Author Topic: 27 Oct 2018 Albion 1 Blackburn Rovers 1  (Read 34193 times)

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #150 on: October 27, 2018, 06:16:41 PM »
Blackburn are a pretty decent team and we are not much better based on results and performances this season.
That being said does anyone else see the irony in this result?
10-15 minutes to score against 10 men with a midfielder in goal... I believe Mowbray was always talked about having no defensive skills as a manager when he was with the Albion and yet 10 men and an outfield goalkeeper held strong against our high scorers.
You can't make this stuff up... we are not that good after all.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #151 on: October 27, 2018, 06:28:31 PM »
In those 20 games we have gone from a team that held spurs to a clean sheet for the only time in the last twelve months to a team that - in a lower league - look like a team that may never keep a clean sheet again

And from a team that couldnt score a goal to a team that is the second highest scorer in Europe. We are both guilty of picking the facts to suit our argument but let’s give the guy some time shall we ffs.

ComebackStrodds

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #152 on: October 27, 2018, 06:31:18 PM »
Come on folks let’s just get with the reality that we are aiming for a playoff place and nothing more. Let’s lower expectations and get behind the boys. We’re albion not bloody Barcelona.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #153 on: October 27, 2018, 06:32:44 PM »
Come on folks let’s just get with the reality that we are aiming for a playoff place and nothing more. Let’s lower expectations and get behind the boys. We’re albion not bloody Barcelona.

Exactly. Your name says it all. You’ve seen the tough times and know that we do not have a divine right to walk this league.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #154 on: October 27, 2018, 06:39:38 PM »
Blackburn are a pretty decent team and we are not much better based on results and performances this season.
That being said does anyone else see the irony in this result?
10-15 minutes to score against 10 men with a midfielder in goal... I believe Mowbray was always talked about having no defensive skills as a manager when he was with the Albion and yet 10 men and an outfield goalkeeper held strong against our high scorers.
You can't make this stuff up... we are not that good after all.

You can say the same about 75% of the teams in this Division. And if we are happy with one point against all of them, we will end mid table. We have the advantage of parachute payments and kept most of our squad together from last season, so would be hoping for more against the likes of Blackburn. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

we8seals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #155 on: October 27, 2018, 07:13:55 PM »

If we set up in the Championship the way we did in that Spurs game the bedsheets would be out.
No. We set up like that and don’t concede - then let Rodriguez and gayle get the goals to win the game rather than keep us in it

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #156 on: October 27, 2018, 07:26:48 PM »
Exactly. Your name says it all. You’ve seen the tough times and know that we do not have a divine right to walk this league.

No we don't have a divine right to walk this league and for me nothing has changed, I still think we will be lucky to make the play offs.

For me the problems are caused by playing a player in the centre of midfield who has never looked like a central midfielder, no he didn't start today but it has led to problems all season so far, same as purchasing a centre half who is not a ball player to play alongside other centre halves who are not ball players and then deciding to play a system where ball playing centre halves would be more suited. Problems that could have been solved in the transfer window just gone even without spending vast sums. Until those issues are sorted we will struggle in games and have done so for large spells including our biggest win against QPR.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #157 on: October 27, 2018, 07:43:44 PM »
Thought Tosin, Daws, Townsend & Mozza all had good games today. Thought Mozza was really busy in midfield & produced some direct driving runs at the heart of midfield. Mind you that crossfield ball at the end........aaaarrrgggh

hantsalbion

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #158 on: October 27, 2018, 07:46:05 PM »
We play a 3 man defence with the idea to pass it forwads quickly so why do the 2 other defenders always pass it to Dawson for him to hoof up field

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2018, 08:09:24 PM »
No we don't have a divine right to walk this league and for me nothing has changed, I still think we will be lucky to make the play offs.

For me the problems are caused by playing a player in the centre of midfield who has never looked like a central midfielder, no he didn't start today but it has led to problems all season so far, same as purchasing a centre half who is not a ball player to play alongside other centre halves who are not ball players and then deciding to play a system where ball playing centre halves would be more suited. Problems that could have been solved in the transfer window just gone even without spending vast sums. Until those issues are sorted we will struggle in games and have done so for large spells including our biggest win against QPR.

