Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2372361 times)

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #8825 on: February 14, 2020, 06:58:31 PM »
Pep will be off if that’s the case along with KDB, Aguero, Sane etc...
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8826 on: February 14, 2020, 09:04:03 PM »
The Man City judgement has been coming for a while. The leaked emails showed a co-ordinated effort to circumvent the rules and had UEFA not responded the FFP rules were as good as a dead letter.

I know many regard the rules as a way of maintaining a cartel of the super rich but the problem is one of the general sustainability of football and collectively the game even under the FFP rules is still close to being insolvent and being propped up by a collection sleazebuckets with deep pockets and an image problem in need of a bit of a brush up.

Ultimately FFP is a symptom of the problem not the underlying problem which is one of income distribution and the unbridled greed of the few which is largely unrestrained by the football authorities who themselves are corrupt and lack any sort of vision.   
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8827 on: February 14, 2020, 11:10:48 PM »
Pep will be off if that’s the case along with KDB, Aguero, Sane etc...
Sane is as good as gone anyway
Aguerro was probably going to finish this season and run

Where would pep go, how much for KDB?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8828 on: February 14, 2020, 11:31:59 PM »
One of those where were you moments when the news came over the radio. In the kitchen cooking tea. Here's hoping Barcelona and their outstanding transfer deficits are next on the agenda.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8829 on: February 15, 2020, 08:26:51 AM »
Man City banned from UCL for 2 seasons. Will cripple them if they don't win the appeal.

So it should, its just cheating for rich people.
Baggie in Southampton

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8830 on: February 15, 2020, 09:29:18 AM »
Man City banned from UCL for 2 seasons. Will cripple them if they don't win the appeal.
Couldn't have happened to a nicer club
Been thumbing their noses at the plebs ever since they sold their rear ends to the *****(
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8831 on: February 15, 2020, 10:00:52 AM »
I don’t like FFP at the top of the game to be honest. If Man City’s owners are prepared to give them money (with no strings I might add) then they should be able to. Free economy after all.  Liverpool and Utd don’t like it because they want their fan bases to give them an insurmountable advantage.

The rules are hardly enforced fairly anyway, PSG must have over spent surely as I can’t image the french TV deal is anything like ours. The hypocrisy of La liga spouting rubbish too when Madrid outspent teams for years, they just don’t like it now someone else has deeper pockets.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8832 on: February 15, 2020, 10:21:42 AM »
Means that Sheff Utd currently sit in the 4th champions league spot and that Wolves are 3 points off champs league and firmly in the Europa league spots for a second year on the trot. Mad season for Sheff utd and we could have both them and Leicester as our representatives next year.
Boing Boing

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8833 on: February 15, 2020, 10:59:06 AM »
I don’t like FFP at the top of the game to be honest. If Man City’s owners are prepared to give them money (with no strings I might add) then they should be able to. Free economy after all.  Liverpool and Utd don’t like it because they want their fan bases to give them an insurmountable advantage.

The rules are hardly enforced fairly anyway, PSG must have over spent surely as I can’t image the french TV deal is anything like ours. The hypocrisy of La liga spouting rubbish too when Madrid outspent teams for years, they just don’t like it now someone else has deeper pockets.
Exactly this
Teams that spend and overspend...crying because other teams spend and overspend .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #8834 on: February 15, 2020, 12:16:11 PM »
Total scam if other clubs don't get punished for doing similar, about time punishment was dished out but the hypocrisy from Last Liga is laughable.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8835 on: February 15, 2020, 07:55:39 PM »
Liuverpool stretching their lead.
The title is theirs to lose.

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8836 on: February 15, 2020, 08:04:37 PM »
Liuverpool stretching their lead.
The title is theirs to lose.

They cannot possibly lose it
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8837 on: February 16, 2020, 03:57:27 PM »
Oh dear what a shame ;D Unlucky Villa :D

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8838 on: February 16, 2020, 05:00:48 PM »
I am feeling gutted for the vile lot from Witton.  :'( Crying with laughter, really.

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8839 on: February 17, 2020, 08:00:02 PM »
The Liquidator playing at Chelsea just doesn't seem right..

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8840 on: February 17, 2020, 09:49:06 PM »
I look forward to Harry Maguire the Manchester United player receiving a retrospective 3 game ban this week for violent conduct following this game tonight. Obviously United fans in the VAR room tonight.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8841 on: February 17, 2020, 10:00:26 PM »
Looks like another game ruined by VAR.  They can't carry on like this, surely.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8842 on: February 17, 2020, 10:16:12 PM »
The Chelsea offside goal was fair enough. His foot was clearly offside.

The disallowed Chelsea Zouma goal was debatable as Fred had firstly pushed the Chelsea player who then went into the United player resulting in the foul being given. Arguably United were lucky there.

Maguire blatantly kicks out at Chelsea player on the side of the pitch in much the same way as when Son got sent off via VAR very recently but this time when it goes to VAR the United player gets away with it. Then to rub salt in the wound Maguire scores later in the game to pretty much put the game to bed.

This VAR was supposed to stop the likes of Man Utd getting favourable decisions but it's still going on due to the clowns looking at the video in their little cabin. They need to explain that Harry Maguire decision and when it's found that they are corrupt or incompetent they should never be allowed in that VAR room ever again.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8843 on: February 17, 2020, 10:28:27 PM »
The ref rules.
It is when he is undecided and then should look a the VAR.
Until then and only uptil then, he should be allowed to control the game.
End of.
Simples.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8844 on: February 19, 2020, 12:55:47 PM »
Great news about Wenger proposing that from June offside should only be declared by var or refs if there is clear air between attacker and defender.

I remember this being the case a few years and I have wanted it back since as it is the only rule that will see var succeed and see more goals.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8845 on: February 19, 2020, 01:13:22 PM »
Great news about Wenger proposing that from June offside should only be declared by var or refs if there is clear air between attacker and defender.

I remember this being the case a few years and I have wanted it back since as it is the only rule that will see var succeed and see more goals.

I don't think his quite suggesting that, but what he is saying is that a player will be deemed onside if any part of their body is level or behind the last defender.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8846 on: February 19, 2020, 01:40:38 PM »
The Liquidator playing at Chelsea just doesn't seem right..
They are welcome to it. I can't see the point of it when our fans only use it to throw abuse at Wolves. For an opposition team and their fans before a game, it must seem irrelevant.   
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8847 on: February 19, 2020, 02:36:56 PM »
They are welcome to it. I can't see the point of it when our fans only use it to throw abuse at Wolves. For an opposition team and their fans before a game, it must seem irrelevant.
who cares about the opposition fans? Does it get the home crowd up for it? I think it does.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8848 on: February 19, 2020, 02:44:52 PM »
I don't think his quite suggesting that, but what he is saying is that a player will be deemed onside if any part of their body is level or behind the last defender.

So what if an attackers back foot while racing forwards is planted in line with a defenders back foot while they push out. Is that onside?

There is nothing wrong with offside as it is. It doesn't need a tolerance or any change. The way they are doing it is very close to being as clear cut and fair as it can be. It is the armpit fiasco they need to fix that is all which they can do by making it head and legs only (how often does someone score with shoulder or chest after all).

VARs problems are not with offside.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8849 on: February 19, 2020, 04:30:28 PM »
Just to illustrate the point having seen the story on the skysports website....

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11937560/ifab-rules-out-arsene-wenger-offside-rule-proposals-for-euros

In that picture Harry Kane is onside and there is no way that should be the case. Yes we want goals but that sort of situation would give attacker to much of an advantage. The art of defending would change and strikers would find it much much easier to have a running start. Pace would be even more powerful than it already is.