Author Topic: 4 Nov 2023 Albion 3 Hull City 1  (Read 9567 times)

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

4 Nov 2023 Albion 3 Hull City 1
« on: October 05, 2023, 09:25:47 PM »
I along with wife and sister are planning to buy tickets for the Hull game next month as we will be in the area then. This, can you believe, will be my first home game in attendance since I think the 1980s.

Can you recommend the best areas for seats in terms of views and the stand with the least boisterous fans.

boing_boing68

• WBA Coach

Re: Attending Hull game
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2023, 09:58:41 PM »
Smethwick End- where the home fans and away fans both sit so will be boisterous

Brummie Road- behind the other goal, full of Albion fans. I'd sit here if you want some atmosphere but not very boisterous

East Stand- if you stay away from the corners then it's not very boisterous, great views though, side view

Halfords Lane- unless you are old then stay away  ;D
Baggie Terra

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2023, 10:36:32 PM »
The East for the best view and seating.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2023, 10:41:38 PM »
The East for the best view and seating.
Without doubt offers the best view and I personally have never known there to be any problems in the stand.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2023, 01:38:41 AM »
Correct me if i'm wrong, but Smethwick end is only season tickets so not an option anyway?

Which means east stand for view - higher up the better, and less close to way fans if you don't want boisterous. So as close to halfway line as you can.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 01:40:16 AM by Mikkyk »

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2023, 11:14:17 AM »
Thanks for all the suggestions. Looks like East stand then and top tier around the half-way line.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2023, 11:57:56 AM »
Correct me if i'm wrong, but Smethwick end is only season tickets so not an option anyway?

Which means east stand for view - higher up the better, and less close to way fans if you don't want boisterous. So as close to halfway line as you can.

Will do, you're wrong.

You're also very welcome  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2023, 01:14:31 PM »
Block F2 will probably be your best bet mate. I doubt you'll get any closer to the halfway line than there. The view there is very good though. If I were you I'd be getting them as soon as is possible because the seats will probably be snapped up quite quickly.

Failing that you can always go in the West Stand like me. We're not too boisterous in there. Be careful not to wake us up though.  ;)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2023, 09:49:39 AM »
Bangkokbaggie. One thing to consider before sitting in the West Stand is legroom. There isn't any. It's very cramped.

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2023, 02:53:55 PM »
Bangkokbaggie. One thing to consider before sitting in the West Stand is legroom. There isn't any. It's very cramped.

I'll be fine at just 5' 7"!!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2023, 03:46:23 PM »
I'll be fine at just 5' 7"!!!

I'm only one inch not quite as short as you and still got my knees squashed by the bloke in front. Honestly chap go for that spot in the East Stand that's been recommended further up the thread if you can.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2023, 06:12:15 PM »
I'm only one inch not quite as short as you and still got my knees squashed by the bloke in front. Honestly chap go for that spot in the East Stand that's been recommended further up the thread if you can.
Very brave of you to admit that.😉
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2023, 09:01:54 AM »
Very brave of you to admit that.😉

More of a humble brag than an admission  8) .

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2023, 04:14:02 PM »
Hi again,

I'm struggling to figure out the best way to get to the Hawthorns. We'll be staying close to Stourbridge Town train station at Premier Inn. I had thought the tram ran to Stourbridge but it appears not.

Any suggestions on the best route using public transport.

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2023, 04:22:57 PM »
Hi again,

I'm struggling to figure out the best way to get to the Hawthorns. We'll be staying close to Stourbridge Town train station at Premier Inn. I had thought the tram ran to Stourbridge but it appears not.

Any suggestions on the best route using public transport.