Agreed. As I’ve said elsewhere the problems are obvious and we have to hope we iron them out. But some of the reactions on here are laughable. It’s a tough league.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #160 on: October 27, 2018, 08:19:35 PM »
I thought Sako looked decent and put a good shift in. Hoping we go with Gayle and Sako as first choice.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #161 on: October 27, 2018, 08:21:06 PM »

Like it mate  :D  just waiting for someone to blame Brunty for us not closing Reed down...

Everything else is his fault after all.

I thought Sako looked decent and put a good shift in. Hoping we go with Gayle and Sako as first choice.

Agree think I'd rather us drop Rodriguez than Bartley  :o
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #162 on: October 27, 2018, 08:30:05 PM »

Like it mate  :D  just waiting for someone to blame Brunty for us not closing Reed down...

Everything else is his fault after all.

Agree think I'd rather us drop Rodriguez than Bartley  :o

Nice twist there, haven't blamed Brunt for anything, read the whole post, if anything the blame is at the coaching staff not your mate, he just isn't good enough to play there.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 08:32:21 PM by OldburyWBA »

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #163 on: October 27, 2018, 08:35:13 PM »
Once again we got over-run in midfield second half, we couldn't get the ball for about fifteen minutes. The team looks unbalanced and dis-jointed still.

Big Dave's substitutions were poor yet again. He cannot wait to put Brunt into the middle of the park. Morrison and Livermore did well for the most part in midfield just needed another man.

When you need a goal you do not take off Harvey Barnes. He might not have had his best game but he can produce something at any moment.

Hoolahan was poor when he came on, lightweight and ineffective.

Bartley is pooh. Sorry, struggling to be more constructive than that.

Phillips is too deep too often.

Blackburn deserved a point.

MICKYMEL

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #164 on: October 27, 2018, 09:10:13 PM »
Johnstone 6 average score not much to do, good one on one stop 1st half

Dawson 6 ok, got the goal, muted celebration says a lot. Got too tight to dack and got rolled once 1st half

Tosin 8 best performance since been here. Laid back but gritty today

Bartley 4 . Even 4 is generous. Scrap it. 3

Phillips 5.5 confidence player, not fully fit yet wish he’d take fullbacks on more

Townsend 5 few nice runs but wasteful in delivery, often beaten in air , often out ball but didn’t deliver

Livermore 6 needed his presence after derby. Too heavy still but solid today

Mozza 7. Has class and prefer him to brunt/Barry there. Don’t mention that last minute pass into crowd

Barnes 5 ineffective today. Clear talent, tried extra touch too many today

Sako 6.5 encouraged by debut, tired as game went on but very difficult to shake off balk

Jrod 5 bad one on one miss and follow up
Whenever we are playing badly, just remember -
Paul Chrichton,Neil Parsley, Andy Mcdermott, Scott Darton, Winston White,Mark Angel, Fabian DeFreitas, Paul Williams......now, do you feel better?

Tatnam baggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #165 on: October 27, 2018, 09:45:50 PM »
I thought sako had a decent debut, Dawson & Tosi improved & mozza has a decent match. Bartley, usual dross, needs dropping when Hagarsi fitt. Baffled by taking Barnes off. In DM defence it was before they went down to 10 men, so probably regretted it. Should of won that! But a draw was a fair result. Still early days, once we start clicking, we’re have a half decent side.  I’m Happy, I had £5 on Dawson for first goal. Paid for my petrol travailing up from bmth.lol

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #166 on: October 27, 2018, 11:25:43 PM »
Dissapointing and frustrating today, particularly last 10 minutes when we couldn't fashion one shot on target! We have played sporadically this season but in most games at home we have had some wonderful phases of play....not today!  We looked disjointed at times and in the spell before the equaliser we barely touched the ball for about 15 minutes. A few thoughts...

I can't defend Bartlett any more.  Gave away the most ridiculous free kick for a push in the back in the first few minutes.  Why?? When he picks up the ball the whole ground is on edge. At one point he also lashed the ball across field into the stand then moaned at Phillips for....well I'm not sure what.  Sorry but not good enough to play in this formation and after Tosins improved second half Bartlett MUST be the one to make way for Hegazi.

JRod oh dear.  He works hard but is costing points.

Livermore and Jimmy at least looked like a central midfield but were still overrun at times.

