Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854277 times)

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #3500 on: March 09, 2019, 07:55:00 PM »
Bet some are sitting with a right smirk aye.

I hope we finish 7th and lose harper on a free. Sell rodriguez/Dawson/Gibbs/hegazi/Phillips all for half a mill each

**** off Albion.
Disappointed to see Big Dave go but COYB. Club will always be bigger than individuals. Hope you feel that way too in the future.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3501 on: March 09, 2019, 07:55:20 PM »
If you are a major investor in a club with investors behind you sentiment goes out the window. These guys obviously understand the financial implications for them. Regardless of tactics money is their main motivation. For those of us who witnessed the little and Buckley eras today was a throwback to that . I walked away from that ground fearing for our future .
Well look at the position of the other 2 teams that came down with us below them? Explains itself.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3502 on: March 09, 2019, 07:55:58 PM »
I just hope we have a proper manager lined up and aren't stuck in limbo for weeks which would be truly embarrassing.

Honestly I don't think Moore was good enough. That being said, it's stupid to sack him right now - they should have done it in the summer had we failed relegation. I think he would have got us into the play-offs and you never know from there, so to clarify the decision is ok but the timing is well off.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3503 on: March 09, 2019, 07:56:40 PM »
Laughing at the best of luck posts from those who have been sticking the knife in. Embarrassing.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3504 on: March 09, 2019, 07:56:49 PM »
I would suggest we now know why Jenkins went to China in the week
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3505 on: March 09, 2019, 07:57:23 PM »
Were getting a pounding from other clubs fans on social media.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3506 on: March 09, 2019, 07:58:03 PM »

Rightly so.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3507 on: March 09, 2019, 07:58:42 PM »

Why would anybody care what fans of other clubs think? Do any of them give a stuff about us?

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3508 on: March 09, 2019, 07:59:08 PM »
Bet some are sitting with a right smirk aye.

I hope we finish 7th and lose harper on a free. Sell rodriguez/Dawson/Gibbs/hegazi/Phillips all for half a mill each

**** off Albion.

So you're a Darren Moore fan and not an Albion fan?

I was probably his biggest critic and I'm not smirking, or celebrating. I'm relieved, and hopeful the club can get the right replacement.

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3509 on: March 09, 2019, 08:00:14 PM »
Based on wanting to get back up it’s the right decision for me. We had next to no chance in the play offs the way we have been playing (which as has been shown repeatedly wouldn’t be changing under Moore), therefore the only shot we have of going up this season is to give someone with some tactical nous a shot. Hopefully we have someone lined up, otherwise it looks to have been done too soon.

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #3510 on: March 09, 2019, 08:00:46 PM »
I would suggest we now know why Jenkins went to China in the week
Yep & suspect there is also someone already lined up.
Super sad to see Darren go, but while there is a chance to still go up via play offs the board have decided to act.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3511 on: March 09, 2019, 08:01:22 PM »
I feel sorry for Moore but he should never have been offered  the post in the first place.
The club have made the right decision, we were getting worse week by week as teams found out our weakness's and nothing was done to correct it. Home form is relegation form.
Don't worry about not getting into the play offs without him, we wouldn't have anyway, and he would probably have been given another season.
Nobody would be moaning if had no previous Albion connections.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3512 on: March 09, 2019, 08:02:05 PM »
So you're a Darren Moore fan and not an Albion fan?

I was probably his biggest critic and I'm not smirking, or celebrating. I'm relieved, and hopeful the club can get the right replacement.

Been an Albion fan since you was born kid.

Sacked in the dressing room apparently ? Like I said **** off albion

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3513 on: March 09, 2019, 08:02:15 PM »
Whilst I’m shocked, it does show that the owner is serious about wanting us to go up this season.

This next appointment is huge for the club.

mig

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3514 on: March 09, 2019, 08:03:11 PM »
If Moore was key to keeping Harper then he would have signed a new contract already. That the situation has reached the point that we'll likely lose him for free is mismanagement from a number of people at the club, including Moore.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3515 on: March 09, 2019, 08:04:06 PM »
Decision understandable , timing totally perplexing ,  2 games this week then almost two weeks til next game !!
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3516 on: March 09, 2019, 08:04:53 PM »
Whilst I’m shocked, it does show that the owner is serious about wanting us to go up this season.

This next appointment is huge for the club.

The next appointment is indeed massive, it has to be a progressive appointment and not a short term fix until the end of the season.

If it were to be the likes of Allardyce I would be truelly astounded.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3517 on: March 09, 2019, 08:05:12 PM »
we are now a national laughing stock

The decision will be lambasted by people who just see the league position, but I don’t think a lot of fans will understand it, even if they think it’s a tad soon.

How many times have we played well this season?

QPR second half
Stoke was ok
Bristol City for 20 mins having been battered
Reading was ok, shoreline flattered a little
Leeds outstanding
Ipswich ok
Swansea ok
Brentford not sure how we didn’t win
Sheffield United 2nd half
Wigan ok
Rotherham ok
Norwich ok
Bolton ok

I’m struggling since then.

Brentford and Leeds we were very good. 3 or 4 games where we have had a strong spell in the game and 8 Ok performances, most of which had little resistance.

There’s been 20 questionable games, especially recently.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3518 on: March 09, 2019, 08:06:01 PM »
Just read he was sacked in the dressing room half an hour after the match. He then went on to THAT interview with Radio WM  :o Pretty shocking if true.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3519 on: March 09, 2019, 08:06:08 PM »
Kudos to Jenkins for having the balls to make a tough decision.

Thanks to Darren Moore for his efforts.  I am just so disappointed because he’s had ample opportunities to learn but we are just getting worse.

We now still have some semblance of hope this season.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3520 on: March 09, 2019, 08:06:20 PM »
None of this matters. It’s now all about the replacement.

theboywiththe arabstrap

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #3521 on: March 09, 2019, 08:08:06 PM »
What I would say is that I've not seen a single post by people angry with this decision actually refuting any of the criticisms of big Dave's tactics etc.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3522 on: March 09, 2019, 08:09:11 PM »
Been an Albion fan since you was born kid.

Sacked in the dressing room apparently ? Like I said **** off albion

Harsh, but he would have known his remit for this season. He probably knew he had to win today. Shows the board are serious about promotion, which is backed up by the players we've bought and the wages they are being paid. If he was told he needed to get automatic promotion, then he'll know he's failed, I don't see how it's Jenkins/Lai's fault that we're 9 points from second?

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3523 on: March 09, 2019, 08:10:50 PM »
Jenkins has made mistakes previously but he has got this so right. Shame that's all links cut with big Dave now but we need to move on our next appointment is arguably the biggest and most important in the last 10 years if not more.

baggy_girl89

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3524 on: March 09, 2019, 08:11:20 PM »
It just feels really off that we gave the likes of Pulis and Pardew how long to correct things despite fans CLEARLY wanting them both out and our results and football being beyond dire. Moore has us sat in 4th with 10 games to go and it’s bye bye after the last few disappointing results.

Look, I’ve also had my frustrations at some of his decisions (like playing Gayle out wide)/persistence at playing it out from the back etc. - but I’m in shock and saddened by the decision all the same. Feel like there’s a small group of our fans that will moan and complain about anything and everything, so he never stood a chance with them anyway. Horribly fickle that don’t represent the masses but seem to make a lot of boring noise all the same sadly.

Think it’s a terrible decision but I’m hope I’m wrong and also hope we don’t at least get Pardew 2.0 in the form of Big Sam.