Author Topic: Kenneth Zohore  (Read 196696 times)

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

Re: Kenneth Zohore
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2019, 08:29:55 AM »
Surely its as much to do with the quality of the supplies to the strikers? That's where we should be concentrating our efforts more IMO. Our attacking approach since the disaster that was Pulis has been largely slow and poor (with the exception of Barnes).

This lad could well be OK given the right sort of chances...surely?

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2019, 08:31:00 AM »

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2019, 08:46:43 AM »
I asked a Cardiff fan on Twitter if he was really that bad last night, his response:

"He don't like running, he's not very good at heading, even the smallest defenders out muscle him, he can't pass and his shooting, well 10 goals in 2 seasons says everything really. Half our fans boo if he's brought on, its like playing with 10 men."

I know we have to judge him in our shirt but I just hope this is him not fitting in to a Warnock type system of play......  :-\
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2019, 09:20:05 AM »
Just remember you can ask 2 West Brom fans what they think of Rondon and you could get 2 totally different answers!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Jack Thrust

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2019, 09:35:28 AM »
Just ask yourself this question, who's opinion of a footballer would you trust more? Neil Warnock or Slaven Bilic?
Astle is the King

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2019, 09:46:25 AM »
Just ask yourself this question, who's opinion of a footballer would you trust more? Neil Warnock or Slaven Bilic?

At the moment Colin has the experience at Championship level Bilic is unknown.
Lets give Zohore a chance and judge for ourselves.
We stuck with the likes of Anichebi, Lambert, Luke Moore, Dobbie, Dichio, and to some extent Rondon who split the fanbase.
On the plus side he can't be any worse than HRK
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2019, 10:06:46 AM »
Tall, athletic forward inconsistent in front of goal with one year left on his contract -  out.  Tall athletic forward inconsistent in front of goal with one year left on his contract - in.  And we appear to be £8m up.   Time will tell, but seems ok to me.     

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2019, 10:15:20 AM »
Cant believe the garbage on here sometimes.Experts who seem to know everything about another teams player when you've probably never seen him play in the flesh.Listening to other fans who are about to lose one of there players to a league rival .Seems like the boo boys are out before he's even signed :-\

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2019, 10:22:16 AM »
From reading the comments obviously a player with the skill and potential but needs motivation. We have had a few like that.
Hopefully Zohore realises this may be his last chance to shine or get ito the prem either with or without us, and hopefully Bilic and Dicks can kick ass.

Actually i can see him and HRK forming a partnership like Allen and Nicholls, or Astle and Brown, or even Taylor and Hunt.

Actually i am joking and we need to sign someone to play alongside him.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2019, 10:29:49 AM »
The thoughts of a Cardiff journalist on Zohore

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-west-brom-both-16603561

This is probably a good thing to read for more of an impartial opinion

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2019, 10:41:34 AM »
Cant believe the garbage on here sometimes.Experts who seem to know everything about another teams player when you've probably never seen him play in the flesh.Listening to other fans who are about to lose one of there players to a league rival .Seems like the boo boys are out before he's even signed :-\
Apologies for asking a Cardiff fan about a Cardiff player I had no previous knowledge on. Clearly this makes me a 'boo boy' in your world.....

just out of curiosity what should we write about on a forum about a player we are likely to sign??

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2019, 10:57:00 AM »
Apologies for asking a Cardiff fan about a Cardiff player I had no previous knowledge on. Clearly this makes me a 'boo boy' in your world.....

just out of curiosity what should we write about on a forum about a player we are likely to sign??

I think it is more of a general observation ph as opposed to being aimed at you. I sort of feel the same to be honest. This one came from leftfield and caught us all offguard and scrambling for Wiki.

As you will see from the posts, some think the fee is too high, some are 'underwhelmed', and some refer to his poor strike rate. If, like me, you had never heard of him before yesterday morning then you have to assume that we have done our homework and he is a player that Slaven wants into the club, so we should get behind him regardless....

Your 'informed' view from a Cardiff fan is welcome. The article from the journalist in this thread is interesting as well.   
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 10:59:11 AM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #112 on: July 18, 2019, 11:03:21 AM »
Cant believe the garbage on here sometimes.Experts who seem to know everything about another teams player when............

....... in many instances they don't have a clue regarding our own players strengths and weaknesses  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2019, 11:38:57 AM »
I think it is more of a general observation ph as opposed to being aimed at you. I sort of feel the same to be honest. This one came from leftfield and caught us all offguard and scrambling for Wiki.

As you will see from the posts, some think the fee is too high, some are 'underwhelmed', and some refer to his poor strike rate. If, like me, you had never heard of him before yesterday morning then you have to assume that we have done our homework and he is a player that Slaven wants into the club, so we should get behind him regardless....

Your 'informed' view from a Cardiff fan is welcome. The article from the journalist in this thread is interesting as well.   
As i stated though, i'm hoping IF he is that poor it is purely the fact of playing in a Warnock team and this will be a move that re-ignites him, I have no opinion of him in any way shape or form as i had never even heard of him let alone seen him play and at 4-8 million you are going to get someone inconsistent or less prolific, if he wasn't either of them he would be a lot more expensive and probably wouldn't be coming to us.

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #114 on: July 18, 2019, 11:51:37 AM »

Correct! Not aimed at you .Just a general observation of some of the posts on here.lets judge later.Hes not even signed yet

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #115 on: July 18, 2019, 12:52:23 PM »

I liked this... and my answer is Bilic all day long! Let us give the lad a chance (assuming he actually signs)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #116 on: July 18, 2019, 01:05:49 PM »
Can I give an opinion on a deal or should I ask permission first? Understand only happy positive messaging is allowed like, so wondering if I should wait for approval?