On a positive...Sakho did om today and could become a real handful once he gets match sharp.  Better second half from Tosin.  Errr that's it.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #167 on: October 27, 2018, 11:46:59 PM »
And HRK? Why? Offers nothing.  Burke must be shocking in training for the management team to think Hal offers more

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #168 on: October 27, 2018, 11:55:29 PM »
Rot stopped is a positive but really wasted a chance at the end when they had a midfielder in goal.

Moore's subs leave me cold
O Albion we love you

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #169 on: October 28, 2018, 01:20:44 AM »
Dissapointing and frustrating today, particularly last 10 minutes when we couldn't fashion one shot on target! We have played sporadically this season but in most games at home we have had some wonderful phases of play....not today!  We looked disjointed at times and in the spell before the equaliser we barely touched the ball for about 15 minutes. A few thoughts...

I can't defend Bartlett any more.  Gave away the most ridiculous free kick for a push in the back in the first few minutes.  Why?? When he picks up the ball the whole ground is on edge. At one point he also lashed the ball across field into the stand then moaned at Phillips for....well I'm not sure what.  Sorry but not good enough to play in this formation and after Tosins improved second half Bartlett MUST be the one to make way for Hegazi.

JRod oh dear.  He works hard but is costing points.

Livermore and Jimmy at least looked like a central midfield but were still overrun at times.

On a positive...Sakho did om today and could become a real handful once he gets match sharp.  Better second half from Tosin.  Errr that's it.

Apart from Bartlett being Bartley you are bang on right. Rodriguez open goal miss was absolutely shocking and so costly, you cannot afford that type of thing.

4-3-3 is a must, the shape of the team is just not right.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #170 on: October 28, 2018, 01:58:24 AM »
I'd say it was a disappointing home turn out given it was more than 100 less than the last Saturday game vs Reading.

21,842 home fans, with 1,978 from Blackburn.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #171 on: October 28, 2018, 06:36:08 AM »
We play a 3 man defence with the idea to pass it forwads quickly so why do the 2 other defenders always pass it to Dawson for him to hoof up field

Probably because our midfield are too slow and fail to show for a pass from the defenders leaving them with little choice but to launch it.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #172 on: October 28, 2018, 08:15:10 AM »
Mixed bag for me Yesterday , should have won but could have lost it too.
Positives
Townsend played quite well coming out the cold
Dawson was better in the middle of the three
Livermore/Morrison pairing looks decent
Morrisons return , played well IMO
Tosin looked quite confident

Negatives
Bartley struggling badly , suspect if fit Hegazi would have played instead after Derby.
Jrod , had to play due to injuries but out of form , bad miss first half . Lot of huff and puff but nothing else.
3 at the back , not for me . Huge gaps down the side killing us.
Phillips , wasted in a role he's not suited to , spent spells against Blackburn miles away from where he should be just like the Derby game.
Overall not that bad , not worth booing it got but that system needs changing sooner rather than later.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #173 on: October 28, 2018, 10:05:50 AM »
Another disappointing performance - we were good in the first half and caused them problems but did not create enough chances - Rodriguez should have buried his opportunity.

The second half was calamitous and I cannot believe Moore and Jones allowed a 25 minute spell where we was over-run and did not get a touch of the ball. The ball repeatedly came back with Dack running the show. Their goal came as no surprise and we should be grateful their keeper got injured otherwise they quite possibly could have got a second.

Also, 15 minutes against an outfield player in goal and the best we could muster is two over hit corners. Not good enough.

Good to see Morrison back for assume he will now spend the next three months on the sidelines!!

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #174 on: October 28, 2018, 10:17:05 AM »
Another disappointing performance - we were good in the first half and caused them problems but did not create enough chances - Rodriguez should have buried his opportunity.

The second half was calamitous and I cannot believe Moore and Jones allowed a 25 minute spell where we was over-run and did not get a touch of the ball. The ball repeatedly came back with Dack running the show. Their goal came as no surprise and we should be grateful their keeper got injured otherwise they quite possibly could have got a second.

Also, 15 minutes against an outfield player in goal and the best we could muster is two over hit corners. Not good enough.

Good to see Morrison back for assume he will now spend the next three months on the sidelines!!

Brunt will be back in midfield next game.

First corner we had with an outfield player in goal we took an outswinger to near the edge of the box. The mind boggles sometimes it really does.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 10:19:08 AM by Atomic »