Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854283 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #3400 on: March 09, 2019, 05:55:34 PM »
If we stick with DM we stay in the champo at very best, we have less funds next year, we sell our better players and spent the next 5-10 years in champo mediocrity MAYBE. I believe if we keep with DM with a worse squad we may end up perennial relegation battlers. He is that useless.

Change to anyone with half a clue and we get a chance at making the play offs and as long as they have some level of footballing brain we may well win as ,ON PAPER, we have the better players.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3401 on: March 09, 2019, 05:56:15 PM »
Who is jumping on the band wagon and who says he’s been found out? Things can still change. Still laughing at you searching your own posts.

It's pretty obvious to anyone with a basic knowledge of football that Moore has been found out, though that's probably where you're struggling. Searching posts takes a second to do and backs up my opinion rather than making me look fickle, why wouldn't I do it?

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3402 on: March 09, 2019, 05:57:35 PM »
It's pretty obvious to anyone with a basic knowledge of football that Moore has been found out, though that's probably where you're struggling. Searching posts takes a second to do and backs up my opinion rather than making me look fickle, why wouldn't I do it?

The season isn’t over.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3403 on: March 09, 2019, 06:05:18 PM »
The season isn’t over.

Head in the clouds, I’d be surprised if we managed another win.

Jon Leko as sub today why, nowhere last few weeks, Montero unused.  Livermore in front of Harper, he must be having a laugh.  JRod and Gayle have been s—t together for weeks, still plays both.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3404 on: March 09, 2019, 06:06:54 PM »
I've been more than happy to back Darren Moore but to be honest at the moment i'm slowly thinking a change might be needed. I'm struggling to see what plan A was today let alone a plan B. Constantly doing the same things that are not working only end with one result.

Loyalty to some players will cost him along with his safety first approach, today was a day to take it to them, bench should have contained Kyle Edwards, Morgan Rogers, Rayhaan Tulloch, kids with something to prove who can come on and change a game, instead we get the old brigade, it was obvious Morrison was going to come on, if Adarabioyo had not gone down then Brunt was coming on, so predictable, only surprise was Leko but then if Robson-Kanu had been on there then that would have been the 3rd.

Seems strange with us 4th in the table that people including me are questioning the bloke but sometimes a change has to be made.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3405 on: March 09, 2019, 06:07:14 PM »
The season isn’t over.

I don't understand that attitude at all. It wasn't over last year when we held on to Pardew too long, yet if we acted sooner we could have stayed up. If we can improve our chances of getting promoted, why would we stick with a head coach that isn't working and doesn't show any signs that he can change things? Is it just because you like him?

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3406 on: March 09, 2019, 06:12:19 PM »
His radio wm interview was humiliating for him . He sounded lost . If I was the owner of the club listening to that it would leave me with no doubt as to what I needed to do regardless of how many people cry .

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3407 on: March 09, 2019, 06:13:25 PM »
DM's views online shortly, their keeper had a worldy and Gayle denied a penalty at 1-0 up has cost us the game is the jist of it.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3408 on: March 09, 2019, 06:13:30 PM »
Ahhh we are finally beginning to realise.

Complete joke and still insists on us playing stupid football out from the back when his players are not
Up to it.

And before anybody mentions Graeme Jones is behind the tactics then DM should have big enough balls to tell him and play his own way or make his own decisions.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3409 on: March 09, 2019, 06:15:20 PM »
Sorry it has to end now, otherwise we will limp into the playoffs absolutely flat, or worse still miss out altogether.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3410 on: March 09, 2019, 06:15:44 PM »
Yeah the whole "its Jones, its Jones!" is ridiculous. We apparently have a manager/head coach who is too weak to tell his number 2 where to go. FOr that alone he should be fired.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3411 on: March 09, 2019, 06:17:07 PM »
The season isn’t over.
Your support for Moore is admirable, but misguided
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3412 on: March 09, 2019, 06:31:42 PM »
I don't understand that attitude at all. It wasn't over last year when we held on to Pardew too long, yet if we acted sooner we could have stayed up. If we can improve our chances of getting promoted, why would we stick with a head coach that isn't working and doesn't show any signs that he can change things? Is it just because you like him?

I hate to blow your stereotype - but I never liked him as a player. He had next to no talent but a big heart. So the fact he is an explayer is of no interest to me.

I loathed Pulis and watch people in this forum proclaim that he needed multiple transfer windows to turn us into his Palace side. It was never going to happen and it didn’t. Pulis stripped the heart out the club.

