Poll

Will you be taking up your option of receiving the Covid vaccine.

Yes
90 (86.5%)
No
11 (10.6%)
Undecided
3 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1185001 times)

albion59

• Senior Baggie

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #3050 on: May 22, 2020, 04:49:12 PM »
I am not criticising the number of tests John, I am criticising the government on not telling us how many people were tested. 250,908 people have tested positive out of how many people tested is what they should be telling us.
No you criticising the government? Well there's a shock.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3051 on: May 22, 2020, 04:53:38 PM »
I am not supporting the numbers in any way, but when I have a blood test for my health reasons, there are 5 vials which need to be examined.
To me, that is five tests, even though it is only one needle and blood taking.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3052 on: May 22, 2020, 05:02:06 PM »
No you criticising the government? Well there's a shock.

;D As I would with any government who hid the truth.  ;D
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3053 on: May 22, 2020, 05:06:20 PM »
As I said before at my sister in law's home, the first test of a resident was negative, the second test was positive, clearly two tests.
Baggie in Southampton

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3054 on: May 22, 2020, 05:10:17 PM »
I am not criticising the number of tests John, I am criticising the government on not telling us how many people were tested. 250,908 people have tested positive out of how many people tested is what they should be telling us.

Bear in mind, that the data is mainly for analysis & it's not perfect, I believe the data shows how many tests were completed (some people are tested more than once).
If the reliability rate is constant, then, for analytical purposes, the number of tests works ok.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3055 on: May 22, 2020, 06:00:45 PM »
I am not supporting the numbers in any way, but when I have a blood test for my health reasons, there are 5 vials which need to be examined.
To me, that is five tests, even though it is only one needle and blood taking.

I'd disagree personally, if someone said "have you had a blood test today?", you would answer, yes, I've had 5.  Or if the doc said you've got a blood test next week they don’t say you've got 5 blood tests.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3056 on: May 22, 2020, 06:13:15 PM »
I'd disagree personally, if someone said "have you had a blood test today?", you would answer, yes, I've had 5.  Or if the doc said you've got a blood test next week they don’t say you've got 5 blood tests.
When I have a blood test it is always for 5 or 6 things my Dr doesn't say  you need a  blood test he says you need to get your bloods done. So how is that interpreted? As far as I'm concerned they are testing 5 lots of blood for 5 diferent thing's so  that is 5 tests.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3057 on: May 22, 2020, 06:24:41 PM »
When I have a blood test it is always for 5 or 6 things my Dr doesn't say  you need a  blood test he says you need to get your bloods done. So how is that interpreted? As far as I'm concerned they are testing 5 lots of blood for 5 diferent thing's so  that is 5 tests.

I would call that one blood test, but if my nose was swabbed for Covid, then that test was inconclusive and had to be repeated, that is clearly two tests.
Baggie in Southampton

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3058 on: May 22, 2020, 06:42:08 PM »
Bear in mind, that the data is mainly for analysis & it's not perfect, I believe the data shows how many tests were completed (some people are tested more than once).
If the reliability rate is constant, then, for analytical purposes, the number of tests works ok.
It certainly doesn’t count completed tests! it also includes tests sent out by post/courier currently accepted to be around 30/40k per day. There are rumours in places of another form of figure massaging emerging today too ,surely the number of individuals tested is a far better guide .
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 07:53:05 PM by hardtobeat »
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3059 on: May 22, 2020, 07:01:26 PM »
Have the tests allways been classified this way? Or is it a recent change?

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3060 on: May 22, 2020, 07:04:45 PM »
It certainly doesn’t count completed tests! it also includes tests sent out by post/courier currently accepted to be around 30/40k . There are rumours in places of another form of figure massaging emerging today too ,surely the number of individuals tested is a far better guide .

Yes you're right, it would

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3061 on: May 22, 2020, 07:11:59 PM »
It wouldn't matter too much if they'd laid out how they wanted to count the tests up front.  If they'd said it was going to include posted out tests, batch tests sent to care homes, a throat and nasal swab as two, then fair enough. 

But they set off by saying it would be 100,000 PEOPLE tested.  And even when they did great to get to 70k then they could have owned that still, but no, they opted to obfuscate, if not outright lie.

And again, it wouldn't matter too much if it wasn't for the fact that test and trace is needed to ensure we don't have a second bump.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3062 on: May 22, 2020, 07:17:55 PM »
You live once....how many birthdays do you have ?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3063 on: May 22, 2020, 07:21:07 PM »
You live once....how many birthdays do you have ?

Only one, all the rest are annual anniversaries.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3064 on: May 22, 2020, 08:25:34 PM »
Not sure the link below, which is to the Ipsos MORI website and contains Infographics, videos, vlogs, and polls on the Pandemic, will be everyone’s cup of tea, but it has some interesting features and provides a flavour of public opinion, attitudes and behaviours.