I think I have answered my own question now! It looks like regular and frequent trains run from Stourbridge Junction and stop at The Hawthorns. Is that right? I previously thought it was just a tram stop.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2023, 04:51:02 PM »
I think I have answered my own question now! It looks like regular and frequent trains run from Stourbridge Junction and stop at The Hawthorns. Is that right? I previously thought it was just a tram stop.
You got it mate think there’s 4 or 5 trains an hour from Stourbridge Junction !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2023, 04:51:09 PM »
They do Bangkok, yeah. Only issue is that UK trains nowadays outside London are as reliable as those in the developing world. And that's before the train strikes, which are frequent. In theory train is your best bet though.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 04:55:09 PM by Baggies »
Boing Boing

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2023, 09:48:46 AM »
Block F2 will probably be your best bet mate. I doubt you'll get any closer to the halfway line than there. The view there is very good though. If I were you I'd be getting them as soon as is possible because the seats will probably be snapped up quite quickly.

Failing that you can always go in the West Stand like me. We're not too boisterous in there. Be careful not to wake us up though.  ;)

I managed to get 2 seats together in Block G2 quite high up. Hope the view is OK.

A couple of questions. I joined as a non-paying member and was required to upload a photo in order to view what was available and make a selection. Would I be correct that the other ticket for my wife doesn't require her photo to be uploaded as a member too?

The second question is what is the process these days entering the ground. I have ordered paper tickets to be posted. I am guessing that with technological advances the tickets will have some kind of barcode or similar to scan and gain entry, is that correct?

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2023, 10:38:22 AM »
I managed to get 2 seats together in Block G2 quite high up. Hope the view is OK.

A couple of questions. I joined as a non-paying member and was required to upload a photo in order to view what was available and make a selection. Would I be correct that the other ticket for my wife doesn't require her photo to be uploaded as a member too?

The second question is what is the process these days entering the ground. I have ordered paper tickets to be posted. I am guessing that with technological advances the tickets will have some kind of barcode or similar to scan and gain entry, is that correct?

You will be fine in G2 mate. The views from the East Stand are good in general. Some prefer higher up, some prefer lower down but as you've chosen higher up yourself you should give it easily to your liking.

You are correct. Once you've bought the tickets there is nothing else necessary your wife won't need to do anything.

Your tickets will have a square barcode thing on it. All you do is hold the barcode up to the barcode reader in the turnstile. These readers can be temperamental and slow occasionally but they generally work fine. There will be a steward positioned at that turnstile to help you if you need it anyway.

Enjoy the game mate. Let's hope Albion put on a performance for you.  ;)

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2023, 07:43:36 PM »
Hi again.

Just one final question. Are you able to take small bags into the stadium (subject to random checks possibly?)?

There are certain valuables such as tablet that I don't wish to leave in the hotel room which is the reason for my question.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2023, 09:00:45 AM »
Hi again.

Just one final question. Are you able to take small bags into the stadium (subject to random checks possibly?)?

There are certain valuables such as tablet that I don't wish to leave in the hotel room which is the reason for my question.

Yes you can. The checks aren't random though, if you have a bag it will be checked (might not be a thorough check though.)
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

4 Nov 2023 Albion 3 Hull City 1
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2023, 11:14:39 AM »
West Bromwich Albion v Hull City

Saturday 4th November 2023 15.00pm

Please use this board for all your After Match Debate. Away fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

In Game Chat
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2023, 11:15:26 AM »

Please use this board for all your In Game Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules

Please keep this board Albion related, there are boards elsewhere in General Sports to discuss other games

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Pre Match Chat
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2023, 11:15:46 AM »

Please use this board for all your Pre Match Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2023, 11:18:11 AM »

PRICES

£28 Adults, £23 Seniors, £18 Disabled, £17 20-25, £12 17-19, £5 u17

SALE DATES

Home season ticket holders & members ONLINE ONLY - Monday October 9
Home season ticket holders & members online, phone, in person - Wednesday October 11
General sale online, phone, in person - Monday October 16

MEMBERS WITH LESS THAN 25 POSTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO OFFER TICKETS FOR SALE OR REQUEST TO BUY TICKETS ON WESTBROM.COM.
 ANYONE IGNORING THAT RULING WILL HAVE THEIR POST REMOVED.