Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854261 times)

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #1675 on: October 04, 2018, 03:12:23 PM »
I am not on facebook, etc but there cant be many who actually do want Moore sacked can there?!

I know people say stupid things heat of the moment but i would struggle of one reason to sack him! He is doing a very good job since he got it temporary, i think most think we could improve certain things but we are all football managers from our seats!

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1676 on: October 04, 2018, 03:13:32 PM »
The word "sack" should not be anywhere near Moore.

Like many, including notable media folk and even Bomber, I was surprised at his withdrawal of our two best strikers for HRK and a midfielder when we were trailing. His subs in general this season have been fairly confusing, but his overall approach and set up is fantastic.

If we keep up this pace we'll be there or there abouts come the end of the season.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1677 on: October 04, 2018, 03:25:35 PM »
Who's talking about sacking Moore?

With his record since he's been in charge there is zero chance of him being sacked and rightly so. I might not agree with everything he does but to even think about him getting sacked is mind blowing.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1678 on: October 04, 2018, 03:33:38 PM »
Who's talking about sacking Moore?

With his record since he's been in charge there is zero chance of him being sacked and rightly so. I might not agree with everything he does but to even think about him getting sacked is mind blowing.
no one, it was mentioned that Jones is here because of Dave, if Moore was sacked then Jones would leave too.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1679 on: October 04, 2018, 03:38:03 PM »
no one, it was mentioned that Jones is here because of Dave, if Moore was sacked then Jones would leave too.

Oh Ok.

That usually happens when a head coach is sacked the backroom staff often go as well.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1680 on: October 04, 2018, 03:42:06 PM »

Oh Ok.

That usually happens when a head coach is sacked the backroom staff often go as well.

Didn't happen here for a spell until Pulis came in, it was partly the reason that some became too comfortable leading us to need Pulis in the first place.

Not sure why anyone would want Moore sacked, he's doing a decent job, still a couple of things that need looking at but overall don't see how anyone can want him out
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1681 on: October 04, 2018, 05:58:55 PM »
I am not on facebook, etc but there cant be many who actually do want Moore sacked can there?!

I know people say stupid things heat of the moment but i would struggle of one reason to sack him! He is doing a very good job since he got it temporary, i think most think we could improve certain things but we are all football managers from our seats!
One bloke on here has been on   Big Dave back from day one and he is starting to get on my nerves he never has anything positive to say about the team I can't help thinking he is a dingle or vile on the quiet.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1682 on: October 04, 2018, 08:10:01 PM »
There is no way on this Earth that any Albion fan should be calling for Moore's dismissal even if things were going a lot worse than they are.

I also don't entirely buy the wait until we have a squad that is hand picked to play in the way Moore wants to play because that day may never come besides which what do you do in the meantime? . The squad is no more equipped to play any other style we don't have a natural target man so we are forced to play through the midfield  yes we could change our shape and personnel but at some point to get the benefit of the fire power we have to get the ball down on the deck and get the strikers into the box with the ball to feet.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 06:55:40 AM by Standaman »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

section5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1683 on: October 04, 2018, 10:24:12 PM »
Theres just one major issue and that's the defence.  Hegazi is so dodgy and Bartley can't be a second on the pitch without grabbing someone's shirt or commiting silly fouls. We've got the players in the mid to find the right formula but it's really a throwback to the Mowbray era, shall we see if Martis or Meite are up for a game haha. On a serious note I really wish big Dave the best and will him to do well but the defence is a real issue and I'd like to see Field starting more

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1684 on: October 04, 2018, 10:35:10 PM »
It doesn't matter how many you concede at the  end of the day so long as you win most of your home games and at least draw most of your away games. We are doing that and we are doing that with a defense that can only really improve .

In respect of DM and his subs yesterday,  hands up I was baffled by them, but with hindsight it was a fantastic call as the moves strenghend midfield, giving freedom to Barnes , and pushed Brunt wide to provide the service.