Source: https://www.ipsos.com/ipsos-mori/en-uk/public-opinion-covid-19-coronavirus-pandemic
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3065 on: May 22, 2020, 08:57:18 PM »
I am posting this as I genuinely would like to know if others are of the same mind as me or if I am totally out of step with current thinking on this, or am I being naive in thinking no one in this crisis have acted with “malice aforethought”, but in “good faith” with “no intention to do harm”, but the reverse to that.

I really do hope there is an independent, full, thorough and transparent investigation at the end of all of this into the events and what was done right and what could have been done better. I deliberately didn’t use "wrong", as normally, in unprecedented circumstances, they are only apparent after the event in my view.

I want an investigation, not to apportion blame, but something more meaningful that we can dissect, analyse and learn lessons from, to be better equipped for any such future events, (god forbid) and not recriminations that become a shuttlecock between opposing combatants and, which I consider would serve no real purpose.

If we enter into a blame game and start holding individuals, official bodies, organisations et al, to account through the full force of the law, where and at what point would you draw the line? This approach would be none productive, only transparency, stifling truth and honesty.

Can you imagine the complications and complexities of taking civil or criminal proceedings in these circumstances?

For example, a scenario on a civil action,  if A caught Covid-19 and is sure he caught it from neighbour B, as he came round to A’s house and no one else had visited A, the balance of probability is that B gave it to A. Is it B’s fault?

Let’s just consider for a moment the possibility that, a Doctor and/or Nurse, who had saved hundreds of other lives, made a clinical error with a Covid-19 patient, resulting in the loss of a life and a criminal charge and proceedings followed. Would we really want to see a conviction? I personally wouldn’t, unless it was through gross negligence and even then, if a doctor and/or nurse had worked intense 18 hour shifts a few days running, would it be unreasonable to acknowledge those mitigating circumstances as contributory factors?

I consider that the same principals should apply to official bodies, organisations et al, who, no doubt will have the finger of blame pointing in their direction in the fullness of time.

I'm sure there are many holes in the above, but I hope you can see the principle of my mindset on this.

Your thoughts would be welcomed for or against.

And so it begins

“The NUE teachers union has written to every school head saying that they will be sued if any teachers catch Cov19. Not quite the spirit of the NHS. The government should bring out an emergency act to stop this nonsense.”

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8321419/Teachers-union-threatens-SUE-school-chiefs-staff-risk.html
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3066 on: May 22, 2020, 09:32:00 PM »
And so it begins

“The NUE teachers union has written to every school head saying that they will be sued if any teachers catch Cov19. Not quite the spirit of the NHS. The government should bring out an emergency act to stop this nonsense.”

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8321419/Teachers-union-threatens-SUE-school-chiefs-staff-risk.html

Paid half as much as nurses, twice the time off, get back and do your bit you work shy charlatans.
Baggie in Southampton

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3067 on: May 23, 2020, 01:58:09 PM »
Professor Karol Sikora Twitter Account

"There's been a remarkable recovery from the virus in London.

Reports are stating just 634 new cases have been recorded in the last fortnight.

Considering the size and density of the city that is amazing.

The rest of the country should follow soon."
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3068 on: May 23, 2020, 03:48:30 PM »
Also, has anyone seen our Prime Minister recently?

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3069 on: May 23, 2020, 04:16:31 PM »
Just watched the daily briefing. Does anyone else think it's getting more like a party political broadcast every day?
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3070 on: May 23, 2020, 04:18:15 PM »
Just watched the daily briefing. Does anyone else think it's getting more like a party political broadcast every day?

The rambling on about the building of railways lines was bizarre. What on earth does that have to do with the crisis?

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3071 on: May 23, 2020, 04:39:56 PM »
Professor Karol Sikora Twitter Account

"There's been a remarkable recovery from the virus in London.

Reports are stating just 634 new cases have been recorded in the last fortnight.

Considering the size and density of the city that is amazing.

The rest of the country should follow soon."
My neighbour is a nurse at the QE. She says that there are only 9 corona virus patients in the ward at the moment.
Perhaps we can see the light at the end of this dark tunnel.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3072 on: May 24, 2020, 02:42:00 PM »
Latest hospital death toll in England
NHS England has announced 147 new deaths of hospital patients who tested positive for Covid-19, bringing the total number of confirmed reported deaths in hospitals in England to 25,691.

Of the 147 new deaths announced on Sunday:

– 28 occurred on May 23
– 40 occurred on May 22
– 12 occurred on May 21
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3073 on: May 25, 2020, 07:12:16 PM »
Outdoor markets and care show rooms to reopen from June 1st

Nonessential retail shops are to open from June 15th

All this provided premises are covid secure

Government trying to change the message - quite rightly.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3074 on: May 25, 2020, 07:22:13 PM »
Outdoor markets and care show rooms to reopen from June 1st

Nonessential retail shops are to open from June 15th

All this provided premises are covid secure

Government trying to change the message - quite rightly.

I'm surprised they are opening care showrooms, I thought they were limiting access to care homes.😁
Baggie in Southampton