Author Topic: Oliver Burke signs for Sheffield United (Permanent)  (Read 283044 times)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: Oliver Burke (on loan at Celtic)
« Reply #875 on: May 20, 2019, 01:05:58 PM »
That for me is key, he just never got a decent run of games. I do think that he is better than he has shown for us so far. Where to play him is the other quandry as he often plays through the middle for Scotland (not sure where Celtic played him) so do we use him there, out wide or just behind a front striker?

Didn't he get a run of games at Celtic but was still rated as useless by the fans.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #876 on: May 20, 2019, 01:09:50 PM »
I have said it before and I will say it again. The kid's body language suggests he does not enjoy being a footballer. No amount of talent or physical attributes will carry someone whose heart is not in it.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #877 on: May 20, 2019, 03:36:15 PM »
In the first half for Celtic the other day he looked completely uninterested. Painful to watch.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #878 on: May 20, 2019, 03:42:06 PM »
That for me is key, he just never got a decent run of games. I do think that he is better than he has shown for us so far. Where to play him is the other quandry as he often plays through the middle for Scotland (not sure where Celtic played him) so do we use him there, out wide or just behind a front striker?

TP's lasting legacy to the club.  Now dismissed by at least 5 or 6 coaches as just not good enough, and if you can't make an impact in Scotland you aren't going to make one anywhere (Sinclair - say no more). Whatever it takes to become a top level footballer, this kid just hasn't got it. Shame for him and shame for us - we may not have paid   Â£15 million up front but it's cost us a fair few quid.  I'm sure TP did ok out of it somehow.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #879 on: May 28, 2019, 12:26:33 PM »
Steve Clarke has named Albion's Oliver Burke in his first Scotland squad for the Euro 2020 double-header against Cyprus and Belgium.

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #880 on: May 28, 2019, 12:35:42 PM »
Quite a surprise given his recent form but hopefully good for us, SC obviously sees something in the lad worth pursuing.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #881 on: May 28, 2019, 02:55:30 PM »
Matt Wilson Twitter Account

Oliver Burke's potential move to Celtic thrown into doubt as Neil Lennon is offered the job. Albion still owe RB Leipzig final £5m payment on his £15m transfer

So we've already paid £10m for him, wow, just wow.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #882 on: May 28, 2019, 03:10:08 PM »

Oliver Burke's potential move to Celtic thrown into doubt as Neil Lennon is offered the job. Albion still owe RB Leipzig final £5m payment on his £15m transfer

My own choice of words would be far stronger.

Fair play for keeping it clean  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #883 on: May 28, 2019, 05:25:39 PM »
In an ideal world, Burke would be loaned out early in to a lower championship club like Wigan, or better still, one of the relegated sides to league 1. It would allow him some game time and hopefully allow him to get some confidence. We need to have a long term plan for him so that we get some of our miney back.

Sadly with the squad turn over that will happen this summer, he will likely stay as a 4th choice player, wasting like he did last year.

He needs game time at an easier level to master a position.
Boing Boing

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #884 on: May 28, 2019, 06:44:40 PM »
TP's lasting legacy to the club.  Now dismissed by at least 5 or 6 coaches as just not good enough, and if you can't make an impact in Scotland you aren't going to make one anywhere (Sinclair - say no more). Whatever it takes to become a top level footballer, this kid just hasn't got it. Shame for him and shame for us - we may not have paid   Â£15 million up front but it's cost us a fair few quid.  I'm sure TP did ok out of it somehow.
There's a connection there - Sinclair performs in a Brendan Rogers team (including Swansea in the prem of course) and it was a disaster for Burke and maybe us that Rodgers left Celtic.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #885 on: May 28, 2019, 09:05:03 PM »

I would take this with pinch of salt as he has just divided the upto fee by 3 and seen that he's been with for 2 years and calculated that we must owe £5m.

The fee was reported to be up to £15m with add ons.

Unless the add ons were time spent on the bench and generally being useless (nothing would surprise me with Albion though), I don't think we' d see any add ons.

