Author Topic: Jonathan Bond  (Read 31432 times)

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 11:08:11 PM by Political Cake »

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL: Bond signs
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 04:04:03 PM »
That was unexpected. Solid 3rd choice and a good age at 25, allows Palmer to go out on loan. Expect Simon Moore will sign in the next week or so as the 2nd choice.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 04:07:15 PM »
Very unexpected.

Welcome to the club.
Find it a little bizarre at his age he would be willing to sign knowing he may potentially be 3rd choice ( if we are still after Moore).

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 04:07:43 PM »
is this the guy who was at Watford at some point ?

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 04:22:49 PM »
is this the guy who was at Watford at some point ?
yes, started his professional career there I believe
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 04:42:14 PM »
Reasonable back up.

Now thats sorted it would be nice if we could find a Felipe Teixeira type from somewhere

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 06:22:38 PM »
Good back-up to have - surprised to see us heading into a season with three competitive goalkeepers. Pleasing to see that the club are targetting young individuals with their best days ahead of them
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 06:25:56 PM »
Welcome to the Albion Jonathan.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 06:28:57 PM »
Wasn’t this guy highly rated at Watford?

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 07:10:17 PM »
Welcome aboard Jonathan. Boing Boing!

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 09:25:25 PM »
Surely we won't be signing Simon Moore now? This is a great signing. If we do sign Moore, Bond will be No.2 and Moore No.3.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2018, 09:34:15 PM »
Surely we won't be signing Simon Moore now? This is a great signing. If we do sign Moore, Bond will be No.2 and Moore No.3.

Neil Cutler wants a 3-man goalkeeping department who can all push each other in training, probably why Foster wanted out. I expect Simon Moore will be signed and will start as the number 2 as he's older and has more Championship experience. We'll allow Palmer to go out on loan.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2018, 11:40:58 PM »
Neil Cutler wants a 3-man goalkeeping department who can all push each other in training, probably why Foster wanted out. I expect Simon Moore will be signed and will start as the number 2 as he's older and has more Championship experience. We'll allow Palmer to go out on loan.

Total waste of wages in my opinion.

Bond has more Championship experience than Moore and in my opinion is more than adequate as a No.2 in this division.

To go and pay £500k+ for a goalkeeper to sit on the bench or in the stand, when we already have a capable No.2 is overkill in my opinion. Waste of resources. Like having two spare wheels in your boot.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2018, 02:32:24 AM »

All this stuff about Foster wanting out because he felt he couldn't hack the league or the idea that he didn't like the 3 man goalkeeping set up is utter nonsense. He was on 70k a week here and didn't want to lose half his wage and that's it. Foster has gone back to Watford where he had two good years on loan but honestly I've lost all respect for the man. Best of luck to both Bond and Johnstone (and possibly Moore)

Doobuy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2018, 09:20:11 AM »
Goldfingers ?

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2018, 09:55:02 AM »

All this stuff about Foster wanting out because he felt he couldn't hack the league or the idea that he didn't like the 3 man goalkeeping set up is utter nonsense. He was on 70k a week here and didn't want to lose half his wage and that's it. Foster has gone back to Watford where he had two good years on loan but honestly I've lost all respect for the man. Best of luck to both Bond and Johnstone (and possibly Moore)
correct me if I’m wrong but I seem to remember from past post that you tend to have some ITK info, is this from that source. I was under the impression that foster was told we would be signing a Johnstone and he wasn’t going to be guaranteed first choice keeper anymore.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2018, 09:56:29 PM »
I don't understand why we need 3 senior goalkeepers in the championship. Maybe champions league clubs need it as they play so much football, but we play a couple of rounds of cup football and then all league.

Yes, it allows Palmer to go out on loan which is great, but why in gods name do we have 5 other goalkeepers in the under 23s and under 18s on the club website (if it is up to date as it does appear to be). That means the club will have 9 goalkeepers on our payroll. What is the point?

If our 6 academy produced goalkeepers are worth keeping, they should be ok to be 3rd choice goalkeeper.
Boing Boing

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2018, 10:22:05 PM »
correct me if I’m wrong but I seem to remember from past post that you tend to have some ITK info, is this from that source. I was under the impression that foster was told we would be signing a Johnstone and he wasn’t going to be guaranteed first choice keeper anymore.

Foster wanted out as soon as we went down, all his posturing about staying was total BS, has been stated on here by albion79 and has been confirmed elsewhere to me by someone who has contacts in the club

BaggieNick

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2018, 09:37:54 PM »
We've been expecting him...

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2018, 10:02:45 PM »
The name's .......

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2018, 10:05:00 PM »
Foster wanted out as soon as we went down, all his posturing about staying was total BS, has been stated on here by albion79 and has been confirmed elsewhere to me by someone who has contacts in the club

Yep,heard pretty much the same
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2018, 11:28:39 PM »
His song writes itself... James Bond tune- Johnny, johhny bond
O Albion we love you

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2019, 05:08:37 PM »
Looked good today, granted he only had one proper save to make but he did well with it, pushing it around the post and away from danger.

Looks very comfortable with the ball at his feet as his distribution seemed pretty good too, certainly more comfortable than Johnstone has been looking!
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2019, 05:21:55 PM »
Looked good today, granted he only had one proper save to make but he did well with it, pushing it around the post and away from danger.

Looks very comfortable with the ball at his feet as his distribution seemed pretty good too, certainly more comfortable than Johnstone has been looking!
Said the same
His starting position is much better than Johnstone and he seemed to communicate better with the guys at the back
Granted it was a cup match and he wasn't too busy but I think he looks better
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2019, 05:36:21 PM »
I appreciate today was his first game (albeit only due to late illness for Myhill) but i'm amazed that he is currently number 3 behind Myhill who we released and then re-signed so know all about and who for me has never shown anything to suggest he should be number 1. I think Bond has been unlucky since he came here to not figure, hopefully he showed Moore today that he is a decent keeper.

Only way we will ever know is if we see him regularly which unless injuries come to Johnstone (and then Myhill) we will never know.