Author Topic: Jake Livermore  (Read 467160 times)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Jake Livermore
« Reply #775 on: January 05, 2018, 04:16:10 PM »
Common sense has prevailed..

Well some good news for a change ! well done the FA (for once)
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #776 on: January 10, 2018, 03:23:20 PM »
I note that quite rightly Jake has not been charged for his croude infringement.
I wonder what happened to the scumbag,anyone know?

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #777 on: January 10, 2018, 03:43:00 PM »
I note that quite rightly Jake has not been charged for his croude infringement.
I wonder what happened to the scumbag,anyone know?

Said at the time he'd been arrested and banned by west ham. dunno if its gone any further?

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #778 on: January 10, 2018, 06:54:59 PM »
Said at the time he'd been arrested and banned by west ham. dunno if its gone any further?

The quotes from the FA say that they are satisfied with West Ham's dealing with the issue, saying they've identified and intend to ban the fan. It's confirmed that the idiot mentioned something about Jake's son.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #779 on: January 12, 2018, 03:27:15 PM »
West ham have confirmed that they've issued an indefinite ban to the supporter now.

Jake Livermore: West Ham ban fan over Jake Livermore altercation - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42667472

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #780 on: January 12, 2018, 09:57:25 PM »
I'm glad Jake was not punished, that being said his constant presence in the lineups is still baffling. He's not great at anything, he's pretty good on defensive duties but not as good as Yacob, and he doesn't offer much going forward. His greatest attribute is his ability to play a full game but that doesn't mean much if he doesn't contribute a whole lot when he's on the pitch. I believe he has played the most minutes in the PL for us this season after Hegazi and Foster.

It's time to give someone else a chance in midfield. Barry is almost as good defensively and offers better help to those in front of him. Krychowiak may have not shown the consistency I'd expected from him but even if he isn't in top form he hasn't been worse than Livermore and he's a better all-around player than Jake is. I'd go with either Barry or The Pole next to Yacob and leave Livermore as an option off the bench.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #781 on: February 18, 2018, 01:58:24 PM »
He joins us. He gets into the England squad. He tries to do a Cantona and smash a fan. We stand firmly and very publically behind him. He goes out, breaks a club curfew, gets hammered and ends up in a stole taxi.

He can leave the club now as far as I'm concerned. 

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #782 on: February 18, 2018, 02:02:10 PM »
He joins us. He gets into the England squad. He tries to do a Cantona and smash a fan. We stand firmly and very publically behind him. He goes out, breaks a club curfew, gets hammered and ends up in a stole taxi.

He can leave the club now as far as I'm concerned.
By what mode of transport?

It's a difficult one, most of these players could actually be semi decent at prem level, in the champ, McLean,Livermore,Gibbs Phillips should be smashing it....
So do we cut our nose off?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #783 on: February 18, 2018, 02:05:56 PM »
By what mode of transport?

It's a difficult one, most of these players could actually be semi decent at prem level, in the champ, McLean,Livermore,Gibbs Phillips should be smashing it....
So do we cut our nose off?

He will want to leave when we get relegated either way regardless. To do what he did, after we gave him so much support is inexcusable.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #784 on: February 18, 2018, 02:15:26 PM »
He will want to leave when we get relegated either way regardless. To do what he did, after we gave him so much support is inexcusable.

I totally agree. The only thing I would say is that the majority of footballers don't care about the fans or their support. It's their job to play football, they are mercenaries. Think of the abuse footballers get when they play away from home, it generally doesn't make that much difference to their performance.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #785 on: February 18, 2018, 04:31:39 PM »
I personally am hoping that someone like Sean Dyche is silly enough to buy him in the summer.

An awful footballer and one I would be happy to see the back of.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #786 on: February 18, 2018, 04:54:10 PM »
I personally am hoping that someone like Sean Dyche is silly enough to buy him in the summer.

An awful footballer and one I would be happy to see the back of.

