West Brom Dot Com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Next Match Forum - 21/04 Liverpool (H) / Re: Pre Match Chat
« Last post by AlbionFan on Today at 06:29:36 PM »
;D I have noticed more posts for this match compared to 3 only for Yanited game??? Maybe spirits are up a bit??

Think we will "nick it" 2-1,they will be playing a weakened team before the Euro game. :D

Hope springs eternal!
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Craig Dawson
« Last post by Jordie1471 on Today at 06:28:26 PM »
We're about to finish bottom and have kept hardly any clean sheets this season.

I don't think any of our defenders should be rated that highly.

Our previous head coach was the most defensive coach in the country so was always going to make our defenders look better than they are
« Last post by timdon on Today at 06:25:04 PM »

Definitely not. Tarkowski is a proper centre back. Dawson a back up one.

If Dawson wasn't overrated by our fans he'd have displaced a 35 36 and 37 year old GMac in the 3 seasons prior to this. This year he's behind Hegazi in the pecking order. Sorry he's just not THAT good. In addition his mobility and forward play as a fullback is borderline laughable.
Dawson didn't replace GMac for two reasons
1 Gmac was awesome during those 3 seasons
2 Pulis likes his full backs to be tall, and we had no tall right back of the necessary standard and height, and Dawson ticked the right boxes, so Pulis asked him to convert to full back. Gmac would have been a godawful full back, so no real alternative.
You always struggle to give Dawson credit and you are very quick to be critical of him. Your opinion but would be interested to know your opinion of
1 Do you agree, from what you have seen, that he is better at centre back than at full back?
2 Do you think he would be above average in either position in the Championship?

Suppose I'm just curious to see how badly you actually rate him, and does he get any brownie points from you for his professionalism, commitment and consistency?
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: So was our last decade a success?
« Last post by AlbionFan on Today at 06:03:50 PM »
Compared to preceding decades (80’s, 90’s), I would say, undoubtedly, YES!
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: The Kids next season
« Last post by AlbionFan on Today at 05:54:06 PM »
On this issue, I believe we are in the hands of the new Head Coach, to all intense and purposes.

I consider most of our fan base, me included, like homegrown talent, they relate to us and we relate to them.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Jay Rodriguez
« Last post by AlbionFan on Today at 05:44:02 PM »
Let's hope jrod dosen t say much more about it, bong might take it the wrong way

I agree, but not because Bong might take it the wrong way, but because it’s been settled by an independent panel, that’s the end of it.

If JR responds, where will it end? The problem is Bong’s he needs to get over it no matter how clear his conscious is, it’s over move on!
« Last post by AlbionFan on Today at 05:36:36 PM »
Dawson, if he stays, would be an asset in the Championship at either fullback or center back.

The issue for me is whether the new Head Coach can improve him, at either fullback or center back positions, so that he would be an asset in the Premier League, when we get back, mind you he might be a pensioner then  :D

Having said that, I’m sure there will be a host of Premier League teams interested in him in the summer.

On a personal note, I like Dawson, he has never caused us an trouble, unlike other alleged  “better” players, is professional, is prepared to improve himself and can score the odd goal.

We can’t just dump all our players, it’s not practicable, we should endeavour to retain as many of the better ones as is possible and I consider Dawson to be one of those.

West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Jay Rodriguez
« Last post by mank baggie on Today at 05:17:38 PM »
In a perverse way I believe that the more Bong goes on about it the better it is for JRod as anyone who had sympathy with Bong now think he is trying to justify his untrue allegation. Anyway is old news now
Let's hope jrod dosen t say much more about it, bong might take it the wrong way
« Last post by TheJacko2000 on Today at 04:54:21 PM »
I'd put him on a level with Tarkowski at Burnley.

Definitely not. Tarkowski is a proper centre back. Dawson a back up one.

If Dawson wasn't overrated by our fans he'd have displaced a 35 36 and 37 year old GMac in the 3 seasons prior to this. This year he's behind Hegazi in the pecking order. Sorry he's just not THAT good. In addition his mobility and forward play as a fullback is borderline laughable.

« Last post by MarkW on Today at 04:26:00 PM »
Doesn't mean he isn't overrated more a comment on our recruitment. I just don't think he is anything but bottom 6 premier league defender . 

I'd put him on a level with Tarkowski at Burnley.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10