Author Topic: 20 Sept 2017 Albion 1 Man City 2 (Carabao Cup 3)  (Read 47914 times)

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #275 on: September 22, 2017, 09:36:41 AM »
If we were listing our central midfield options as a pecking order, for me, based on performances, it would have to be:

1. Krycho
2. Gaz Baz
3. Yacob
4. Livermore

Don't think we can consider Mozza as an option in there any longer, and would hope Mozza finds game time only off the bench from hereonin as his performances when starting have not been of the required standard.

I can accept a midfield three containing three of those players away at the likes of Arsenal, City etc but not against the teams who would be considered in and around us, like the Brighton's. Pulis selecting that team against Brighton still rankles with me, it was absurd.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #276 on: September 22, 2017, 10:15:54 AM »
If we were listing our central midfield options as a pecking order, for me, based on performances, it would have to be:

1. Krycho
2. Gaz Baz
3. Yacob
4. Livermore

Don't think we can consider Mozza as an option in there any longer, and would hope Mozza finds game time only off the bench from hereonin as his performances when starting have not been of the required standard.

I can accept a midfield three containing three of those players away at the likes of Arsenal, City etc but not against the teams who would be considered in and around us, like the Brighton's. Pulis selecting that team against Brighton still rankles with me, it was absurd.

Think your assessment is pretty much spot on, as well as Morrison being benched I'd argue the same for Brunt.

If we were to play Brighton this weekend with the same line up I'd feel happier knowing that Krychowiak likes to push forward and can play a decent pass as he's shown in the last couple of games (just keep him away from freekicks!) but that's the benefit of hindsight.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill