West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Team  (Read 1444 times)

Offline vrabbit

• Youth Baggie
Re: Team
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2018, 04:58:46 PM »
good news shame about chadli though, I'm accepting that we won't see Mozza again now !
How long has Mozza got left on his contract? didn't he get another 2 years when it looked like he was off to Boro?

imagine if he had gone to Boro and ended with TP there too  :-X

Offline Adder

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2018, 05:05:23 PM »
good news shame about chadli though, I'm accepting that we won't see Mozza again now !
How long has Mozza got left on his contract? didn't he get another 2 years when it looked like he was off to Boro?
Looks like his contract is up end of this season - there's a further year in the clubs favour.

Offline baggiebof

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2018, 05:22:10 PM »
Foster

Dawson
Hegazi
Evans
Gibbs

Krychowiak
Yacob

Brunt
Rodriguez
Phillips

Rondon

Myhill, Nyom, Barry, McLean, Leko, Burke, Robson-Kanu

This is a definite 4-2-3-1 with inverted wingers for good measure. Also please note the bench, as many attacking options as possible. I expect us to see a similar lineup in a shape more like a 4-4-2 but don't think our bench will be as adventurous which is a shame, as we may need options on there to go for the win.

Offline dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2018, 05:49:17 PM »
Gareth Barry will start tomorrow's game 100% guaranteed 
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

Offline Adder

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2018, 10:05:38 PM »
Foster

Dawson
Hegazi
Evans
Gibbs

Krychowiak
Barry

Brunt
Rodriguez
Phillips

Rondon

Offline WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2018, 10:25:21 PM »
Foster

Dawson
Hegazi
Evans
Gibbs

Krychowiak
Barry

Brunt
Rodriguez
Phillips

Rondon
You beat me to it Adder - I was going to post that line-up as pretty much being the one I think AP will pick, with the only question mark in my mind being whether or not he wants to find room for Livermore in the side.

Offline baggies_24

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2018, 08:50:33 AM »
Foster

Dawson
Hegazi
Evans
Gibbs

Krychowiak
Barry

Brunt
Rodriguez
Phillips

Rondon

That's the team I'd put on but I can garantuee he'l drop Greg for Livermore and I'm pretty sure he'l try and shoehorn Robson - Kanu or McClean into the team as well.

Offline Pie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2018, 09:20:40 AM »
                    Fozzie

Dawson  Hegazi   Evans   Gibbs

Krycowiak Barry

Phillips      J-rod           Brunt

Rondon

Offline frazzle

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2018, 12:21:56 PM »
That's the team I'd put on but I can garantuee he'l drop Greg for Livermore and I'm pretty sure he'l try and shoehorn Robson - Kanu or McClean into the team as well.

Understand why you say that but with Phillips now fit I think the team almost picks itself. Livermore hasn't been picked to start the last two games so it may well be that Barry and Krychowiak are now the first pick - which I would agree with.

I agree with the starting side that most of us seem to have settled on, and unless there's a last minute injury I fully expect Pardew to go with this team. Formation will be interesting though as personally I would like to see 442 with Brunt wide and two up front where I think there may be the initial suggestions of a partnership. I also think that JRod and Rondon should switch in terms of who goes deep - I'd like to see JRod as out and out striker with Rondon just behind him, winning the ball and feeding it through - if we are through one on one I'd prefer to see JRod through rather than Rondon.

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Coach
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2018, 02:05:16 PM »
Foster

Dawson
Hegazi
Evans
Gibbs

Krychowiak
Barry

Brunt
Rodriguez
Phillips

Rondon

Spot on, very pleased.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline frazzle

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2018, 02:06:17 PM »
Team as I expected and I think we all hoped:

Foster

Dawson
Hegazi
Evans
Gibbs

Phillips
Krychowiak
Barry
Brunt

Rodriguez
Rondon

Pardew has given the players a chance and I think this is our strongest eleven.

Offline baggies_24

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2018, 02:08:32 PM »
Happy with that team but Jesus that bench is shocking low on quality attacking options.

Offline royhan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2018, 02:09:22 PM »
A strong starting line up, but I can’t see anyone on the bench capable of making a difference if things go pear shaped. It is an ideal game to have had Burke on the bench. We should also have Tyler Roberts back from his loan spell.

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Coach
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2018, 02:09:51 PM »
Must be the worst substitutes bench we've put out for over 10 years. Save for McAuley, Yacob and Nyom I don't want any of them near the pitch.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline frazzle

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2018, 02:20:49 PM »
Must be the worst substitutes bench we've put out for over 10 years. Save for McAuley, Yacob and Nyom I don't want any of them near the pitch.

I was so excited about the starting eleven that I also glanced at the bench. Let's hope our first eleven does the trick because the bench will only play a part if we are hanging on to a win.

Offline Tony,Germany

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2018, 02:42:16 PM »
Can't understand what Sam Field has done wrong.....!
Can't even get on the bench,
Pretty sure the games he has played this season have been the most productive !!!
Sir Gary (sure he would have won a game by now, unlike Pardew!!! ) started him in both his games form memory....

COYB

Offline Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2018, 02:49:06 PM »
Can't understand what Sam Field has done wrong.....!
Can't even get on the bench,
Pretty sure the games he has played this season have been the most productive !!!
Sir Gary (sure he would have won a game by now, unlike Pardew!!! ) started him in both his games form memory....

COYB
Pardew specifically said that Field didn't do what he told him to do in the first half of his first game, hence he moved him to the left. obviously that is still the case and feels that there is something in his game that he doesn't or cannot trust.

Offline Tony,Germany

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2018, 03:02:34 PM »
Pardew specifically said that Field didn't do what he told him to do in the first half of his first game, hence he moved him to the left. obviously that is still the case and feels that there is something in his game that he doesn't or cannot trust.
Surely considering the poor run we have had there has been more than just Sam Field who are not doing the right thing,
They still seem to either be getting a game or on the bench...!

COYB