Moore joins, gets some pride back. People write him off after a handful of games. Then moan upon moan when we don’t play champagne football. He is in his first year and I’d hate to throw him out when it’s quite obvious we aren’t going to walk this league.

In my opinion it is only now that we are genuinely right to worry. Barnes has been a huge loss and the team are looking short on imagination energy and confidence. I have remained balanced throughout my support of Albion over 42 years and this is my view.

For the record I thought play offs would have been a good finishing position.

Although what would I know as I apparently don’t go to games according to jacko.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 06:39:01 PM by frazzle »

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3413 on: March 09, 2019, 06:35:05 PM »
Did Moore drop half our team or were they injured? If the later hardly his fault for the poor result today.

Leeds game we went toe to toe tactical and our players came up short, bottom line is beyond our first 11 we woefully lack of quality.

Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3414 on: March 09, 2019, 06:35:22 PM »
I think if we can find a half decent replacement willing to take over we should get rid, Moore is unfortunately totally out of his depth. Today was an utter shambles, I can’t remember witnessing a match before where I couldn’t figure out our formation, not only that but it didn’t sound like Moore could either in his WM interview.

I certainly can’t recall ever seeing anyone play two in midfield for 90 minutes, which is what it appears just happened. Even if we’d had Fernandinho and Modric in there we’d have struggled. I don’t blame the players today I put the blame solely on Moore for that complete and utter farce of a system.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 06:37:46 PM by richjonawba »

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3415 on: March 09, 2019, 06:35:40 PM »
Very concerning - I expected a response after Leeds but what was served up this afternoon was worse.

Today was an opportunity to change - we blew it.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3416 on: March 09, 2019, 06:38:00 PM »
You have to blame our hierarchy for appointing him in the first place, but we always go for the cheapest option and going for cheap has cost us dear down the years.
You also have to blame Moore for being either daft or arrogant to accept a job with zilch managerial experience.
He should have said, i am flattered but this is Albions most important season for years, one that could be decisive for generations to come, and at the moment i am not the right person for the job.

When he was appointed i posted,"I feel sick", and it was removed.
I feel even sicker now.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3417 on: March 09, 2019, 06:38:09 PM »
Did Moore drop half our team or were they injured? If the later hardly his fault for the poor result today.

Leeds game we went toe to toe tactical and our players came up short, bottom line is beyond our first 11 we woefully lack of quality.

Unbelievable. How is it not his fault? He still allows and encourages us to play that pathetic football out from the back!! Absolute clueless and people still defend him. Mad. He still chose to play that awful system.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3418 on: March 09, 2019, 06:39:56 PM »
I have to say i was fairly happy when he was appointed but as i've said before getting people to perform when they are looking at a 30k a week paycut is clearly and obviously, not difficult. I was wrong about his appointment and i take it all back.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3419 on: March 09, 2019, 06:40:27 PM »
Unbelievable. How is it not his fault? He still allows and encourages us to play that pathetic football out from the back!! Absolute clueless and people still defend him. Mad.

So he is going around deliberately dropping players in your view or were they injured?

Don't worry our form dropped when brunt got injured, he is soon back to starting. :-*
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3420 on: March 09, 2019, 06:51:46 PM »
Any manager who is told what to do by his assistant isn't going to successfully manage a dressing room. As others have said, his loyalty to certain players is costing us points.

If he has any sense of what's right for the club, he will walk away and admit he's got it wrong on so many levels.

While there's still chance of promotion, he needs to go along with Jones. They are failing what they were brought in to do.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3421 on: March 09, 2019, 07:04:55 PM »

doesn't make good viewing against bottom of the league does it.

West Brom V  Ipswich

Possession
Home47%.  Away53%

Shots
Home16.     Away22

Shots on Target
Home5.       Away7

Corners
Home8.        Away7

Fouls
Home12.      Away9

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3422 on: March 09, 2019, 07:07:36 PM »
It’s time to admit that he is as clueless as I have said he is all along and do something to salvage the season as we are only headed one way if we keep him and Jones in charge. Successful business is about making the key tough decisions at the time time and to let it fizzle out to the end of the season would cost us massively.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3423 on: March 09, 2019, 07:11:14 PM »
Talksport are reporting he is on the brink of being sacked

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3424 on: March 09, 2019, 07:12:13 PM »
His radio wm interview was humiliating for him . He sounded lost . If I was the owner of the club listening to that it would leave me with no doubt as to what I needed to do regardless of how many people cry .

Thought the same. Sounded totally lost.
They had a go back and their keeper made good saves. A record for the amount of times a manager said the word game or today. That was the gist. For the record we played 343. A fluid 343

Actually felt sorry for him by the end of the interview.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son