The comments from opposing fans should be taken with a pinch of salt of course, but they are still valid, unless you think those in charge have super human powers that normal fans don't (just on the back of having played pro). If football fans on forums really do know f*** all about football, then why are any of you bothering to post on here in the first place, just adding to what you see as a load of bulls***?

The Cardiff journo is maybe the most useful as he will always try to give a balanced view and not take emotion into account.

I don't think the signing, when taken in isolation, is necesserily a bad one. He had potential 3 seasons ago and in an attacking team with a fresh pair of eyes he could take off.

Goals are also not everything, as if we get a forward who is a goalscorer as our next aquisition in the coming weeks then he could be a great partner (think Heskey).

I do however have some reservations about offering 8 million, however it is broken down in add ons, on a player with his track record. There will no doubt be similar players from Bundesliga 2, Ligue 2, Serie B, La Segunda and Portugal/Netherlands/Eastern Europe with a similar track record and style but who would probably cost half what we are paying.

My reservations are mainly down to it being a signal that the club's "transfer department" are not spreading their gaze wide enough. I'm not being an arm chair expert saying that, i'm juet basing it on having followed hundreds of football journalists from around the globe over the last 10 years who have reported on different leagues transfers and seeing how little the top clubs on the continent pay.
Boing Boing

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2019, 01:23:19 PM »
To me it depends on what % of our transfer budget this is using up . 70 % or more and it doesn't seem or feel like a good deal. 50% or less and its probably a risk worth taking
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2019, 02:25:03 PM »
I liked this... and my answer is Bilic all day long! Let us give the lad a chance (assuming he actually signs)

Don’t like Warnock and never have, much prefer Bilic. I will say that Warnock is not an idiot (this is a reason why). “He holds the record for the most promotions in English football, with eight”.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2019, 02:47:15 PM »
Don’t like Warnock and never have, much prefer Bilic. I will say that Warnock is not an idiot (this is a reason why). “He holds the record for the most promotions in English football, with eight”.
I think Warnock saw him as a target man, which he doesn't appear to be. He doesn't seem great in the air, either from the clips or from Cardiff fans opinions, so can see why he didn't fit a Colin style.
What he does seem to have though is power and pace and he's not scared to take on defenders, which suggests he may perform better in a more free role in a front 2 or 3. Step in Bilic to get the best out of him.
There is no doubt it's a risk but the outlay is not that great, around £4m I believe, with the add-ons only kicking in if he and, therefore we, are successful. In which case even at the full £8m it will be worth it.
Personally, I think he is well worth a shout and could be a very astute bit of business. Only 1 link in the chain though, more are needed for it to fully succeed.

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2019, 03:04:48 PM »
If we continue to leak goals anything even remotely like we did last year then we’re going to need this guy to seriously improve his scoring record. We had two 20+ strikers last year this guy would just about get 20 in two seasons, he’s not prolific by any stretch.

The play-off semi showed that we could defend if we wanted to, but DM didn't appear to have the tactical awareness to set us up right. I'm hoping the defending will be better now we have a more experienced manager and we may not need as many goals.

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2019, 03:19:14 PM »
Before Zohore moved to Cardiff permanently, he had a short loan spell there, scoring 2 goals in 12 appearances, of which only 2 were starts. He only played 258 minutes during that spell, averaging 1 goal every 129 minutes.

In his 2 full seasons in the Championship with Cardiff, he scored 21 goals in 65 appearances, 54 of which were starts.

His goal per minute average over those 2 seasons was 1 every 233 minutes, which is just over 1 goal per every 2.5 games.

He made 30 starts for Cardiff during their promotion season, so he has good experience and the pedigree of playing in a winning side in this division.

All things considered, his record at this level doesn't look too shabby to me.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #122 on: July 18, 2019, 03:30:29 PM »
How long on average does it take to sign a player after a fee has been agreed by both clubs. I think we might sign another one before the window closes.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #123 on: July 18, 2019, 03:35:56 PM »
How long on average does it take to sign a player after a fee has been agreed by both clubs. I think we might sign another one before the window closes.
depends on the player, may still be contracts, medical, photos and other nonsense. On average I’d say a day or two but can be condensed to a couple hours if needed on deadline day.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #124 on: July 18, 2019, 03:36:50 PM »
Before Zohore moved to Cardiff permanently, he had a short loan spell there, scoring 2 goals in 12 appearances, of which only 2 were starts. He only played 258 minutes during that spell, averaging 1 goal every 129 minutes.

In his 2 full seasons in the Championship with Cardiff, he scored 21 goals in 65 appearances, 54 of which were starts.

His goal per minute average over those 2 seasons was 1 every 233 minutes, which is just over 1 goal per every 2.5 games.

He made 30 starts for Cardiff during their promotion season, so he has good experience and the pedigree of playing in a winning side in this division.

All things considered, his record at this level doesn't look too shabby to me.

Good post!

I hope we can get this and at least another in by tomorrow so we've got Krovinovic, Zohore and another all in to integrate for the next friendly so we aren't getting too many bodies in with barely any friendlies left.

depends on the player, may still be contracts, medical, photos and other nonsense. On average I’d say a day or two but can be condensed to a couple hours if needed on deadline day.

Didn't he have to return from America? That would delay it significantly.