I actually think he's a better footballer than he has been allowed to show, but when he got such great support from the club after West Ham, to throw it back at us as he did is massively disrespectful.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #787 on: February 18, 2018, 07:51:50 PM »
He's on too much money for us and wages could be better spent elsewhere. 
Has had some very bad stuff in his personal life which club and fans have offered great support and then he has acted like this.
If found guilty by internal investigation i wouldn't be bothered if the club sacked
Him- gets him off wages regardless of league we are in
O Albion we love you

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #788 on: February 18, 2018, 08:07:44 PM »
can not remember a game he`s played well for us, needs to be moved on in summer.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #789 on: February 24, 2018, 11:41:30 PM »
Lost count how many times Livermore lost the ball today.
Whilst there is a mass exodus in summer I bet we get stuck with this clown
O Albion we love you

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #790 on: February 25, 2018, 12:16:56 AM »
Lost count how many times Livermore lost the ball today.
Whilst there is a mass exodus in summer I bet we get stuck with this clown

Was going to say the opposite, I didn't really see what he did (if anything) once coming on. Actually think it was a really poor management decision by Pardew bringing him on for Barry when he did. It was obvious Barry was going to get pelters (I'd have taken him off at half time and stopped all of that), and then he brought on Livermore who offers nothing different whatsoever to Barry (although saying that we had nothing else on the bench whatsoever)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #791 on: April 09, 2018, 09:46:20 AM »
Not all bad news, it appears the deluded ones have shown an interest in him for next season.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/aston-villa/transfer-talk/news/villa-keeping-tabs-on-jake-livermore_323003.html
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #792 on: April 09, 2018, 12:41:16 PM »
Please let him have a release clause.  He is woeful, I don't see what anyone sees in him, £10million and £50,000 a week.  Thanks Pulis.
"This crack is really moreish."

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #793 on: April 09, 2018, 01:04:41 PM »
Please let him have a release clause.  He is woeful, I don't see what anyone sees in him, £10million and £50,000 a week.  Thanks Pulis.

If you think "England International Livermore" is woeful just wait until we're scrambling around for midtable championship players.  Like it or not, he'll be better than most of the Championship next season.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #794 on: April 09, 2018, 01:11:37 PM »
If you think "England International Livermore" is woeful just wait until we're scrambling around for midtable championship players.  Like it or not, he'll be better than most of the Championship next season.

I actually don't think he will be, which is a concern.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #795 on: April 09, 2018, 01:32:54 PM »
There are probably one or two players in all positions at mid table Championship clubs that would improve us. Fulham are not mid table now but Tom Cairney has been there 3 years. It's not going to happen but him playing AM for us would transform us. Hopefully we are scouting far and wide for at least one new AM signing this summer.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #796 on: April 10, 2018, 02:08:22 PM »
I actually don't think he will be, which is a concern.

I think if you look at things from a neutral point of view then it's pretty clear Livermore would be a cut above next season.  I can't see many clubs in the Championship who would say no to him and I imagine he'll get offers from newly promoted \sides who just survived.

But let's say you're right, and players like Livermore, McClean, etc aren't good enough for the Championship...  Considering our approach to transfers, the money we'll have available, etc, do you really think we'll be buying players who are comfortably better than those?  Based on what?

The problem is expectations and whether as fans we'll realign them.  We expect more from McClean\Livermore because we are were a Premiership side.  If you put those two players into a side that's in League 1 the fans will rave about them.  Our fans appear to be way more 'scapegoaty' than we used to be so even if they stuck around I don't see things changing for them.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #797 on: April 15, 2018, 10:04:31 PM »
Thought he had a decent game today. Broke up play when he could, kept running and always tried to move us up the pitch.

Better performance than what we’ve been used to.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #798 on: April 16, 2018, 12:59:36 PM »
Thought he had a decent game today. Broke up play when he could, kept running and always tried to move us up the pitch.

Better performance than what we’ve been used to.

Looking at the last two games, he probably has improved. He doesn't really excel at any one thing, but he's been playing what is probably a more natural role rather than just holding, and it's obvious he's got the engine.

I still wouldn't be disappointed to see him go this summer though.

Backofthenet

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #799 on: April 16, 2018, 01:19:58 PM »
I wouldn't be sorry to see him go. It's odd how some of the more disappointing 'stars' are now beginning to perform. Is it a shop window chance or guilt feeling?
Personally there's quite a few who we will be better of without and we are well overdue a cull to this squad.