Plus it is better than Pulis

.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1685 on: October 04, 2018, 10:45:50 PM »
Think we were lucky yesterday to grab a draw and need to sort out defense because you can't keep expecting forwards to keep getting you out of trouble. Bartley is the weak link in a pourous defence and should either be sidelined or moved to his preferred right side of three. The midfield nerds to offer more for players coming out with ball which is causing lots of problems, Brunt is the weakling in Central midfield and should not be in there. Wednesday didn't open us up it was misplaced passing that led to goals.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1686 on: October 05, 2018, 03:19:59 AM »
Theres just one major issue and that's the defence.  Hegazi is so dodgy and Bartley can't be a second on the pitch without grabbing someone's shirt or commiting silly fouls. We've got the players in the mid to find the right formula but it's really a throwback to the Mowbray era, shall we see if Martis or Meite are up for a game haha. On a serious note I really wish big Dave the best and will him to do well but the defence is a real issue and I'd like to see Field starting more

I said before that this team was like mogga's team that went up in 2008 and after 11 games it had 17 points and scored 24 and conceded 14 and ended up champions with 88 scored and 55 conceded. That 11 game goals for and against is very similar.

Wasn't Meite only in the prem though?

I think it was bostin cesar and occasionally Pele too.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1687 on: October 05, 2018, 03:32:31 AM »
Nothing different to be honest just that these days theres more places like this for those views to be aired.

Point stands people want to start telling others to go down the villa or the wolves may find themselves looking for another forum, does nothing to get debate on here and just ruins what ever else you post. People have a right to air their opinion whether positive or negative without being told to go elsewhere for having a differing view.

I wouldn't ever tell our fans to become vile or dingle fans and go there.

Maybe it's expectation after 8 years in prem or just modern day impatience and the prevalence of social media but, a draw at sheff wed and one behind top spot wasn't treated like it was under the first promotion under God Gary.

I heard on the radio the other day that because of guardiola every fan wants there team to play passing/attacking football.

It's all about opinions and mine is that it's all about the wins and everything else is a bonus.

I have never left a game we've lost 3:2 thinking that was a great game and I don't mind losing.

In fact some of the best times supporting the Albion were under Meggo and his one nils.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1688 on: October 05, 2018, 07:08:20 AM »
Darren Moore has just been named Skybet Championship Manager of the month.

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/october/duo-scoop-september-awards/
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1689 on: October 05, 2018, 07:38:07 AM »
Well done Darren! ...just hope we get the win to match on Saturday, as I recall on previous occasions when an Albion Manager has won MOM we have lost the next game.... But we should have enough in the tank.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1690 on: October 05, 2018, 07:49:45 AM »
A well deserved award. It hasn't all been anything like plain sailing for him, but he is a rookie manager/head coach with a new way of playing that has got a basket case of a club more settled and the team to the very top end of a difficult division. Early days I know but the signs are good.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1691 on: October 05, 2018, 08:50:11 AM »
On reflection I am in complete agreement with Oldbury WBA's response to my post on negativity last night.  It is the diverse nature of opinion, both positive and negative, on a forum like this that makes it interesting and will keep me posting.  However, I don't think anybody is suggesting that posters would be better off at the Villa or Wolves, or even that negative comments should be discouraged.   It's just that it doesn't seem the Albion way as I know it!  I will get back to Darren Moore but to explain what I mean.....

I was born in Oldbury in the 70's but too late in the decade to have seen or even remember the real glory years in yellow and green.   Unfortunately, I was just old enough (a year is a long time when your a diddler) to be aware of Villa's European cup win and remember the number of Claret and Blue shirts that turned up at school after that.  That win gave all Villa fans I knew an arrogance and sense of superiority that held good for three decades.....and still seems to be instilled.  How can the tenure of a man like Bruce be ended by a cabbage!!  Funny yep......but at least Gould got the dignity of a coffin.   

