some kind of god even after what he did. This transfer is happening whether people like it or not so deal with it. If he has a flying start a lot of fickle peoples opinion will change.

I for one don't agree with his whole poppy stance thing but I understand where he is coming from, would any of us where a swastika(very extreme comparison I know)?
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2015, 01:20:10 PM »

I'm with you 100% mate. From what I've been hearing on the grapevine there will be many of us doing the same. I for one will not go while he is associated with our club. Staying on the football side of things to try to make sure this doesn't get deleted, it has made me smile people saying Brunty and this player will link up well. I doubt very much they will even f*****g speak to each other let alone pass to each other! Yet another reason why the club are making a HUGE mistake.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2015, 01:24:12 PM »
Why let pulis and this idiot turn you away from your club ? West brom was before them and will definitely exist after them, I say pulis for those wondering as he has identified this player extremely ignorant on he's part but then he is Welsh.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2015, 01:40:47 PM »

Your post wasn't moderated at all.

Furthermore, you can post whatever you like providing it remains within the site rules
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2015, 01:54:22 PM »
I wouldn’t worry, he won’t last long, I can’t see Pulis liking someone who divides the dressing room and who’s attitude and opinion of himself is so out of whack with his ability on the football pitch. What concerns me is Pulis signing him in the first place, obviously hasn’t done much diligence work on the type of character he is, mind you Pulis and his coaches don’t strike me and the most diligent and thorough when it comes to recruitment, infact me they strike me as a bunch who probably do most of their scouting by watching Match of the Day.
"This crack is really moreish."

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2015, 02:03:41 PM »
I wouldn’t worry, he won’t last long, I can’t see Pulis liking someone who divides the dressing room and who’s attitude and opinion of himself is so out of whack with his ability on the football pitch. What concerns me is Pulis signing him in the first place, obviously hasn’t done much diligence work on the type of character he is, mind you Pulis and his coaches don’t strike me and the most diligent and thorough when it comes to recruitment, infact me they strike me as a bunch who probably do most of their scouting by watching Match of the Day.
Well if that's the case, I'd prefer the Match of the Day method instead of our previous "buy unknown/unproven foreigners" approach which failed spectacularly for the past two years.

I believe Pulis actually, almost enjoys signing players with personal issues, he did it with a few at Stoke, and even here he tried to bring in Nash who was doing a court case at the time, I don't know if he wants to save them or something...

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2015, 02:17:47 PM »
Well if that's the case, I'd prefer the Match of the Day method instead of our previous "buy unknown/unproven foreigners" approach which failed spectacularly for the past two years.

I believe Pulis actually, almost enjoys signing players with personal issues, he did it with a few at Stoke, and even here he tried to bring in Nash who was doing a court case at the time, I don't know if he wants to save them or something...

mesish complex ?

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2015, 02:20:05 PM »
People still treat Lee Hughes like some kind of god even after what he did. This transfer is happening whether people like it or not so deal with it. If he has a flying start a lot of fickle peoples opinion will change.

I for one don't agree with his whole poppy stance thing but I understand where he is coming from, would any of us where a swastika(very extreme comparison I know)?
i couldn't care less how well he starts i won't be changing my mind you don't know me or my background so please don't call me fickle.

Albion07

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2015, 02:20:58 PM »
So you don't believe Pulis has asked any of Mcleans previous managers about his character/attitude etc.? Pulis has proven to be an excellent man manager, at Stoke and here keeping Berahino on the straight and narrow. I hope Mclean succeeds, everyone has a right to political beliefs and it's easy to see why he holds the beliefs that he does.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2015, 02:22:34 PM »

Furthermore, you can post whatever you like providing it remains within the site rules

All the posts were removed from this thread the other day because the thread went slightly off tilter. Nothing abusive from what I read, just a general discussion on the baggage that this bloke brings with him.
I'd go so far as to say that the discussion was within the site rules, but your one of the guys with the site rules so what do I know

My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2015, 02:23:43 PM »

i think you misunderstood mate, i didn't mean any of the mods had changed my post it was moderated by me!! If you get my drift i didn't want to overstep the line so kept it polite.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2015, 02:34:15 PM »

they are in there own way, some by handing back their tickets.
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2015, 02:45:05 PM »
Just noticed a tweet which I find quite interesting... I wonder how many of those fans suggesting they will trade in their tickets should he sign are fans of Lee Hughes. I for one think he will be a decent addition. Like someone else pointed out Pulis has proved he is an excellent man manager and there's no doubt in my mind he will do the same with Mcclean.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2015, 03:00:27 PM »
Can we keep this topic to McLean and the football side of things only , thanks.

Last request for the football side of this situation only otherwise the topic gets locked.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 03:11:43 PM by Dexy »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2015, 03:39:32 PM »
I've been out of circulation for a few days, so forgive the dumb question.
Have we actually signed Mclean ?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!