What is likely he has been fed this figure from swain to tell the masses we haven't got any money and here is one of the reasons why..

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #886 on: May 28, 2019, 09:09:04 PM »
He is a close friend of a family member who played with him at forest and i was really excited when we signed him after hearing how good a player he is.
His best performances came under Brendan Rogers who I would argue is the best coach he has played under. 
Whilst he isn't a world heater is he any worse than Murphy who we gave a run of games to??

mig

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #887 on: May 28, 2019, 09:31:52 PM »
Played well under a manager who lets attacking players thrive. Performs poorly under managers who shackle attacking players and expect them to defend first and foremost.

Genuinley think he could be great in this league, but it entirely depends on who we bring in as manager.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #888 on: May 29, 2019, 08:19:25 AM »
He is a close friend of a family member who played with him at forest and i was really excited when we signed him after hearing how good a player he is.
His best performances came under Brendan Rogers who I would argue is the best coach he has played under. 
Whilst he isn't a world heater is he any worse than Murphy who we gave a run of games to??

that explains the enigma that is Oliver Burke, he is in fact boilerman !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #889 on: May 29, 2019, 08:22:14 AM »

I think Murphy offered slightly more, but it’s marginal.  Murphy just edges it on body language.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #890 on: May 29, 2019, 08:45:01 AM »
Would be surprised to not see him here come the start of the season.

With us losing Gayle, potentially losing Rodriguez and Phillips and with Murphy and Montero going back we are extremely light on attacking players.

We wont get anywhere near what we paid for him so I would expect him to be involved during pre season and seeing what kind of performances he puts in.

If he is still here come Aug/Sept and nowhere near the first team squad, then realistically he needs to be looking to go out on loan to a league 1 team in my opinion.

Doobuy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #891 on: May 30, 2019, 09:31:31 AM »
Let's hope the add-ons don't include international caps...! Hopefully his call up isn't steve clarke having a dig at us - give him 2 mins and trigger a payment!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #892 on: May 31, 2019, 03:05:58 PM »
Burke was an unused sub' when RB Leipzig beat Labbadia's Hamburger SV side 0-4 toward the end of his reign as manager. I'd be interested to know his thoughts re' Oliver's time in the Bundesliga and whether he rated him/thought he had potential as a player.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

salaswba

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #893 on: June 08, 2019, 09:52:07 PM »
Just scored the winner for Scotland and first senior international goal after coming on as a sub and utilised as a striker for 20 mins. Was in tears at the end. Too many people have written his Albion career off

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #894 on: June 08, 2019, 10:33:59 PM »
Just scored the winner for Scotland and first senior international goal after coming on as a sub and utilised as a striker for 20 mins. Was in tears at the end. Too many people have written his Albion career off

I'm pretty sure that whatever our shortcomings are when it comes to acting decisively, freezing Burke out has been for a very good reason. It's now or never for him this season.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #895 on: June 08, 2019, 11:00:50 PM »
Maybe, just maybe.............I really want this kid to make it.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

colinmax

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #896 on: June 09, 2019, 02:49:37 PM »
I don't think he has been given a fair chance at the Albion.he has potential but is not the finished article.
He was clinical in despatching the ball into the net where many many would have ballooned the bouncing ball over the bar.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #897 on: June 09, 2019, 03:15:27 PM »
I don't think he has been given a fair chance at the Albion.he has potential but is not the finished article.
He was clinical in despatching the ball into the net where many many would have ballooned the bouncing ball over the bar.
Some of our supporters do not appreciate the massive burden of being the most expensive Scottish player ever, and never being given even a little run by a succession of poor Albion managers.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #898 on: June 09, 2019, 10:07:05 PM »
Terrible player, who I hope recoup some money back for.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #899 on: June 10, 2019, 01:22:36 PM »
If we're going to keep hold of him, we need to give him some proper coaching. Try to teach him how to move on the pitch, and try to get him enthusiastic about playing for us.

I can't see it, but it would require some proper man management.