Prior to the arrival of SGM my best days as an Albion fan were the Swansea semi-final at home and Ossie's day at Wembley...around that was a load of S***e to be honest.  How can you become arrogant and carry expectation with that background.   So I've been grateful to Sir Gary, the Celtic Judas (he's now forgiven) RDM, Uncle Roy and even SC for our promotions and subsequent success in the PL.  Then AP :( TP arrived; Peace wanted his investment protecting, football died and I lost the love.....nuff said.   Ignoring AP, we end up with Darren Moore and pride is restored but not our Premiership status. 

So we are now back at the level I know best with a manger who is a club legend, a fully qualified coach but first time manager learning on the job, one of our own from just down the road, playing ridiculously attacking football, using free transfers and not out of choice, who is great friends with one of the best coaches in the country, has an eye for real young talent (Barnes is REAL talent), a good man motivator (Dawson) and well liked within the game.  We are top scorers in the league, and even top for a few days!!  Good football, pride restored and as an aside West Brom just happen to have taken a punt on one of the few black managers in the country (a little nod back to our heritage).

And yet there are still the odd posters who seem unhappy with his appointment and are even now ready to call for his head?  I am probably just misreading the posts, just as it is easy to misread the intonation in texts and emails.   This is probably just in game frustration coming from a desire to win and do well, and wanting what's best for the Albion!!  However, this is not the Albion way I know and not the way of my Albion mates I spoke to this morning.... but I DO agree it does make the forum interesting and enjoyable to take part in, in a way a good old love-in would not.   I look forward to the "heated debates" when we do have that inevitable run of poor results.   

Apologies if my posts go on a bit........

Cracking post mate.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1692 on: October 05, 2018, 09:31:39 AM »
I said before that this team was like mogga's team that went up in 2008 and after 11 games it had 17 points and scored 24 and conceded 14 and ended up champions with 88 scored and 55 conceded. That 11 game goals for and against is very similar.

Wasn't Meite only in the prem though?

I think it was bostin cesar and occasionally Pele too.

No. He signed for us in the Prem' under Mowbray, stayed following relegation and played a part in our Championship promotion season under RDM. Wasn't used in the Prem' return League wise until Hodgson succeeded RDM and then put it some surprisingly good performances, most notably against Stoke from memory.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1693 on: October 05, 2018, 09:41:34 AM »
He’s only had what? 3 months of competitive football as a manager and already has two MOTM awards, pretty decent return that!!

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1694 on: October 05, 2018, 09:48:31 AM »
Hasn't got a clue though according to some..

Can't remember last time we had a due who won.
Roy/odemwingie?

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1695 on: October 05, 2018, 10:20:56 AM »
He’s only had what? 3 months of competitive football as a manager and already has two MOTM awards, pretty decent return that!!

But remember he has not got a clue. Pure luck. ???
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1696 on: October 05, 2018, 11:13:16 AM »
I would suspect this one from the in game chat is the one we all remember and find a little bit 'disturbing'?
Gayle and Rodriguez off?! Get out Moore, this is ridiculous
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1697 on: October 05, 2018, 11:36:44 AM »
I would suspect this one from the in game chat is the one we all remember and find a little bit 'disturbing'?
Gayle and Rodriguez off?! Get out Moore, this is ridiculous
Some of the anti-Moore comments are disgusting I dread to think what these so-called fans will be like when we have a rocky patch.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1698 on: October 05, 2018, 11:56:55 AM »
No. He signed for us in the Prem' under Mowbray, stayed following relegation and played a part in our Championship promotion season under RDM. Wasn't used in the Prem' return League wise until Hodgson succeeded RDM and then put it some surprisingly good performances, most notably against Stoke from memory.

I.thought you were saying that Martis and meiti were in the 2008  promotion team. I meant wasn't meiti bought in the prem.

I remember volmer, Moore and Gilchrist for the first promotion under god Gary.

But, wasn't sure about 2008.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1699 on: October 05, 2018, 12:14:15 PM »
 i just re-read the Sheff Wed in game chat and with the benefit of hindsight its hilarious.

My absolute favourite is this gem

Also, we are 40 yards from their goal. Unless we expect Barnes to run 40 yards with the ball, how exactly do we get in behind.

Got the lottery numbers please ???
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!